Derek's first chance of scambaiting since signing the muguguestbook

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Derek's first chance of scambaiting since signing the muguguestbook

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:31 pm

So, this is my first attempt at scambaiting since I signed the muguguestbook and since doing it, all the scammers go into my spam folder. This is my story

Any emails in bold are me
Derek Trotter/Del Boy (my main account): The eldest of the Trotter brothers and head of Trotters Independent Traders
Herman Boyce/Boycie (this is actually another one of my sockpuppets): A second hand car dealer and a friend of Del. Also referred to, as the most successful regular of the Nag's Head. (Both Derek Trotter/Del Boy and Herman Boyce/boycie are fictional characters and originate from Only Fools and Horses).

Any messages in italics are the scammer identities
Mrs. Pim Fortuyn: The wife of some Dutch politician
Klaas Ariaans: A bank manager. Specifically, the bank manager of ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
Jonathan Godsaveus: A barrister. Like Pim, he has two email addresses. He contacted me on this email address: [email protected] and then switched to this one: [email protected] Since this post, the gmx.us email address appears to be offline.

So, our story started three days ago when this message came in from Pim Fortuyn:

Dear sir,

I am Mrs. Pim Fortuyn, wife to Mr. Pim Fortuyn, was a Netherlands dutch politician, academic, author and businessman. My husband was murdered in Netherlands in 6 May 2002 by loyalists hatchet men from the ruling political party in the country. After his death, our family treasure and assets have being seized by the government stricter measures placed to make life miserable for me. Reluctantly, I have relocate to a remote location to escape the attacks from the government. I write you because of our last family deposit in a bank in Netherlands. I have discussed with the manager who promised to assist me have the money out of Netherlands bank asked me to present someone outside Netherlands to receive this fund for us. The bank said i need to change the account name from my family name to your name so that the government will not dictate it. Please reply this email so i can direct you to the bank for expedite the process.

Thank you
Mrs. Pim Fortuyn
[email protected]

She said for me to reply to this email, so I did. Pim contacted me on two email addresses, so I wrote to them both. I wrote:

Hello Pim

So your husband died nearly 18 years ago? That is a terrible shame. But if you wanted this process to hurry this process up, how come it's taken 18 years before his death could be known?

This is your email address, isn't it? Ah well, I'll just reply to both email addresses so I'll get it either way!

Kind regards

Derek Trotter.

The two email addresses I replied to, were [email protected] and [email protected]. I got a reply on the latter email which said:

Hello, dearest beloved,

Thanks for your email, I am very happy you showed interest to assist
me get back my fund of 34.5 Million United State Dollars.

The fund will be transferred to your nominated bank account over there
in your country, then I will come to your country for the sharing, we
will share it 40% for me, 35% for you, 15% for the bank manager and
10% for the expenses as we complete this transfer to your account.

Send me your information like name, home address and phone number.

Let me hear from you my dearest beloved then I will give you the bank
information for you to contact them for the Change of Ownership
Certificate of the fund to your name before they will proceed and
transfer the fund to your nominated bank account.

I look forward to your update my dearest beloved.

Thanks you

Mrs. Pim Fortuyn

She actually sent this message to me twice, actually. No idea why. But anyway, my response was:

Oh, you just want those three pieces of information, do you? Is there anything else you need? You know, like passport or company ID or anything like that?

Cheers!

Derek Trotter

And did Pim want any more information? No. She just said:
Hello, dearest beloved,

My dearest please i want you to send me only those three pieces of information.

I look forward to your update my dearest beloved.

Thanks you

Mrs. Pim Fortuyn
Well, Pim asked for details, so I gave her them (Please take note that any details I gave her were fictional.); except for the phone number. So I wrote:
Alright. Just as you like, Pim. Just as you like...

In that case, my name is Derek Trotter (my friends and family tend to call me either Del Boy or Del) and my home address is:

Whitemead House
Duckmoor Road,Bristol
BS3 2ES
Floor 4, Room 6

Derek Trotter
The same day, Pim wrote back. She said:

Good day my dearest beloved,

Thanks for your prompt attention and reply to me and your understanding and also accepting to assist me in the transaction of my fund.

My dearest your information is well understood by me and I'm happy to meet you on this matter. I have been waiting to hear from a Christian brother like you.
Your mail which I just read through now really was so shocking that i thought so much about how to say this to you but truly I'm so happy i find you.

Name of Bank: ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
Account name: Pim Fortuyn
Account Number: 81305613
Swift code Number: BMH9765
Bank Verification Numbers (BVN): 228760113850

You have to proceed to the bank so the bank manager will expedite the process.
Here is the bank manager information below:
Bank Name: ABN AMRO Bank N.V
Name: Mr. Klaas Ariaans
Email Address: [email protected]

Contact the bank for the fund to be sent to you. I look forward to your update my dearest beloved.

Thank you
Mrs. Pim Fortuyn

She said that my last email shocked her and told me to write to the bank, so I did. First, I wrote to Pim just to say:

My last email shocked you? How?

Anyway, I'll get it sorted right away, Pim! Be rest assured that you've got nothing to worry about.

She didn't answer my question and I just left it there for the day with Pim. Pim told me to write to the bank, so I did. I wrote:

Hello Klaas!

I'm contacting you in order to speed up the process of sending some kind of fund to me.

Kind regards

Derek Trotter

No response for the rest of the day. I heard back the next day; the first message, that day was from Pim who said:
Good day my dearest beloved,

How are you doing today my dearest beloved. Thank you so much for your response to me. My dear i have you contact the bank manager to know what is the next step to take so we can proceed this fast and get the fund transfer to your bank account immediately. As soon as the bank transfers the funds to your bank account i will come over to your country to start up a new life because here is making me uncomfortable.

I have informed the bank manager now to know if he has seen your message and as soon as he get to work he will respond to me. I will be looking forward to hear from you anytime from now.

Thank you
Mrs. Pim Fortuyn
I had a few other messages with Pim, but they were just boring. Now, you might presume that as a bank manager, Klaas would write in a more professional font. Did he? Nope. Any and all messages he sent to me, were all in Comic Sans. Seems legit for a bank manager, I don't think! Anyway, this is what he sent me:
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.jpeg
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.jpeg (204.79 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
Attention Sir,

My very humble office is in receipt of your email with the content therein noted. My name is Mr. Klaas Ariaans, I work with the ABN AMRO Bank N.V. I am Mrs. Pim Fortuyn, account officer, ABN AMRO Bank N.V Manager, my client email me yesterday regarding that you are in the right position to receive her fund. My client Mrs. Pim Fortuyn, fund valued ($34.5 Million Dollars).

Following your request, I hereby wished to bring to your notice that before I proceed further on to obtain this transfer of $34.5 million dollars to your bank account you have to proceed to get a change of ownership.
Here are the ATTACH FILES BELOW:-

Upon my confirmation of the above information, i will proceed further to outline the change of ownership documents and my service transfer date and time.
My office wait for your respond.

Regards
Mr. Klaas Ariaans
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +31696279472

I just asked what the attachment was in question, but he didn't reply and just said to fill the attachment with some details including my Passport,
Name, Home address, Occupation, Phone number and my Date of birth.

Well, he asked for my passport but at the time, I was replying on my tablet so I just gave an excuse for my passport. I wrote:
Hi Klaas

Oh, so it's my passport you want? Well, in that case, I'll attach it to this email. You'll have to excuse my passport scan; my scanner is awful and just as I went to scan it, it blew up in my face and it's now effectively unusable.

Name: Derek Trotter
Home address:
Whitemead House
Duckmoor Road,Bristol
BS3 2ES
Floor 4, Room 6
Date of birth: 2nd March 1940

Cheers

Derek Trotter
With this email, I attached this picture from scambaiters toolbox.
my_passport.jpg
my_passport.jpg (57.96 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
Of course, Klaas couldn't find it so he asked me to send it through again. I tried to protest saying that I did attach it, but he claimed that it was unclear and said for me to send a clearer image. So I did send him a clearer image; I attached this picture:
image344.jpg
image344.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
But Klaas was being an impatient little sod, and he wanted the inside pages. Since I made up the excuse of my scanner blowing up in my face and being well and truly knackered, I told him that I would pop around to see if there was any Tom, Dick or Harry to see if there was anyone who had a scanner. So, with the help of Boycie (who we'll bring in later), I sorted out my passport! Well...I didn't send him my real passport, I just made a fake one.

Then Klaas wrote back, telling me this:
Attention Fund Beneficiary,

My very humble office is in receipt of your email with the content therein noted. Dear next of kin beneficiary your information have been received and now you have to get change of ownership to link your name as the next of kin. With this change of ownership will help us transfer the fund to your bank account.
My office wait for your respond.

Regards
Mr. Klaas Ariaans
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
Phone: +31696279472

'We want to create sustainable value, both financial and non-financial, for our clients and for society as a whole. One way we do this is through our employees who volunteer for projects organised by ABN AMRO Foundation. In this way, we’re becoming a better bank which contributes to a better world.'
In response, I wrote:
"Dear next of kin beneficiary your information have been received" Cushty! But you mention the change of ownership document...how do I get it?

Also, just a weird question, but why do you write in comic sans? Nothing major, just a curiosity.
He never replied to my question about writing in Comic Sans and instead just told me, in this email, to contact a barriester:

Attention Fund Beneficiary,

My very humble office is in receipt of your email with the content therein noted. Dear next of kin beneficiary I will send you a contact of an attorney who will help you get the change of ownership document.

I just replied:

Lovely! How long should I wait for your reply?

And how long did I wait? About...fifteen minutes, give or take. Klaas wrote back to say:

Attention Sir,

My very humble office is in receipt of your email with the content therein noted. Dear beneficiary i want to let you know that after the change of ownership is confirmed we will proceed to make the transfer to your bank account over there in your country.

Here is the contact of an attorney who will help you get the change of ownership agreement document to enable us to transfer the fund to your bank account.
NAME: Jonathan Godsaveus
PHONE NUMBER: +447440753218
EMAIL ADDRESS:
[email protected]
My office patiently wait for your respond.

I told him that I would get to it, right away. And I did! I wrote to Jon (on the email address that Klaas gave me. This email address was later replaced with another one, which we'll get too shortly enough).

Now, Jon claimed that he was a barrister and he proved it, but he proved to be an even more impatient little git than Klaas was. Here's his first message to me:
Attention Beneficiary,
Dear Mr. Derek

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. You can go ahead and call me JON. Following your request, I hereby wished to bring to your notice that before I proceed further on to obtain the named/required documents, ( Change of ownership ). You will need to first and foremost send me your information to my humble chamber.

What is your full names, Address? Phone Number, and Country?.
Which Bank or Financial Institution's demand for it?

Upon my confirmation of the above information, I will proceed further to outline for you the proceed on these documents and my service charges.
My chamber patiently waits for your response.

Regards
Godsaveus Jonathan
Attorney At Law & Solicitor.
Phone: +31776-039-402
Again, he sent this message twice. Gawd knows why; but anyway moving on. He wanted some of my information, so I just provided three pieces of information: My name, my address which I gave out as Whitemead House, Duckmoor Road,Bristol, BS3 2ES (that is the filming location for Nelson Mandela House from the sixth season of Only Fools and Horses until the series ended in 2003) and a phone number: 0117 7496 0535 (this number is actually fake).

And now, we reach the point of where the impatient sod, started asking for money. He said:
Attention Beneficiary,
Dear Mr. Derek

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. I have recive your information and is well understand. I want to let you know that proceeding to get a change of ownership document in your name will be proceed as fast as i can to get it in your name.

I want to inform ypou that the cost of this document is $1620.00 One thousand, six hundred twenty United State Dollars. My service charges. Contact me now as soon as this mail comes to you.
I just asked how I should have paid this, but he didn't reply and just asked when I was making the payment of this amount. Well, since he wouldn't tell me how to make the payment, I tried some delaying tactics which was trying to get him to get in touch with Boycie and get him to pay the amount. I wrote to Jon:
$1620.00, is the fee amount? Sorry Jon, but I don't have that sort of money on me. But I'm sure it won't be a problem, because I've got a contact who could help me with this money. I'll give him your email address; his name is Herman Boyce (we call him "Boycie") and his address is hermanterranceaubreyboyce1940 @gmail.com. Get in touch with him at that email address and tell him everything.

Of course, I'd be willing to offer the chance to just deduct the charge from the document. Shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Oh, but it was a problem because this money just doesn't exist; but also, Jon tried to keep Boycie out of it and told me to get in touch with Boycie. So I tried pushing it further and said:
Yes, you do have to contact him! You don't know Boycie like I do! He's the most successful regular down the Nag's Head and he's always there, relishing in his superiority to everyone! From me and Rodney, to Trigger and Denzil!
Jon just said:
Attention Beneficiary,
Dear Mr. Derek

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. Dear mr. Derek, i don't have to contact him if you want to make this paymet you have to conact him and ask him for money to help yourself on this matter. I don't know him or have time to contact another person about this matter.
Well...Jon doesn't want to contact Boycie, so Boycie wrote to Jon! (Boycie is actually one of my scambaiting mailboxes)) From this moment on, any correspondence that Jon had, was with Boycie. This is what he wrote:
Hello Jon!

I see you're asking a friend of mine, Del Boy (or as you call him, Mr. Derek), to pay a fee of some description. I have seen Derek and his brother all the time at the Nag's Head and I've got to be honest with you, Jon, I would be willing to oblige...

Just let me know the full details of this fee.

Regards

Herman Boyce.
Did he let Boycie know the full details of the fee? No he did not! What he did, was he was going to forward the account details where he was going to pay the fee; but Boycie's a man of security and he tried to get Jon to fill out a P.R.A.T form to make sure he wasn't a terrorist or the money wasn't going to fund some insurgents in Afghanistan. Jon actually sent two emails; the first email he sent to Boycie was this:
Attention
Dear Mr. boyce,

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. Dear mr. boyce, this fee is legal and i'm not such a person who will hurt someone. So if you're making the payment let me know?.
This was his reponse to Boycie trying to get him to fill out the form. Then he wrote the same message to me; I just wrote to Jon to say:

Still going as lovely as ever!

P.S. I think we can safely drop the formalities, Jon. You can just call me Derek, or if you still want to use formalities, just call me Mr. Trotter.

Well, I asked him to call me Derek, so he did! Jon said:

Attention
Dear Derek,

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. Derek, i want you to ask your friend when he is making the paymet of the fee and i hope ypu tell him how much ths fee is?.

He still tried to get me to contact Boycie to fill him in on the details, so I just decided to change tactics: As Boycie, I made Jon a deal: Both me and Boycie would split the fee and that seemed to do the trick because he gave me a bank account, instead of the typical Western Union or Moneygram. Boycie wrote to Jon with complaints:

How ironic, Jon. I've been wanting to send the blasted money, yet you're the one faffing with the payment gateway and the fee amount!

Anyway, so we've got a bank account to make the payment! At last! Send the details to me...and the fee amount. I need to know how much I need to pay.

Jon didn't reply to this message, so I sent Boycie the message myself and said to him:
Right, Boycie. Since Jon's being a stubborn little git and we ain't gonna get anywhere by getting him to tell you the fee amount, here it is.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 at 20:10
Subject: Re: From The Chamber Of Jonathan Godsaveus
To: Derek Trotter <[email protected]>

Attention Beneficiary,
Dear Mr. Derek

Sir,
My very chamber is in receipt of your email. I have recive your information and is well understand. I want to let you know that proceeding to get a change of ownership document in your name will be proceed as fast as i can to get it in your name.

I want to inform ypou that the cost of this document is $1620.00 One thousand, six hundred twenty United State Dollars. My service charges. Contact me now as soon as this mail comes to you.
Finally, Boycie got an account which was this:
Bank name: Capital one

Account name: Bank details removed - Padme

Account type: Checking
Boycie said to Jon he was going to do it, but secretly sent a message to me, just to say
NOW!
After some correspondence with Boycie, I reported this account to Capital One. This is what I sent to the bank:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you to report an account with your service for investigation, as I believe that this account is being used by an advance fee scammer to handle fraudulent fees. The account details are as follows:

Bank details removed - Padme

I leave it to your discretion as to the course of action to be taken against this individual.

Best regards

Derek Trotter

Capital One gave me a standard reply; here's what they put:

Thank you for contacting Capital One's Abuse mailbox. Your submission of potential phishing or misuse/abuse of the Capital One brand is being reviewed. Please be advised, this is an inbound email inbox only.

PLEASE NOTE this email address is used for reporting phishing and misuse/abuse of the Capital One brand. It is NOT for customer account servicing correspondence or reporting fraudulent transaction concerns. If you require assistance regarding your account or if you need to report fraud, please call our main support number 1-877-383-4802 or call the number on the back of your card. For additional contact numbers, please visit www.capitalone.com/contact.

Check out our Identity Protection page for more information: https://www.capitalone.com/applications ... ommitment/

Two minutes later and Jon asked if Boycie would make the payment; this was around quarter past ten at night, so Boycie just told Jon:
You must be joking! The bank's closed at this time!
A couple more emails between Jon and Boycie and that was all that was left, except for badgering for the receipt. The next emails that were sent to me were mainly wanting the receipt; I claimed that I paid my half but I never got a receipt. This was probably the point where Jon was probably being the most impatient git ever because he just seemed to reply every two seconds. In the end, I just sent him a blurry receipt, again from scambaiters toolbox and that was the last I heard from him.

Gawd knows what's going to happen next, if he's either going to try to keep badgering for a receipt or he's just going to cut his losses and bugger off.

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Re: Derek's first chance of scambaiting since signing the muguguestbook

Post by Padme » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Congrats on keeping the lad on the hook and getting his bank details!

A couple of points, to help your baits, and more importantly, to help real victims:

Do not give lads any fake passport. While it might be an obvious fake to you, victims are fooled by obvious fakes all the time. The reason lads ask you for ID is they use those IDs when making new characters and they send those ID's to victims. While those names might be known in your country, they won't be known in others and lads target victims all over the world.

Never tell a lad you know he's a scammer. It might feel good, but it only helps them become a better con. When they're told they've been found out, they realize they've messed up. They're more careful and adjust their strategy for the next victim. If a lad does something stupid, tell him it's wonderful! If he sends you something you think would work on real victims, tell him it's rubbish. Help him be worse at his job.

Do not post bank account information on this forum. Bank details are considered private information and not suitable for posting on an open forum. You also do not know if this is the scammer's account or some innocent person, perhaps a romance scam victim or work-at-home scam victim who has been convinced to provide their details under false pretenses. The appropriate thing (which we would appreciate) is to provide these details to any moderator along with a link to the scam posted on scamwarners, which leads me to,

Please post the scammer's original letter (format) to scamwarners.com Posting the scammers letter / email address to scamwarners will help potential real victims. Often victims or potential victims will search their scammers email and letters when they get suspicious. You should not post your bait there, just the opening letter is sufficient.

Please do not take any of this as criticism. Getting multiple correspondence and a bank account in an early bait is a great accomplishment and I love your characters. We all went through these learning steps and part of the mission of this board is we all help each other.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? ☠️Accra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu ☯x6 GoldPith , 🎩x2⌛️
Amos ☠️🛡️🎩 Akure>Kano ⌛️
Godwin 2015-? ☠️🛡️🎩x8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomé/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail ⌛️
🎩's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. 🍟🐐 🎓🎅🏻🎥

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Cheers, Padme! Truth be told, I don't think the scammers had any means of using Western Union or Moneygram in the first place. And now, we'll move on to your points.
Do not give lads any fake passport. While it might be an obvious fake to you, victims are fooled by obvious fakes all the time. The reason lads ask you for ID is they use those IDs when making new characters and they send those ID's to victims. While those names might be known in your country, they won't be known in others and lads target victims all over the world.
I can understand refusing to send out fake passports, but it feels to me like a double edged sword: You can either send him a fake passport made up in like MS Paint which will keep him on the hook, or you can send him nothing at all; in which case, they'll just say something like "Never you contact me again", and clear off.
Never tell a lad you know he's a scammer. It might feel good, but it only helps them become a better con. When they're told they've been found out, they realize they've messed up. They're more careful and adjust their strategy for the next victim. If a lad does something stupid, tell him it's wonderful! If he sends you something you think would work on real victims, tell him it's rubbish. Help him be worse at his job.
I appreciate the advice, but at the same time I don't think I told him that I was aware that he was a scammer. I don't think I told any of the scammers that I knew that they were criminals.
Do not post bank account information on this forum. Bank details are considered private information and not suitable for posting on an open forum. You also do not know if this is the scammer's account or some innocent person, perhaps a romance scam victim or work-at-home scam victim who has been convinced to provide their details under false pretenses. The appropriate thing (which we would appreciate) is to provide these details to any moderator along with a link to the scam posted on scamwarners, which leads me to,
Sorry! That's all I can say on this point; and it is one thing I will keep in mind.
Please post the scammer's original letter (format) to scamwarners.com Posting the scammers letter / email address to scamwarners will help potential real victims. Often victims or potential victims will search their scammers email and letters when they get suspicious. You should not post your bait there, just the opening letter is sufficient.
Like the above point, it'll be something I'll take on board.
Please do not take any of this as criticism
Oh no, these are pretty valid points, especially with regards to the bank account and using scamwarners.com.
Getting multiple correspondence and a bank account in an early bait is a great accomplishment and I love your characters.
Thank you.
We all went through these learning steps and part of the mission of this board is we all help each other.
Quite.

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Post by Padme » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:49 pm

or you can send him nothing at all; in which case, they'll just say something like "Never you contact me again", and clear off.
I have a lad I started baiting in 2015 with another baiter DSW
Here's a pic of the lad:
He has lots of other tattoos saying things like Padme, 419eater (above in Latin), you get the idea.
He still talks to my character. I never sent him a passport.

The potential for a victim to get fooled by your fake outweighs the work involved in continuing your bait without it. Off eater, you can obviously do what you like. But for baits we do here, sending fake passports is a no-no because we put victim safety first.

If your lads are quitting on you without them, why not just collaborate with or ask advice from other baiters here? That's what's great about joining a forum. Otherwise, why bother? I learn stuff from other baiters all the time.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? ☠️Accra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu ☯x6 GoldPith , 🎩x2⌛️
Amos ☠️🛡️🎩 Akure>Kano ⌛️
Godwin 2015-? ☠️🛡️🎩x8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomé/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail ⌛️
🎩's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. 🍟🐐 🎓🎅🏻🎥

SomethingFishy
Not quite a Newb

Post by SomethingFishy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm

That's a great straight bait. Congrats on the piggy! Be sure to add it to your signature once the siggy icons are back.

You'll come to discover quickly that all serious banking in lad land is conducted in comic sans. I try to reply back to them the same way, just so they know I am serious.

Think of getting around the passport as a creative writing exercise. I don't like offering them corrupted files because that adds to the expectation that you can deliver a passport. If your character doesn't globe-trot then he doesn't need a passport. If he's a wealthy and well-endowed man of the world, well of course your passport is in the safe deposit box at the bank, you'll have to make an appointment to go get it. They'll ask for another ID card, but they took your driver's license away. The important thing is that you don't just outright refuse. You would love to comply, but...

Looking forward to reading more of Derek.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by B8er » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Looking like you are compliant is the main thing for the majority of scammers, it's a test to see how compliant you are they have no real interest in your passport or any of the other stuff they ask for. If you don't outright refuse to send it and appear to be trying to comply then they will see you as a victim that is worth pursuing.

There will be some who are fixated on getting a passport, possibly because they want it to use in another scam or possibly because they have been baited by so many baiters that they are now questioning every victim, which makes them less effective
👅🌺🌋😅

McMarz
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 04 Mar 2019

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by McMarz » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:02 pm

I've emailed with over 100 lads in the past year and only two of them dropped me, because I didn't give them a scan of an ID, so it's quite rare.

Talking about money usually makes them forget about the passport very quickly. For example, tell them that several months ago you paid $2,850 to Godwin Emefiele of the Central Bank of Africa and that you still haven't received your overdue funds. This makes the lads believe that you're a real paying victim and that's the only thing they really care about.
:pig: x 152
:hourglass: Dr. E. I. Kachikwu (1 year)

"am giving you my world now to stop all this stress." - Dr. Osagie

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Just for fun, have you chosen Godwin Emefiele for any specific reason?

McMarz
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 04 Mar 2019

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by McMarz » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Godwin Emefiele is the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. A ton of lads pretend to be him in their scams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin_Emefiele
:pig: x 152
:hourglass: Dr. E. I. Kachikwu (1 year)

"am giving you my world now to stop all this stress." - Dr. Osagie

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Fair enough.