Newbie Question and Scammer Information

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
jrodriguez
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Newbie Question and Scammer Information

Post by jrodriguez » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi! I'm so glad I stumbled onto this forum :)

An elderly relative of mine was recently scammed from an MS-77x1 pop-up to "Call in 5 minutes to have this virus removed or all data will be lost" (something like that). Anyway - we handled it and protected her from future scams after she was out $270.

Through investigating, I found their real email account (used for paypal) and their personal phone number and am thinking about baiting them continuously until they shut that down. Has anyone heard of this address: <snipped-bware419ers>? Maybe it's old news ...

Their very illegitimate website: <snipped-bware419ers>

Any recommendations?

Thanks so much,
Jamul

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Newbie Question and Scammer Information

Post by bware419ers » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Welcome to 419Eater. This site is dedicated to scambaiting Advance Fee Fraud scammers. I did take the liberty of editing your post as we do not allow posting of email addresses and sites without evidence of a scam. Even with evidence, it's still not what we deal with here.

This sounds like a Tech Support scam, which are not discussed here: IRS/Tech Support Scams -Why they're not discussed here.

If you are interested in wasting the time of AFF fraudsters, however, take a look around at what we do discuss!
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo