The Supreme Court wanted to help me!

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
Munchies86
Hello, I'm Looking Around
User Icons

The Supreme Court wanted to help me!

Post by Munchies86 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:59 am

Though I've gone through another bait before this one, this is the first one where I felt really productive, including getting and reporting two separate bank accounts and really riling up the scammer in the process.

This is in reference to this email I harvested from ScamWarners: https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... 7&t=204753

I won't repost that email here, but I do want you to take note of one thing that amused me. He starts out calling himself John Roberts, the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, then forgets the name of the person he was impersonating and changed his name to Hon.Mr Williams Glover Jr. As this scambait will very quickly reveal this scambaiter is both very lazy and very impatient, so it's no surprise he only bothered to get the name of the Chief Justice correct at the top of his hook email and then failed to use the correct name for the entire duration of the conversation.

As a result of this, I am going to refer to this scammer as "Glover" as that's the only consistent and correct name between the name of the actual Chief Justice and the incorrect name the scammer couldn't be bothered to correct.

Take note also that Glover's reply-to and normal email throughout this scam is in a .cz toplevel domain. I wasn't aware the US Supreme Court relocated to the Czech Republic.

The gist of the hook email is that I was apparently getting some funds amounting to $10.5 million and the CEO of Wells Fargo took the transfer paperwork to Glover to cancel the request. Because we all know that the Supreme Court is in charge or approving or denying large-scale money transfers. According to Glover, he told the CEO to wait and took the matter to the President of the United States of America himself as well as the United States Senate to discuss my money.

Again, because the US Federal Government is going to involve toplevel officials in some random person's bank transfer.

In order to get my money, I have to send them a $550 $350 $100 $350 Steam, Google Play, or Sephora gift card. I wasn't aware the Supreme Court took makeup as payment. That's an interesting fact I did not know.

Brian Wadley - This is my alias for current scambaiting efforts.
Glover - Aforementioned lazy/overeager scammer.

Naturally, Brian was quite taken in by this possibility. Too bad he didn't read the complete email and missed the payment instructions.
Wow! What do I need to do?
Immediately, and to my disappointment, Glover failed to keep up the pretense and didn't even try to dress up his follow up email. Apparently putting forth the effort to continue impersonating one of the top officials of the US Federal Government was too difficult.
Read my message again you will see what to do.
Brian is forced to admit he's getting older and can't be bothered to put any more effort to read Glover's emails than he's willing to write them.
I am doing my best. At my age it's not easy to be able to read such long emails and retain information.

Does the Supreme Court usually help with claiming money, or do each of the Justices do this on their own?

Where can I find these cards? What even are these cards?

Please, I'm not very good with this sort of thing. Usually my grandkids help, as I live alone.
Again, to my disappointment, Glover wouldn't put forth any effort to at least role-play as the Chief Justice. Interestingly, he seemed to lose control of himself and sent me three emails in quick succession to yell instructions at Brian.

I was sure to pass on the bank details to the mods to get that account locked or shut down.

One final note on this email, this is going to be the first of many times that Glover seems to lose control of his ability to stop clicking "send" in whatever MUA he's using, as I got this same exact email twice. Every time this happens, I'm going to take note of it like below:

COMBO X2
SEND THE NEEDED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS.
SEND THE NEEDED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS YOU WILL GET YOUR CARD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
And then, completely out of the blue and without me even baiting further or making life that difficult for Glover, he shouted the following at Brian.

Take note also this is the first time he actually signs any of his emails past the first one as the Chief Justice. Too bad it's still not the correct name. For reference again, the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court is John Roberts, not Williams Glover.
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE IS WELL NOTED, MEAN WHILE YOU HAVE TO USE THIS BANK INFORMATION AND SEND THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS.

BANK INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL USE TO SEND THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS ONLY.

(Bank information removed.)

Yours Faithfully,
Hon.Mr Williams Glover Jr
CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT OF UNITED STATES.
Contact Email: (snip)
Brian, eager to get his money and also help out the Chief justice, was willing to comply.
Your Honor,

I am sorry I was not responding to your emails as I was busy attending my grandson's play.

I will go visit my bank to get the funds and then I will let you know when I am ready to proceed.
I did this to delay proceeding until I was sure how to report the bank details, at the time I was planning to personally call the bank myself to report, but read that it's far more effective to report them to the mods of this forum, and proceeded to do so. My plan was to see that account closed down, then report some error.

In the meantime, Glover wasn't sure if I understood the instructions.
WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT RESPOND AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE FEE OF $350 DOLLARS.
BANK INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL USE TO SEND THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS ONLY.

(snip)

Yours Faithfully,
Brian needed to of course calm down Glover, since he was doing the best he could.
You Honor,

I have the bank details written down and in my pocket. I am working as hard as I can to get to my bank soonest. Traffic has become a bit of a problem due to an explosion accident nearby.
Glover didn't seem to get the point about Brian having the information down and safe.

COMBO X2
THANK YOU ONES AGAIN FOR YOUR URGENTLY RESPOND ABOUT THIS MATTER, MEAN WHILE YOU HAVE TO TRY YOUR BEST AND GET TO YOUR BANK AND USE THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND SEND THE REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS AND SEND US THE PROVE OF THE PAYMENT SLIP AS SOON AS YOU SEND US THE $350 DOLLARS ONES YOU SEND IT TODAY.

(snip)

Yours Faithfully,
Brian finally made it to the bank and seemed to have sent the funds to Glover's bank account. Of course, in reality no money was sent at all, but I wanted to try and see if I could get Glover to waste time checking on his illicit bank account which I had reported.
Your Honor,

Once again I'm sorry for this taking so long. I have sent my fee to the details provided. Please tell me if you received it so I may get my money.
Naturally, Glover wanted proof of Brian sending the funds. He didn't seem to want to bother checking yet. He also seemed to decide he didn't need to sign his emails again.
Thank you for your urgent respond about this matter, mean while kindly send me the payment slip of the $350 dollras that you send us.
At this point I was still trying, admittedly a bit frantically, to find some sort of bank transfer receipt generator. Alas, the new 419 forum has a lot of links to generators that are broken these days.
Your Honor,

I'm not certain how I can get this to you. They gave me a piece of paper and I don't know how to get that in an email.
Glover was ever so helpful in guiding Brian in how to do that.
You have to snap it with your phone and send it through email.
COMBO X2
You have to send us the prove of this payment of $350 dollars now if you really knows that you send us this required fee of $350 dollars.
Some time after sending the above three emails Glover's accomplice or possibly Glover himself finally actually checked their bank account to find to his surprise and not to mine that there was no $350 transfer into his account.

COMBO X3 NEW RECORD
LOOK OUR AGENT SAID THAT HE HAVE NOT SEE ANY MONEY IN HIS ACCOUNT TILL NOW I DON,T THINK YOU SEND ANY MONEY TO HIS ACCOUNT.
Brian is of course not one to take Glover's aggression submissively. He's an old man from Georgia! No one pushes Brian around except for everybody!

Brian may have also forgotten to actually attach the receipt but thought he had.
Your Honor,

I don't understand your confusion. I sent you the funds you requested. I even have the receipt of the funds here. My grandson helped me "scan" it. I don't understand how any of this works, even when he explains it to me. Do you ever have that problem? It's like they make computers exclusively to make sure we "old people" don't understand them. Oh well.

I have attached the receipt. Are you certain the funds are not there and your associate gave you the correct information? The bank had no problems on my end, so I expect the problem is something on your end.

I was certain the Supreme Court of the United States would have been a lot better organized and professional than this. This is most unsettling for the highest court in the land.

Will I be receiving my funds now? I have a surgery coming up, followed by an inquisition. This money would be helpful.
Of course, Glover was quick to notice this since he was unhappy that Brian had not attached the receipt.

COMBO X3
Send me the attachment receipt of the payment let me check if you are correct or not send the payment slip now.
Brian was still sure he had attached the receipt and attached it again. I had copied the generated receipt I sent him and mucked it up in vim just to make Glover's life difficult by making the image impossible to open.
Your Honor,

I already attached it for you. They make this so difficult. Here, let me try this again.

Please let me know if I can have my funds now.
Glover, of course, was very angry he couldn't open the attached image file.

COMBO X2
YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS NOTING IN THAT ATTCHEMENT FILE.
Again, Brian is NOT a fan of being bullied and yelled at, even if it's by the Chief Justice. He reattached the receipt again. This time the file itself wasn't corrupted, but some joker role-playing as Brian might have run another copy of the image through GIMP's JPEG folder on the lowest possible quality settings. Twice.
Your Honor,

I already attached it for you. They make this so difficult. Here, let me try this again.

Please let me know if I can have my funds now.
Oddly, this image was not enough for Glover, who decided to try for the first but not the last time to terminate the scam.
BYE BYE YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS CHECK THE FILE YOU SEND TO ME DO YOU THINK THAT WE ARE JOKING HERE.
Now, a rule I follow in scambaiting is just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over. I noticed a pattern quickly in scambaiting that the only time a scammer actually seems to terminate a scam is when they have a meltdown and curse the baiter but don't explicitly call of the scam. They ragequit and don't bother to say the scam is done.

Needless to say, Brian is getting annoyed that Glover's getting mad at him despite following his instructions.
YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS NOTING IN THAT ATTCHEMENT FILE.
Again, Brian is NOT a fan of being bullied and yelled at, even if it's by the Chief Justice. He reattached the receipt again. This time the file itself wasn't corrupted, but some joker role-playing as Brian might have run another copy of the image through GIMP's JPEG folder on the lowest possible quality settings. Twice.
Your Honor,

Why would I think that you are joking? I've done everything you asked me. I sent you the money to your bank details. Why are you accusing me of not being serious? I can ask my grandson to help me scan the receipt again.

Brian
Then, a few minutes later, I decide to throw Glover a bone and Brian attaches the proper receipt.

Oh, and Brian may have caught whatever malady was afflicting Glover as he wound up hitting "send" a few times, too.

COMBO X3
Your Honor,

Why would I think that you are joking? I've done everything you asked me. I sent you the money to your bank details. Why are you accusing me of not being serious? I can ask my grandson to help me scan the receipt again.
This seemed to convince Glover that Brian sent the money but something went wrong. He of course put it on Brian to fix it.

Also as a note, Glover's actually factually wrong here. Bank transfers can be that quick, but I've done ACH transfers between two of my own bank accounts between two different banks that took a few days. The banks were very clear to notify me of a date when the transfer is finished.

COMBO X2
This is to inform you that the receipt of your message is well noted, mean while our agent have not see the money yet in his account you have to go back to the bank you send us this required fee to know what it is the problem because sending money USA to USA is just one day the receiver will see the money in his account, please kindly check with your bank and find out the problem.
Brian had better things to do that day, and got a little patronizing just to annoy Glover. Brian also put a little blame on the fiasco on Glover's staff. This won't be the last time he does this.
Your Honor,

I will do my best to try and get back to the bank today. I have a doctor's appointment to discuss more details about my surgery and awaiting a phone call with my attorney regarding this inquisition I cannot get out of.

Let it be known before the Supreme Court of the United States of America that this loyal citizen might have to make time tomorrow morning to sort this out with his bank. Is this on the record? I don't trust your staff after they apparently screwed up this first transfer.
Again, Glover seems appeased for the moment, but he wanted to be sure Brian wasn't confused about his mission.
Thank you so much for your urgent respond about this matter, mean while you have to try everything possible to go back to your bank today and sort out the problem inform your bank to credit the $350 dollars to our agent account today to enable make sure that we complete everything about this transaction today without any more delay again.
Your Honor,

I'll do my best, but I can only promise I'll try. It will certainly be tomorrow morning at the latest. Please make sure your staff are also correct. I can't afford to keep sending money like this as I have a surgery scheduled.
Glover then says something that made me suspect he may have been using a money mule or accomplice.
Thank you so much for your urgent respond about this matter, mean while which kind of transfer do you send us and how many days it will take before our receivers will see it in his account.
Brian of course had a hell of a day the next day. And had a lot of rotten luck, not just involving the bank. But once he did get to the bank he could no longer transfer to the account Glover sent him.

Behind the scenes I had already reported these details and got a new strategy. If given a choice between calling their victim's bank and just outing another bank account, a scammer will always out another bank account.

As a result of this, Brian capped off his harrowing day by asking Glover to make this exact choice. In reality I was thirsty to get another bit of reportable information out of Glover.
Your Honor,

I believe it was some sort of bank transfer. I'm not really knowledgeable in these things, as I just told them I wanted to make a transfer to another bank account and then we were off to the races.

I am sorry I was unable to make it to the bank again yesterday afternoon. I had several harrowing experiences and delays between my surgery consultation and my inquisition intake session. There was an incident involving a fire hydrant and people wearing gaudy costumes downtown and I had to take a detour. I honestly wish these people would do their performance art in a theater and not in the streets. The park was all dug up and demolished too, which meant much of the roads around there were also inconveniently blocked.

After the inquisition meeting there was apparently some brawl that broke out at the train station and some people got hurt, which led to more delays as emergency vehicles were coming from all directions. By the time I reached the bank it was already past closing time and I was unable to perform the important work.

I did finally reach the bank this morning and tried once more to transfer $350 to the account information you laid out for me, but there was a problem and they said I could not make the transfer. I asked why but they said a number of things I wasn't really clear on and my head was still swimming from the inquisition meeting and incidents from yesterday.

Perhaps you could call my bank and ask them why the transfer couldn't be possible? I couldn't understand the explanation. Or perhaps we could try with a different account. I can't imagine the Supreme Court of the United States of America would only have one bank account. I would like to finally get this errand done so I can finally have this money. And have all this off my mind. The inquisition and surgery won't be so bad once I do.
Glover didn't bite. At least not at first. He also seemed to remember he was originally going after the scammer's favorite means of funding: Gift cards.
LOOK IF YOUR BANK CAN NOT MAKE TRANSFER TO THE ACCOUNT GIVING TO YOU IS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MY PROBLEM USE THE MONEY BY GIFT CARD OR STEAM WELLET CARD AND SEND US.
Brian, still exhausted from the events described in the previous email, wasn't going to allow Glover's abuse of caps lock to scare him. Once more he blames Glover's staff for the failure.

I also didn't want Glover to get back to his original mission of seeking gift cards. I wanted banking details.
Your Honor,

All due respect, but this is your problem. I've been following your instructions and your instructions have not been working. You can't turn around and blame your staff's incompetence on me. I am not a legal person nor am I a banking person.

I don't know what a steam wallet, but I know what a bank transfer is. Please either call my bank or just give me a different account so that we can get this matter finished so I can have my money and stop blaming me.
Brian didn't get a reply, so later that same day, Brian found an opportunity to put the blame on further delays on Glover.
Your Honor,

Well, I'm back home since you didn't give me any further information. I'm out of time to go back to the bank today, but if you give me better information I can try again tomorrow. I'm free the whole day.
Glover sort of bit. He wanted Brian to call the bank to somehow order the bank to make the transfer to an account that, at least as far as the narrative of my scambait was concerned, was frozen or shut down.

COMBO X2
Thank you for your urgent respond about this matter, mean while call your and tell them to credit the money into our agent account so that our agent can receive the money without any more delay again.
Of course, reality ensues here. It was well past closing time for any sensible bank in the United States. Brian was sure to tell Glover this. Under the guise of trying to get insurance for the transfer to work out, I had Brian carefully probe for more bank details.
Your Honor,

My bank is currently closed. I can't call them right now. I don't want to keep making trips to the bank. Is there another account we can try in case I can't get the bank to credit to the first account you told me to use? When I did it today they told me it couldn't go through or something like that. I'm not good with banking stuff.
Glover bit and he bit hard, because he was sure if the US bank account wouldn't work, his off-shore money laundering account had to be a guaranteed way to get Brian's money.

He also remembered he was supposed to be signing his emails and went back to adding his signature again. It was still the name of someone who is not the Chief Justice.

You bet I reported these details to the mods to be handled.

COMBO X5 EXTREME NEW RECORD
This is to inform you that the receipt of your message is well noted, mean while you have to go back to the bank the bank you send us this required fee of $350 dollars cancel the transfer and send the fee correctly with bank information i send for you without making mistake again to enable us complete this transaction as soon as possible without any more delay again. Secondly if your bank said that they can not send it again in key bank just your this below account information and send it for us.

BELOW IS THE COMPLETE INFORMATION NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE RECEIVERS ADDRESS BELOW.

(snip)

Yours Faithfully,
Brian was happy to finally get somewhere with Glover. After all his staff had already repeatedly fumbled the ball on this transfer.
Your Honor,

This is fantastic. I'll get back to you as soon as I get out of the bank. My grandson is in school so I will not have your transfer slip right away.

When can I expect my money?
Glover seemed to be really excited or possibly very wary Brian might screw this up.

COMBO X2
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE IS WELL NOTED, MEAN WHILE WE ARE WAITING TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT SLIP OF THE PAYMENT OF $350 DOLLARS AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE FEE IN THIS OUR NEW ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO ENABLE US COMPLETE THIS TRANSCATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TODAY. TRY AND SEND US THE PAYMENT SLIP NOW.

BELOW IS THE COMPLETE INFORMATION NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE TRANSFER. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE RECEIVERS ADDRESS BELOW.

(snip)

Yours Faithfully,
Since I could sense just how much Glover was salivating over his imminent success, unaware he had now leaked banking details to me twice and I had no intention to stop trying to bleed bank details out of him, I decided to let Brian have a really pleasant and lovely day on the way to the bank, just to make Glover all the more tantalized at illicit profits he was sure he was about to have.

I also wanted to make him fuss a little by adding more delays by having Brian have more important things in his life than Glover or the millions of dollars he's apparently trying to give to Brian.

At this point I choose to believe every time he sends me the same bank details he already sent before he's just absolutely slavering and can't control himself.

COMBO X2
Your Honor,

Today is such a better day than yesterday. It's not really hot, the sun is out, I had lunch out with my daughter who is very excited to nearly be done with school. The park is still closed due to the mess from yesterday, so we just went for a stroll along one of the streets looking at all the shops. I was sure to buy my daughter some lovely chocolates just for being my daughter. It was a lovely day.

I am about to go into the bank properly once we part ways. As stated, I'm probably not going to be able to get you the slip until later today as I'd need my grandson's help again to scan it. I have the bank details here and ready to deliver to the proper people to get this handled shortly.
This seemed to work, as Glover yet again blurted out the details for what I'm sure was supposed to be his money laundering account.
THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE IS WELL NOTED, MEAN WHILE AM WAITING FOR THE PAYMENT SLIP AS SOON AS YOU SEND THE FEE TO THIS BANK DETAILS BELOW.

(snip)

Yours Faithfully,
Of course, since I wanted more bank details and also didn't want to go through the same nonsense with a transfer slip, I dropped the boom on Glover and Brian, very annoyed and angered, failed to get the transfer to work.

It's all Glover's staff's fault of course. Clearly the only solution to this problem is to get more banking details.
Your Honor,

This is getting on my last nerve. I made it to the bank to do the transfer as you asked and not only was the first account still not working according to the cashier, but your backup account details also did not work. I must once again call into question whether your associates in the Supreme Court or your staff are aware of these constant problems.

I know you've provided me with details twice over now, but I suspect you need to confirm with your associates and ensure your details are accurate. It is 12 minutes or so away from the bank closing, at which point I'll only have a few hours tomorrow as an opportunity to see to the bank, otherwise I have to wait until Monday.

Please provide accurate details or another bank account you can be absolutely sure works for bank transfers, as so far you've given me two accounts that have not worked, and I am getting frustrated and no doubt you are too.

You may need to ask your agent what, exactly, they are doing with your bank details. I want my money, and you no doubt have something better to do, so your associate needs to stop screwing up and provide real, working bank details, and not the broken details I've been wasting my time with so far.
Of course, since Glover was sure he was going to succeed until Brian failed to make the transfer, he lost his patience.

Again, I should note that at this point the bank was closed on a Friday, and most banks in the US are only open for a few hours on Saturdays and closed altogether on Sundays.

Glover seemed to again forget to sign his emails. Very unprofessional for a Chief Justice.

Unfortunately he got back on mission to get gift cards.
LOOK THE TWO ACCOUNT I SEND TO YOU IS VERY GOOD BANK DETAILS SO I DON,T UNDERSTAND WRONG WITH YOU AND YOUR BANK GO TO YOUR BANK GET THE $350 DOLLARS USE THE MONEY TO BUY ITUNES CARD AND SEND IT TO US.
COMBO X3
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU HAVE TO WITHDRAW THE $350 DOLLARS FROM YOUR BANK USE THE MONEY AND BUY GOOGLE PLAY CARD, TEAM WALLET CARD OR ITUNES CARD AND SEND THE CARD FOR US YOU CAN SEE THE CARD IN A NEAREST STORES AROUND YOU.
Of course, I really didn't want him to go for gift cards because there's no real way to hit scammers where it hurts when they ask for gift cards.

Brian, thus, has a hard time even comprehending gift cards at all or how they work. I. Want. Banking. Details.
Your Honor,

I don't understand how those cards work. I'd rather not get them. Why can't you provide me new details? I'm on my way to the bank, and I don't want to deal with this much longer.
And of course, since Glover didn't answer, Brian got to blame another delay on him.
Your Honor,

I didn't hear from you in time and now the bank's closed. I'll have to talk about this on Monday. I am very frustrated that you haven't been able to make this work.
Glover started getting clearly frustrated that his lazy approach to scamming wasn't working and being blamed for the constant delays. He didn't bite on the request for more banking details.

As a side note. Does Glover think prefacing every other email with "THIS IS TO INFORM YOU" is all he has to do to sound like the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court? As I said, his entire approach to the scam is lazy.

Also, take note over the next couple emails what I underline. It will be important.

COMBO X3
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU HAVE TO WITHDRAW THE $350 DOLLARS FROM YOUR BANK USE THE MONEY AND BUY GOOGLE PLAY CARD, TEAM WALLET CARD OR ITUNES CARD AND SEND THE CARD FOR US YOU CAN SEE THE CARD IN A NEAREST STORES AROUND YOU.
Brian didn't even acknowledge being blamed for the delays and, again, blamed Glover's staff for the delays, and finally gave in on the request for gift cards.

At this point I was pretty sure Glover was either entirely unwilling or entirely unable to give up more banking details. If any other scambaiters jump on this scam and get more out of him, awesome.
Your Honor,

This is all extremely frustrating with the delays you and your associates are causing, but fine. I will go to the bank and take care of it. I don't understand why you won't accept that there's anything wrong on your end. I will let you know as soon as I am ready to proceed.
Since the scam appeared to Glover to go back on track, he stopped shouting again and reiterated his instructions to Brian.

COMBO X2
This is to inform you that the receipt of your message is well noted, mean while go to your bank withdraw the $350 dollars from your bank go to the any shop by steam wallet card or googly play card or iTunes card and send us to enable complete everything today without any more delay again, everything is in your hands now.
Now, you probably noticed the theme of what I underlined there. My partner, sharp as a tack, noticed that and suggested Brian should do exactly what he was told.

So... Brian did exactly what he was told.
Your Honor,

This has been a busy day, but I have finally taken care of the matter. I made it to the bank this morning, withdrew the money, then stopped to have a bite to eat. It was a simple hamburger but this time it was with my son. He agreed to help me send this off. I got an iTunes gift card.

It took me a while to find the information, but you'll be pleased to know that I was able to send the gift card your way. I mailed the card from the pose office to the Supreme Court at:

C/O Supreme Court of the United States
(THE ACTUAL REAL LIFE ADDRESS OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES)
(Snipped just in case this might not be in line with forum policy. Needless to say in real life I didn't send anything to SCOTUS.)

I was sure to put detailed instructions on why I was sending the card so there would be no confusion by your staff when the card is received. I have no faith in their ability to handle the matter as they have twice sent me invalid bank details, and you have continued to insist in not sending any further details or checking them yourself.

Now that your funds are on the way, kindly instruct me on what I need to do next to receive my money.
Glover seemed not to bother to read what I wrote. It really sucks that I at least put forth the effort to look up the Supreme Court's mailing address, and this idiot couldn't be bothered to read an entire email and comprehend it. I was disappointed and annoyed.
Thank you for your message send the iTunes details information here.
Since Brian literally did what Glover told him to do, he had to remind Glover of this fact he clearly ignored in Brian's previous email.
Your Honor,

I already sent you the card. It's in the mail on the way to your offices in the Supreme Court, just like you told me to do. You can get the information on the card when it arrives. It will likely reach the mail room in the Supreme Court building in a few days.

I did my part, not it's on you and your staff. I hope your staff are competent enough to understand the note I included with it. Given their history with sending you bad bank details to forward to me I wonder if you should wait in the mail room for the next three days until it arrives. Would the Supreme Court allow you to cancel deliberations that long for this matter?
Finally realizing he wasn't getting his gift card, Glover started his meltdown. Notice he still hasn't clued into the fact that he literally instructed Brian to do exactly what he did: Buy an iTunes card and send it to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

Who is the fool here again?
YOU ARE A FOOL YOU NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTION.
Brian either didn't or wouldn't get Glover's point, since he did what Glover instructed.
Your Honor,

I followed all of your instructions. You told me to take out $350 from the bank, then go and buy and iTunes card. You told me to send you the card.

I followed your instructions to the letter. The card is on its way to you now.
Glover, still melting down and angry that not only did his laziness not pay off but his impersonation of a top official of the US Federal Government actually lead to his downfall, had a rather pointless request. I can't imagine what he expected to get from this.
send the receipt of the card.
Brian isn't entirely daft, and is sure to point out that if the card's in the mail, the receipt's pretty useless to Glover. Behind the scenes I just didn't want to bust out the receipt generator.
Your Honor,

I'm sure I left it out somewhere. Normally I throw away my receipts.

Why do you need it anyway? The card is probably going to reach your office in a couple of days. I am really confused why this is such an issue for such a high-ranking government official such as yourself.
Continuing his meltdown, Glover tried to break off the scam. Of course, again, that rule: Just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over. Still, I'm pretty sure he pretty much twigged at this point that I, as Brian, had played him like a fiddle.
GOOD BYE NONSENSE.
Brian, of course, pushes back against Glover's rudeness. And of course another chance to blame Glover's staff presented itself. This is my attempt to hook him again.
Your Honor,

Why are you being so rude? Is it because your staff caused so many problems?

When am I going to get my money? I sent you the gift card you asked for? Did you still need the receipt?
Glover, nearing the end of his meltdown, continued to demand the receipt and, oddly, the gift card number. I'm not sure what made Glover think Brian was going to get that number if the card is in the postal system being mailed to the Supreme Court.

Remember, Brian did exactly what Glover told him to. Yet for some weird reason Glover doesn't clue into the fact he made this happen.
JUST SIMPLY INSTRUCTION YOU CAN NOT FOLLOW SEND THE RECEIPT OF THE CARD AND ALSO SEND US THE CODE OF THE CARD.
Brian, angry and worn out from the Chief Justice acting unprofessionally and maybe even unethically, attached the receipt and sent it to Glover, and pointed out again that he did exactly what Glover told him.

I may have breached the "don't educate the scammer" with this one.
Your Honor,

I have attached the receipt. I cannot give you any code of the card, as the card is in the mail. I do not have it.

Also, I resent that you again have asserted I haven't been following your instructions.

"THIS IS TO INFORM YOU HAVE TO WITHDRAW THE $350 DOLLARS FROM YOUR BANK USE THE MONEY AND BUY GOOGLE PLAY CARD, TEAM WALLET CARD OR ITUNES CARD AND SEND THE CARD FOR US YOU CAN SEE THE CARD IN A NEAREST STORES AROUND YOU"

YOU SAID THE ABOVE

You repeatedly told me to send the card to you. And so I did.

I am beginning to question your suitability to serve as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America if you can't even keep your own instructions straight. Perhaps Congress should impeach you so President Joe Biden can appoint your replacement.

Kindly stop inconveniencing a taxpayer over your incompetence and tell me how to get my money.
At this point it's clear that Glover twigged he was being baited and acts like a complete nitwit in response. I find it amusing he calls Brian a fool when he's the one who gave up two bank accounts, kept salivating over Brian trying to send him money, and gave Brian instructions that would cause anyone to send a gift card to the Supreme Court and not to him.
JOKER MUMU MAN HA HA HA FOOOOOOL.
Since I have a personal rule of never revealing to a scammer even after they twig, I played as if Brian was still expecting something to happen and just that some joker got on Glover's email account.
Your Honor,

I am still waiting for you to tell me what to do next now that the iTunes card is on the way to your offices.

Also, I suspect that your account was just used by an unauthorized person. Perhaps a small boy or a mentally incapacitated individual the authorities are searching for.

Let me know that you are safe. I would hate to read about you being harmed in the news sometime soon.
At this point, I am pretty confident to say this bait's been completed. From May 3, 2021 to May 11, 2021, a thread of about 85 emails between me and the scammer, two bank accounts reported to the authorities, and making a fool of a lazy and overeager scammer, I am pretty happy with how this turned out.

As a post-mortem, I do wonder if I could have probed a little harder for a third bank account. I still feel like I was about to lose Glover. I definitely should not have gotten into detail about how Glover screwed up by telling me to send him the gift card. There's a chance he might actually adjust his approach to more explicitly ask for the card number instead of for his victims to send him the card.

I was also hoping to go down the inquisition and surgery narratives and have this last at least another week with Glover being forced to wait for Brian to recover from surgery and dealing with an "inquisition." We see how much he loves having to deal with Brian's delays and his own.

What do you all think? Any ways I could improve my scambaiting techniques? Suggestions for what I could try to do with future scammers I'm going to bait?

Munchies86
User Icons

Re: The Supreme Court wanted to help me!

Post by Munchies86 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Oh my god, the idiot actually took the hook and we're back at it. I don't know if I should take down this post or just leave it and make a new one the next time he supposedly ends the scam.

paulc
Not quite a Newb

Post by paulc » Thu May 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Maybe suggest Moneygram to him. Lots of fun to be had with the chatbot.

Bertje
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Tue May 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Entertaining read. Well done! I'm sure you can get him to cough up a few accounts still!

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue May 18, 2021 9:59 pm

I recall sending one of my scammers "surgical photos" of what the operation would look like prior to my character going under the knife. I think I took them all from a veterinarian surgical site and cropped out the fur of the patients.

Fantastic job on the post-mortem! Those are very helpful, even when the lad comes back. You can also try baiting him from a different character as you already know his tolerance! I've got one lad who has been baited by six of my characters at this point. Wash, rinse, repeat!
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 7 yrs (anniversary 5/27) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K

Munchies86
User Icons

Post by Munchies86 » Wed May 19, 2021 1:58 am

Another part to this mad story may be coming soon. The scammer might have twigged, but I'm not 100% certain yet.

Bertje
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Wed May 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Munchies86
User Icons

Post by Munchies86 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:24 am

Okay, so it's time for part 2 of this weirdness. Glover has taught me it's probably best not to declare the scam dead because it feels like he twigged four or five times through this whole bait yet somehow I've been able to keep reeling him back in.

Thus I'm just going to declare each part based on when he says things completely off-the-wall and seems like he's done.

Thus part 2. Entitled... um....

GLOVER WANTS ME TO DO HIS JOB, APPARENTLY

When we last left our intrepid hero, Brian Wadley, Glover's account seemed to be taken over by someone who may have escaped from a DC-area mental hospital, and Brian tried to get a signal from Glover that he was okay.

A reminder of the cast:
Brian Wadley: A 61-year old Atlanta native about to undergo surgery and an inquisition.
John Glover Roberts Williams Glover, Jr.: The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

I didn't want to let the scam end with Glover thinking that he won or that he successfully sussed out that he was being scambaited.

Brian was also still still awfully concerned about what fate had befallen the iTunes card.
Your Honor,

Please get back to me. I am certain your office should have received the iTunes card. What are my next steps?

Brian
At this point I had completely thought he was gone and had begun to fish for another scammer, when Glover responded.

COMBO X2
You did not follow my instruction i did not tell you to send the iTunes card through email delivering tell them to resend it back to you so that i will tell you what you will do you just did your mind.
To remind you, his exact instructions to Brian were to get an iTunes card (Or Steam/Sephora gift card.) and send it to him. Any reasonable person would assume this meant "get it and mail it to me."

Brian tried again to explain this situation to him.
Your Honor,

You told me, as I showed you, to send you the card when I got it. Why are you telling me I didn't follow your instructions? This is very strange and aggravating.

Also, I did not email the card. I mailed it in the postal system. It should have arrived at your offices.

Why can't you tell them to send it back? It's your office at the Supreme Court!

Brian
Let's take a moment to do a little critical thinking.

Let's discard the real world reasoning for why Glover's angry and go with what's supposed to be happening in-universe.

- Glover is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

- Therefore Glover would be physically located at the Supreme Court at least for a non-trivial amount of each day.

- Brian reasonably thought he was supposed to physically mail the iTunes card to the Supreme Court.

- Glover is, for whatever reason, unhappy that the iTunes card was mailed to his office.

- For whatever reason, Glover is unwilling to walk to a room in his own building where the card would be, probably a mail room.

- Therefore, Brian must call Glover's office, where Glover is, to tell Glover's staff to mail the card back to him.

- It's only natural therefore for Brian to wonder two things:

1. Why won't Glover just go get the card? The card's physically at his location.

2. Why won't Glover just tell his own staff to mail it back? The staff's physicallt at his location.

- Ergo, Glover's demands of Brian make no logical sense.

Of course, again, the reality is that Glover isn't the Chief Justice but just some scammer and he knows that if the iTunes card is mailed off to the Supreme Court he can't get it and he has no such staff.

So naturally, Glover's response:
I DID NOT SEE ANY CARD CALL THE CARD BACK AND FOLLOW MY INTRUCTION.
Brian, of course, continues to question the sense in Glover's instructions to call Glover's own people to tell them to do something Glover could tell them himself.
Your Honor,

I am finding this all very confusing. And I do not appreciate your tone. Why can't you simply send the card back if you need me to have it? Why do I need to call your office to have them do something you want them to do?

One would imagine the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America would be able to tell his own staff to return mail to a sender. Why do you need me to call and do it?

I wouldn't even know who to talk to. Do I dial into SCOTUS and then ask for you?

Brian
There was no response and I knew I needed to put another delay on Glover to poke at his impatience. Thus, Brian brings back in the surgery narrative.

I couldn't resist Brian also telling Glover to do his own job.
Your Honor,

This is to inform you that I am going in for my surgery in half an hour, so I will be unavailable until Saturday. I am unlikely to make any runs to the bank again until Monday.

Please inform me when you have spoken to your staff about returning the card to me.

Brian
Of course, again, Glover has no way to do this. Unfortunately, and to my growing frustration at the time, he wasn't even coming up with a halfway-plausible excuse for the two reasonable questions Brian would have outlined earlier.

This should serve as a reminder of just how unbelievably lazy this scammer is.

COMBO X2
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT IF YOU KNOW THE WAY YOU SEND THE CARD TO THAT ADDRESS CALL IT BACK AND OPEN THE CARD AND SEND US THE CARD HERE.
Of course, now he added a new weird angle to his instruction. Obviously he meant "email me the code" but...

At this point Brian's in the hospital using his phone or tablet on the hospital's WiFi.
Let me get this straight. You want me to call your staff to mail me the card back so I can mail it back to the same office?

1. Why can't you tell your staff to do this yourself? You're in the same office!
2. Why the heck do I need to do this? Is this some law thing I don't know about? Why can't you just go get the card from your mail staff?

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.
Glover again stubbornly refuses to try and at least play his part or try to explain away the logical problems in his instructions. You probably also noticed a continuing theme of him accusing Brian of not following his instructions despite doing so. It's not Brian's fault that Glover's instructions weren't specific or directing Brian to do exactly what he wanted.
This is to inform you that is not the direct i ask you is what you did without you following my instruction you will not get this your fund call the card back open the card and send it to us through this email if you really need your fund.
Brian again has to remind Glover where the failing lies and how this doesn't make sense.
You told me to send you the card. Multiple times. So I sent it to you.

You still have not answered my question. Why can't you tell your own staff to send the card back? Why do I have to call your people to do this when you can tell them yourselves.

Also, why can't you just go get the card. I sent it to your office. This makes no sense.
Rather than actually trying, Glover just loses his temper again at the fact Brian did what he was instructed instead of what Glover actually meant.

COMBO X2
LOOK WE DID NOT ASK YOU TO SEND THE CARD TO THE ADDRESS YOU SENT IT TO CALL THE CARD BACK AND EMAIL IT HERE, SIMPLY INSTRUCTION YOU CAN NOT FOLLOW.
Brian pushes back. There was a hiccup on my part in that I accidentally sent an incomplete sentence to Glover, so I'll skip that and instead post the full message he did send.

This again veers dangerously close to educating the scammer, but I think I'm okay at this point considering Glover doesn't bother to actually adapt or try to explain anything. I could probably have dropped character in the middle of this email and said, "Look, I'm actually trying to pretend to be Brian Wadley, the least you could do is pretend to be Williams Glover, Jr."

I also may have lost my own patience just because he was not giving me anything interesting and refusing to explain his logical holes. However, that's a fun thing to challenge into a character who has equally lost patience.
Forgive my last email. I do not know what my phone did.

You said to send you the card as soon as I got it. What was I supposed to think? Your instructions could have only meant "send the card to my office." You said nothing about emailing it to you. So I mailed it to your office. You are the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. It only made sense to send it to the Supreme Court. You know, where you are physically located in space.

It isn't that I cannot follow your instructions, it's that I don't see the point. You are in the Supreme Court. The card is where you are. Explain to me why I should waste my time to call back the card to email it to you when it's at your office. Explain that. Explain that. Explain that.

Glover finally says something useful that enabled me to shift Brian into a new track and me into a new strategy: Annoy Glover about how to find the iTunes card.
LOOK THERE IS KNOW CARD HERE IN OUR OFFICE CALL THE CARD HERE AND RESEND IT THROUGH THIS EMAIL BELOW YOU JUST WASTING YOUR TIME CALL THE CARD BACK AND RESEND IT HERE.
New logic problems in-universe:

- Glover is still physically at the destination of the mailed iTunes card.

- The iTunes card did not arrive at the Supreme Court's offices.

- I, and Brian, are pretty sure the US Postal Service doesn't "undeliver" mail.

Thus the most logical explanation is the card is lost somewhere and someone has to know where it is.

Brian is sure to explain this problem very politely.
It's not there? It didn't arrive at the Supreme Court? This is terrible news!

Here I was getting angry at you for being too lazy or incapacitated to go to a mail room and all this time you were trying to tell me the card never arrived!

Why didn't you just say so? This is the problem, you keep wasting our time with how you keep phrasing things in your emails.

Well, now that we know it's not there at the Supreme Court, this leads to a very troublesome question.

Who am I supposed to call to get the card back if it's not there with you? If I call your office they'll just tell me the card never showed up!

Please tell me who I am supposed to call since it's not there with you.

Glover, not terribly good at understanding how literally anything works, just tells Brian to call the card back again.
LOOK THERE IS KNOW CARD HERE IN OUR OFFICE CALL THE CARD HERE AND RESEND IT THROUGH THIS EMAIL BELOW YOU JUST WASTING YOUR TIME CALL THE CARD BACK AND RESEND IT HERE.
Brian has to again point out the problems they have to overcome.

I also underlined a fun little tidbit I threw in there. Glover failed the test.
I don't think the postal system can "take back" mail. I doubt the mailman will take back the iTunes card. I bet you never read this sentence. And calling you at the Supreme Court is pointless since either the card is there in which case you already have the card or it's not there and you can't even do anything about it.

I have no idea where the iTunes card is if it didn't arrive there at the Supreme Court with you. I have no idea who I am supposed to call.

We're so far behind on this transaction thanks to you.

I am still in the hospital. I will probably be released for light activities tomorrow. We can figure out what to do next, then.

You do have to admire Glover's persistence in ignoring problems and just insisting his victim just do things.
This is to inform you that ones you out of the hospital call the card back and send it through an email here.
Brian is of course getting annoyed at how Glover's not getting with the program.

At this point I wanted to shift again. Another user above suggested inflicting the MoneyGram chatbot on Glover, and so I decided that was exactly what I wanted to do.
I don't think you're paying attention. I have no idea who I am supposed to call to get the card back.

The mail doesn't just go get things back once they delivered, and you yourself said the card isn't at the Supreme Court where I sent it. And of course if it WAS at the Supreme Court then there'd be no reason to recall the card.

I will try and look into this when I'm out tomorrow, but I think the card's just gone and there's nothing we can do about it, unless you know someone specific I can call to ask to find this card.

Glover of course can't take responsibility for the iTunes card idea falling apart.
I DON,T KNOW ANY BODY THAT YOU WILL CAL AND GET THE CARD BACK THE MISTAKE IS FROM YOUR HAND.
Lovely that he's given up on his iTunes card. So I've already killed two modalities for him.

Now to shift into MoneyGram mode, and also a situation where Brian's not going to be going out super often because he's supposed to be recovering from a major surgey.
Your Honor,

I am finally home after my stay in the hospital. I am happy to report that the surgery was a success and I will not be dying in the near future. In times such as these with deadly pandemics and stolen presidential elections we Americans have to claw and struggle to take any wins we can as civilization collapses all around us.

I might be a bit tongue and cheek there, but I'm in a better mood after having had to stay in one place for so long.

Without any idea who I am supposed to call, I am afraid there's no way I can get that iTunes card back, so we're just going to have to give up on it. But I had time to think since yesterday and I realized a much faster, more reliable way to get you $350 so you can please release my funds. Do you have any MoneyGram offices nearby, perhaps?

Brian
Now, remember how eager Glover got to volunteer banking details without me ask--

COMBO X3
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE IS WELL NOTED, MEAN WHILE WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR YOUR HEALTH CONDITION AND SURGERY AND ALSO WE THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE AND FOR EVERYTHING SUCCESS OF THE SURGERY, HOWEVER YOU HAVE TO TRY VERY HARD AND SEND US THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS THROUGH MONEY GRAM OFFICE AND SEND US THE COPY OF THE PAYMENT SLIP AS SOON AS YOU SEND US THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS THROUGH MONEY GRAM OFFICE WITH THIS BELOW RECEIVERS INFORMATION BELOW.

BELOW IS THE RECEIVERS INFORMATION OF OUR AGENT WHO CAN RECEIVER THIS REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS AS SOON AS YOU SEND IT THROUGH MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY.

(MONEY MULE DETAILS SNIPPED. YES I REPORTED THEM)

Yours Faithfully,
I find it amusing how he only seems to remember to sign his emails when he's sending me reportable details. I am also a bit happy that he actually acknowledged SOME narrative in my emails and actually brings up the surgery and acts human for a bit.

Brian is, himself, relieved that he is soon going to be free of this chore. Poor Brian.
Your Honor,

Fantastic, I'll get down to the MoneyGram as soon as I can. I have to take it easy for recovery reasons. I'll ask my grandson to come along so I can scan that payment slip to make this go smoothly.

Curious that your agent isn't in Washington, DC. Is that for national security reasons?

Brian
And of course, one visit to the MoneyGram chatbot receipt generator and a couple hours' wait for Glover and...
Your Honor,

I stopped at the MoneyGram and sent the money. The person helping me spoke so quickly I was unable to catch all the details. Something about national security and heightened levels of tension. It was a bit much for me to follow when trying to recover from a major surgery.

Anyway, the gist is that I had to give them your name, "Williams Glover" so that you could authorize your agent to receive the funds, which is why the slip has your name instead of your agent You need to call the number on the slip to confirm you are the recipient and they'll give you the confirmation or tracking number to give to (MULE NAME).

I don't really get it, but I thought after all this trouble I should at least remember this much and let you know.

My grandson scanned the slip and I have it on this email. I am going to be so glad when this is over and I get my funds released. Let me know once your agent gets the number from you so I know everything is in order.

Brian

Now, I was sure that this was going to be it. Glover was going to call that number and maybe even get into the Hall of Pain. Unfortunately for me this seems to be where the bait starts going downhill as I suspect this is when Glover again seemed to start to twig.

For example, the next email in retrospect I think was an attempt to test if I could scan the image again and, thus, the image would look different. I'll concede the generated receipt is fuzzy and low-contrast, but he should still be able to read it.
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE SCAN COPY OF THE MONEY GRAM SLIP YOU SEND US DID NOT SHOW VERY WELL IS NOT BRIGHT SCAN IT AND SEND IT TO BE BRIGHT.
Unfortunately I think I stepped into the trap.
Your Honor,

My grandson already went home. I can't rescan it. I can email him the scan and have him try and fix it up. Will that work?

Brian
Almost immediately, rather than confirming that he wanted an "enhanced" image, Glover drops this on me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH WE HAVE CALLED THE NUMBER NOW AND THE MONEY YOU SENT IS WELL RECEIVED THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOODBYE.
Obviously I was a bit confused. I thought he had to have twigged due to that. Obviously he never called that number because he wouldn't have said anything about getting the funds. He would have instead had to go through a few circles of hell with the MoneyGram chatbot. In that thread I was advised to keep going and chase after the money just in case. The scammer was likely still testing the water, expecting a bait.

Also, the rule: Just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over.

Brian goes for the funds he was promised.
Your Honor,

I'm confused. Don't you need the slip? My grandson agreed to help make it more readable.

What happens next? How do I receive my funds?

Brian
Glover again tries to ditch me by claiming he got the money. I don't think he knows about the chatbot and just thinks I was wasting his time.

COMBO X2
I DON,T WORRY ABOUT THE SLIP AGAIN WE HAVE RECEIVED THE MONEY GRAM INFORMATION YOU SEND TO US NOW I JUST CALLED THE NUMBER YOU SAID THAT I SAID CALLED AND THEY GAVE ME THE MONEY GRAM CONTROL NUMBER THANK YOU FOR SENDING THE $350 DOLLARS NOW AND THE MONEY IS WELL RECEVED,
Then I got this weird message.
okay
I still don't know what he meant with that email. Brian didn't either. But he knew he had to be getting his funds now.
Your Honor,

This is fantastic news. Please let me know the next steps to get my funds released. I do look forward to being a millionaire.

Also, what does your email "okay" mean?

Brian
This is where it's clear Glover's trying to convince me he's twigged and knows I'm a scambaiter.

Never reveal, never hint you're baiting. Stay in character always. Just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over.
OKAY MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK UR ACCOUNT YOU WILL SEE YOUR FUND IF YOU DID NOT SEE CALL THIS NUMBER FOR YOUR CONTROL NUMBER +1(SNIP)5786965765436.
I snipped because while Glover was clearly just mashing his numpad, he did input a valid NANP phone number that would be in the Cayman Islands. I used this in my reply to convince Glover Brian really did try to dial that number.

Brian eagerly looked for his money.
Your Honor,

I checked my account with my mobile banking app and I did not see the funds. I tried your number and I got someone in the Cayman Islands, not any bank or financial transfer professional, thus I could not use the rest of those digits which I assume were meant to be some sort of access code.

Please check the number, as I am eager to get my money, especially since I sent you the fee as requested and this has already cost me well over a thousand dollars to complete.

Brian
Dumb Glover tipped his hand and showed he didn't really twig. He's still very suspicious, but if he really twigged he wouldn't send the following in the hopes he still has a victim.

COMBO X2
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPOND ABOUT THIS MATTER, MEAN WHILE AS YOU SEND US THE MONEY GRAM SLIP AND INFORM US TO CALL THE MONEY GRAM OFFICE TO COLLECT THE MTCN UNMBER SO CALL THAT NUMBER THAT I GAVE TO YOU THERE AND COLLECT YOUR ACCESS TRANSFR CODE SECONDLY AS THE MONEY GRAM PAYMENT SLIP YOU SEND TO US DID NOT SHOW ANY THING IS HOW OUR OWN TRANSFER SLIP DID NOT SHOW AND THING AND FINALLY AS YOU DID USE THE RECEIVERS NAME THAT I GAVE YOU AND SEND THE REQUIRED FEE OF $350 DOLLARS IS HOW WE USE ANOTHER PERSON NAME TO TRANSFER YOUR FUND AND AS YOUR GRANDSON CAN NOT SCAN THE MONEY GRAM PAYMENT SLIP VERY WELL IS HOW OUR GRANDSON DID NOT SEND YOUR TRANSFER SLIP VERY WELL, FINALLY WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS DO THE NEEDFUL THING. BYE.
Just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over.

At this point I started pushing a bit, and this is really more the start of my own downfall. I tried to again convince Glover he needs to call that MoneyGram number.

Brian also puts him in his place about lying and acting like a jerk.
Your Honor,

I told you, they said they had required you to make that call on behalf of your agent for some national security purposes. My grandson had gone home after scanning and I offered to send him the scan to make it more readable. I have it attached since he had sent it to me last night after you had said you already claimed the funds. They told me I had to use your name and not the agent's to ensure that you are, in fact, authorizing the agent to pick it up for you as I said in my email to you.

You do not have to be so rude and hostile to me since I'm only trying to get this done. You didn't have to lie to me about receiving the fee. Isn't there some ethical rule against an attorney lying to a member of the public.

You have to call that number to get the MTCN to give to your agent. I can't do anything about this. The money is still waiting. The number is clearly visible in what I attached.

Stop acting unprofessional and do your job.

Brian

Glover didn't bite and demands the MTCN.
LOOK IF YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE ALL THE NEEDED INFORMATION WITH THE MONEY GRAM CONTROL NUMBER JUST FORGET EVERYTHING YOU ARE JUST UNSERIOU HUMAN BEING THE SLIP YOU SEND WE ARE NOT EVEN SEEING ANYTHING LOOK STOP RESPONDING BACK TO MY EMAIL YOU ARE NOT READY TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND.
By the way, I think it's more of an insult to call me "serious" than "not serious." Really serious people are probably more of a problem than they think they are. That's not to say people who handle serious matters are a problem, I just mean "serious people." To me, the happiest people are not serious people.

So I'll take it as a compliment. He definitely didn't mean it as one, which makes this even more satisfying.

Brian is getting irritated, and I'm trying to push Glover to call the number.
Your Honor,

Stop accusing me of not being serious. I'm not in the mood. I gave you the slip. I told you that you have to call the number on that slip to get the MTCN. I don't have the MTCN, they wouldn't give it to me and told me you had to call that number to get it.

Call the number, get the MTCN, give it to (MULE), and get back to me. I'm doing my part, you're now causing delays accusing me of something. I'm not sure of what.

Brian
Glover still doesn't budge. He probably realizes MoneyGram just doesn't make you call numbers.
LOOK YOU CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT IS IN MONEY GRAM, MOENY GRAM OFFICE IS NOT LIKE THAT IF YOU SEND MONEY IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE THE WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE INFORMATION NEEDED JUST STOP ALL THIS RUBBISH YOU ARE NOT READY.
That said, I was still going to play this with the fiction that Brian was handed a slip with a phone number. That won't change since there's literally not been any MoneyGram transfer and there never will be one from Brian.

I put the number in the email proper just in case Glover just can't read the slip still.
Your Honor,

I don't know what to tell you. I was told by the MoneyGram staff at the local office that you have to call that number. The slip clearly says to get the MTCN to call +1 347 391 0690.

Your refusal to accept this is the only thing stopping this from proceeding. I have done everything you asked from the beginning. I sent the money, you know what you have to do to get it.

Are you unfamiliar with how to operate a telephone?

Brian
Then Glover throws me a bit of a bone by adding another weird logical hole.
THE RECEIVERS CAN NOT OPERATE TELEPHONE GO BACK TO THE MONEY GRAM OFFICE AND GET ALL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND SEND IT TO US.
I'm pretty sure to work for the Supreme Court you have to be able to operate a telephone or, if you're hearing impaired, some sort of TTY device.
Your Honor,

Your agent can't operate a telephone? They work for the Supreme Court! Whoever heard of that?

Besides, you are the one who has to make the call, not your agent. The MoneyGram office was clear about that. I doubt my going back to the office will change that.

Call the number and get the MTCN and stop making this so difficult.

Brian
Glover wasn't amused that I wasn't taking that excuse.
LOOK STOP ALL THIS RUBBISH MONEY GRAM OFFICE CAN NOT SAY WE SHOULD CALL THEM TO GET THE MTCN NUMBER STOP PLAYING WITH YOU SELF.
Oh, don't be so... so... naughty, Glover. What I do in my own time...

Besides, it's Glover I'm playing with, not myself. Still, I don't want to make it that sort of post.

I keep pushing, and this is where I fear I start to really lose Glover.

Brian also is getting very annoyed that Glover's not doing his part. Brian did his.
Your Honor,

The MoneyGram office can and did.

Who is playing? You? I sent you the slip which gives the instructions. I did everything you told me to do. The least you could do is do your part in getting the money. I'm not going anywhere. Call the number, get your money. It's just a phone call, for crying out loud. A child can place phone calls.

Brian.
And Glover again tries to end the scam. That is, unless I actually send the money via MoneyGram the way sane people send money over MoneyGram.
LOOK IF YOU CAN NOT SEND MONEY HOW PEOPLE TO SEND MONEY IN MONEY GRAM JUST FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING AND LET END UP THIS TRANSCATION BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS MONEY GRAM THAT EVERYBODY IS SENDING MONEY AND GETTING THE CONTROL NUMBER AFTER SENDING THE MONEY YOUR OWN IS DIFFERNT, ARE YOU KIDDING YOUR SELF TO SEND IN BANK ACCOUNT PROBLEM TO SEND IN ITUNES CARD PROBLEM TO EVEN SEND IN THE EASER PLACE MONEY GRAM THIS PROBLEM FOR YOU, JUST TO CONTACTING ME AGAIN GOODBYE.
Just because the scammer says the scam is over doesn't mean the scam is over.

Brian keeps pushing, continuing to accuse Glover of not do his part.
Your Honor,

I can't account for why mine is different! Maybe MoneyGram thinks this particular transfer needs extra confirmation. I can handle the transaction, I've been showing a willingness and capability in following your instructions. Every time it failed it was a problem on your end.

Take this as an example. You can easily just make the call and get the number, yet you won't. And then you blame me for you not dialing the number. I sent you $350 via MoneyGram, yet now you're afraid to dial a phone number and are making excuses now! And then you have the audacity to blame me for delays.

I'm running out of patience and I shall write to my congressperson about this outrage. My health cannot take this, so I am going to sign off now and you won't hear from me until tomorrow. This is not good post-surgery activity.

Just call the number and get your money and stop busting my chops.

Brian
And we get to the last email of this part. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this emoticon is supposed to be. It looks like maybe Glover's upset and giving me a B-. That's a passing grade, though!
:-o:-((B-)
Since that meets the standard for a completely off-the-wall response and call this part finished. Brian has not replied to this latest email because he's trying to rest up after his surgery and has reminded himself there are more important things in his life such as his grandchildren.

I will chase him tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, my post-mortem:

I think I need to take my time to ask myself more about the motivations behind everything a scammer says in their email. Glover asked for another scan and I thought all I needed to do was offer him a "more readable" edit of the image, which seemed to start things going downhill. I don't know if the MoneyGram receipt generator makes it possible for me to "scan" a receipt and have it look like the same receipt but a different scan, but I think I was trapped by that one.

Probably the more obvious problem I had came after that, where I started pushing perhaps too hard to get Glover to call the number. Instead of calling the number I probably gave Glover a reason to suspect that there's something off about the MoneyGram transfer. While it may have caused this to be a problem for any other baiters who might try to slap him with the MoneyGram chatbot, I think I'll point out that before I even pushed hard he was already quite suspicious and unwilling to call the number. Perhaps he got burned by the bot before, I am not sure. Or he's absolutely certain MoneyGram would never have you call them to get an MTCN.

While I would definitely like to take suggestions for ways to convince him the number is real, I'm going to go into part 3 with a few things planned:

1. I am going to have Brian drop the matter of the MoneyGram transfer, deciding to look into yet another way to get the money to Glover.

2. Brian will 100% blame Glover for the failure of the MoneyGram transfer. After all, in-universe Brian did the transfer and Glover refused to do what the process required.

3. The iTunes card is going to come back into play. No doubt the Supreme Court will have probably sent the iTunes card back on their own since I highly doubt you can just send them an iTunes card and they just keep it.

4. My friend suggested getting a used iTunes card number from some previous $350 iTunes card and send Glover that... with the twist that Brian will copy some plausible-looking Supreme Court email address for John Roberts so it might look like the real Chief Justice actually used the card number. No idea where I'd get this used card number as I don't use iTunes. Like, at all.

5. Don't forget Brian still has to recover from his surgery.

6. There's also still an inquisition coming up for Brian!

Comments or suggestions for this would be appreciated. I'm not declaring myself done with Glover yet, but he seems to have ended the second chapter of this dramatic tale of a Chief Justice and a random old stranger on the Internet.