"Unimportant" heart surgery

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
courierbaited
Hello, I'm Looking Around
"Unimportant" heart surgery

Post by courierbaited » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello! I'm new here, so forgive me if this seems a bit strange. I go by Jacob Watson on my scambaiting address, even though I'm female.
This is my first ever successful & "completed" bait, through Sir James Brace.

In order to get in contact with this man, I went to scamwarners.com and found this post:
Re: Confirmation and Ownership of the Funds($10.5 Million)

Attention: Sir/Madam,

Greeting to you again, Good News to you concerning your fund transfer to you. Are you still Alive to receive your fund transfer from Halifax Bank Plc London, UK?. Is this contact email is current still valid? You are a very lucky person that your name is among the rightful beneficiary who will receive there fund transfer this week. If you are the rightful owner of this $10,500. 000. 00 Million United State Dollars in your name. Hurry up and contact the bank below.

You should contact Mr. James Brace
Director-General Department Halifax Bank Plc London, UK
Email Address: ( █████████████@gmail.com )

You should open your attachment now and fill the form given to you by me. You should follow the instructions given to you now. When are you going to send the fees below the form this week? Check out the form given to you. It's going to cost you the sum of £799pound

Get back to me fast today. So that we can start processing your fund. Please acknowledge receipt of this important information.

Yours faithfully,

Control Department
The scammer here will be represented in red, and I will be in green, in the spirit of Christmas.
Also, remember that bolded part - you'll notice a pattern.
I composed a new email, faked a reply, and said:
I believe that, yes, I am still alive! $10.5 mil is a lot of money. What do we need to do?
The scammer replied about two hours late (this was 2 AM for me), and basically repeated his initial email. Along with this, he attached his fake ID as well as the wire transfer form, which I am reluctant to provide given the details on it:
Hello Jacob Watson,

I received your mail. You are a very lucky person that your name is among the rightful beneficiary who will receive this fund. Your fund is ready to transfer to your bank account which you will receive in 24 hours, once you confirm your fund into your bank account try to let me know. Your total amount you will received from us is $10,500.000.00 Million United States Dollars in your name

You should open your attachment now and fill the form given to you by me. You should follow the instructions given to you now. When are you going to send the fees below the form this week? Check out the form give to you. It's going to cost you the sum of £799pound

Get back to me fast today. So that we can start processing your fund.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Jasmes Brace
So, first things first. As the scammer said, I'm going to receive "$10,500,000.00 million" USD. That's a million of that number - a million million. That's somewhere around a total of $10,500,000,000,000. I didn't mention this to the scammer - just thought I'd point it out.
Second, though the "Control Department" e-mailed me originally, telling me I should contact Mr. Brace, both the Department and Brace ended their emails with "get back to me fast today. So that we can start processing your fund." Interesting.
Third (and this is what I mention in my reply), Brace used one comma and 2 periods, which is not correct financially-speaking. Use one or the other. Because of this small detail, I decided to interpret the money as $10,500.00 instead of 10,500,000.
I replied using the name the scammer had used at the end of his e-mail:
Dear James,

Could you clarify the exact amount of money I will be receiving? At first you said 10.5 million, now you're saying $10.5k??

Thank you,
Jacob
Brace quoted his first email for some reason (there was no other content), then responded to my previous reply with obvious confusion.
Where do you see $10,5k? Your total amount you are going to receive is the sum of $10,5m only.

When are you going to send the £799pound today. So that we can start processing your fund transfer to you.

Get back to me fast today.

James
I decided to ignore the comma in "$10,5k" and moved on to challenge the currency type. I basically cut the scammer some slack and recommended a solution to fix the issue:
Dear James

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't pay using pounds, as I live in the United States.
Is there any other option for us?

Perhaps my daughter in the UK could pay for me instead??

Sincerely
Jacob
Yes, you can tell your daughter to pay the fees and give you the payment slip attachment today.

Get back to me fast today

James
I would also like to mention that "Get back to me fast today" was not a signature. He typed that up every time at the end of every e-mail.
Then I got a pleasant surprise...
The scammer had actually sent two e-mails in a row, and this time, I got some very interesting information.
Thanks for your email. Here are the payment details where you will send the £799pound today.
███████ █████
Act..Beneficiary.. ███████ █████ < (scammer's real name)
Bank name.. Revolut
IBAN...███ REVO ███ ███ ███ ██
BIC.. REVO███
ACCOUNT...██████
SORT Code...████
Amount Expecting: £799Pound.

Get back to me fast today with the payment slip attachment. So that we can start processing your fund transfer to you immediately after we have confirmed the payment today.

Mr. James,
Apologies for the block text, but there was a lot of private information for a real bank account in a real bank.
Also, did you notice the sheer amount of "todays"? Maybe the scammers don't read their own e-mails or something.
Ok, thank you. I will tell her to send you the money right away.
Now this is where it gets a little bit interesting. You see, my "daughter" is married, and her husband recently got diagnosed with a fatal heart disease that requires a surgery to fix...
Dear James,

My daughter said she did not have the funds as she has to pay for her husband's heart surgery. If she pays now she says she won't be able to afford it.

I told her there's a large sum of money that we will gain. Is that correct? Will she be able to pay for the surgery after she pays this fee?

Thank you,
Jacob
I decided to use this tactic to probe this specific scammer's level of morality (as some are nicer ??? than others).
However, I was surprised - this scammer didn't mention the surgery. He didn't even answer my question about if she would be able to pay the medical bills.
Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your email. You should tell your daughter to help you and pay the money today. So that we can start processing your fund transfer to you tomorrow immediately after we have confirmed the payment.

Fill the wire transfer form give me to you and return it to my office today with the payment slip attachment today.

Mr. James Brace
Glad to see Mr. Brace has finally mentioned something other than today - he's now talking about tomorrow!!
I wasn't done yet, though. I was going to delay a bit further.
Nothing really interesting happens for the next few e-mails, so I'm just going to quote them:
James,

Thank you for your email. I can't, however, seem to remember how to fill out forms when they're online like this. I can't just use a pen. What do I do? Please advise.

Thank you,
Jacob
Ok, You send your full details. So that I can help you and fill the form.

You should make sure that you send the £799ponud today. < ponud

Mr. James Brace
Why do I need to pay money to get money??
Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your email. Check the form. You need to pay for some documents as the rightful owner of this fund transfer.

Get back to me fast today

Mr. Jame
Now this is where I decided to bring up my daughter again, who had had some advice to tell me.
James,

I see what you mean.
I have a small problem though - my daughter says this whole thing is a scam. That's ridiculous, though. How do I tell her it's not??

Thank you,
Jacob
Finally, we got a lengthy and quite entertaining response - took us a while, but I got what I wanted. Some of the sentences seemed off:
Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your email. I don't like talking too much. Hope you have
seen everything with your eyes. I am a golden fish no hiding place.

You should follow my instruction given to you. So that we can transfer
your fund to you immediately today after we have confirmed the payment
slip from you or your daughter today.

Get back to me fast with the payment slip attachment. You for the
confirm your fund transfer to you since yesterday.
No delay your fund
transfer again. Tell your daughter that this is not a scam ok. You
have my working ID.

Mr. James
I was done with this scammer. I was satisfied by the "golden fish" I had received, so I said:
Dang, you're certainly in a rush.

How's the family?
I'm interested.

What could possibly cause you to result to breaking the law in order to earn a little bit of cash?
The scammer, sadly, never responded.
But yeah! That was my first attempt at scambaiting. I know I'll get better over time. How did I do? :D
"I am a golden fish no hiding place." ~ Sir James Bruce, 23/11
"I receive your email about your daughter's birthday and am wishing her a great birthday may she celebrate more birthday with everlasting joy. Happy birthday to her once again..." ~ Mr. William Dudley, 1/12

Rynok
Not quite a Newb
Re: "Unimportant" heart surgery

Post by Rynok » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Very good. One thing to do, if you haven't already, is whenever you get what looks to be actual bank account information is to contact one of the moderator or site administrators here and provide them with that information so that they can arrange to get it shut down.

courierbaited
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by courierbaited » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 am

[No need to quote the prior text above, just think of this as an ongoing conversation! - Kitty LaGore]

Got it, thank you. Where do I go for that?
"I am a golden fish no hiding place." ~ Sir James Bruce, 23/11
"I receive your email about your daughter's birthday and am wishing her a great birthday may she celebrate more birthday with everlasting joy. Happy birthday to her once again..." ~ Mr. William Dudley, 1/12

Rynok
Not quite a Newb

Post by Rynok » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:31 am

[No need to quote the prior text above, just think of this as an ongoing conversation! - Kitty LaGore]

Well, the individuals who go by the usernames ghost, Rover, and bware419ers (their usernames are red in the forums) are the "big three" site admins. Click on one of their profiles and send them a private message about it, and they'll walk you through things from there.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:35 am

Also any mod can help with reporting bank accounts - our names are in green! 8-)
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 pm

^^^That.
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo