Discovered a major scammer

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
Lalalahater
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Discovered a major scammer

Post by Lalalahater » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:43 am

I’m wondering if this is a good place to ask a question about what the heck I do from here. I was recently scammed in a trade. I’ve traded several times before and take a lot of precautions but she still got me and dozens of others. I luckily intercepted my package before it got to her and boy was she pissed. I’ve uncovered 8 different aliases she uses and 8 different addresses so far. Her MO is having people “trade”, they ship to her, she gives them proof of shipment with a random tracking # from another one of her victims and then she swiped the packages from the residents. I was able to track down a resident who actually had security footage of her coming up to the door looking for the package. I know her true identity as well. She has a huge record filled with shoplifting and trespassing arrests. She is STILL creating fake profiles as well and trying to scam people. She also does loads of venmo scams. Where do I go from here? Ive already warned everyone in the groups I’m in of her aliases and addresses, the woman with the footage happens to be friends with the mayor and the sheriff is their neighbor and she gave everything I told her to them. But I know it’s useless trying to prosecute these kinds of people. Should I be hopeful? Just leave it alone? She’s been at this for at least 3 years now and I’ve discovered about 20 people she’s scammed out of goods/money.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Discovered a major scammer

Post by B8er » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:27 am

Moved here from general chat

Hi Lalalahater, this is not the type of scam that we deal with.

The best thing that you can do is report the crime to your local police.

Additionally, if she is targeting people locally to where she lives, you might find that her local newspaper are interested in running a story about a "local lowlife thief"
👅🌺🌋😅

Lalalahater
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Re: Discovered a major scammer

Post by Lalalahater » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Thank you.