Contacted by another baiter?

News items and topics not related to baiting.
LilRachel
Apprentice Master Baiter

Mod Awarded Icons

Contacted by another baiter?

Post by LilRachel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Have any of you ever been inadvertently contacted by another baiter? Or by someone who enjoys actively contacting baiters and sabotaging them?

I've the feeling that someone with whom I've been writing back and forth for almost three weeks now could be such a person. It's about a typical format (gettin money out of the country and then 50/50), but he takes an incredible amount of time to get to the point. His answers, however, are not prewritten, but always refer in detail to mine. He even enriches them with some anecdotes from his "personal life". And whenever I think the whole thing is a romance scam after all, he organizes the next meeting with some bank executive! :lol: As I said, we've been writing for three weeks now and my character hasn't even been asked for anything: no contact details (which he could sell), no account details (which he could misuse), no money (which he could run away with). Nothing! It's kinda strange...

Have any of you ever had such an experience too? How did you deal with it?
🐖 📷 📹 📋🦁⌛

"You are singlehandedly disrupting all of lad-economics it seems." ~ Bertje
"I am real and I know who I am okay" ~ Jordan
"Now that I am with you, I guess you can call me a sucker." ~ Jordan
"I'm not a baby lawyer and even a baby lawyer can not stoop so low by sending those items to you" ~ Barrister Sunshine
"YOURE EVIL WOMAN BEGONE I WILL OPEN CASE WITH CUSTOMER CARE !" ~ Rev. John M.

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Re: Contacted by another baiter?

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:05 pm

That's...bizarre.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:46 pm

I had a bait go on for nearly 6 months before the lad asked me for money, and there were times I wondered if he was just truly awful at being on a dating site! Be wary, but stick with your character. An ethical baiter would never string along someone they thought was a potential victim. If you want to speed things up, casually ask if they know of [insert lad character name here] who is contacting you about something similar, and whether it's OK to send him the $1500 in service fees. That might get a quick reaction!
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

LilRachel
Apprentice Master Baiter

Mod Awarded Icons

Post by LilRachel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 pm

^ Six months? Wow! :D

I'm well aware that a romance scam can take a little longer... but a basic format like the one I described? That's what irritates me. Well, I'll let him get back to his meetings then... :lol:
🐖 📷 📹 📋🦁⌛

"You are singlehandedly disrupting all of lad-economics it seems." ~ Bertje
"I am real and I know who I am okay" ~ Jordan
"Now that I am with you, I guess you can call me a sucker." ~ Jordan
"I'm not a baby lawyer and even a baby lawyer can not stoop so low by sending those items to you" ~ Barrister Sunshine
"YOURE EVIL WOMAN BEGONE I WILL OPEN CASE WITH CUSTOMER CARE !" ~ Rev. John M.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:42 pm

^ I strung him along for a while, then he dropped me, but oddly enough he's contacted me at least once a year for the past 4 years. Each time, it's basically asking me if I'm still interested in dating him, then he disappears again. Once, he asked for money again but then ghosted me. If his name/format wasn't so laddish, I'd think he was simply a beggar, but truly I think he's simply bad at following through. His life must be filled with unfinished projects...
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:48 pm

He only contacts you once a year?! Blimey, that is one lazy lad.

I wonder what those unfinished projects are...

vkb123
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by vkb123 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:39 pm

Kitty La Gore wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:42 pm ^ Oddly enough he's contacted me at least once a year for the past 4 years.
Four years sounds like a really long time. Do these mail addresses not get shut down? Does he never give up? At this point, he's almost more clingy than a paper sticker

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:50 pm

^^ email addresses rarely get shut down. I suspect he goes through his list of "victims" each year and sends a similar note to each, seeing who is active. He may be harvesting emails to sell to other lads - I do get some odd spam mail on that account, which I simply ignore (or bait from a completely different account).