How best to go after a fake company that is scraping information?

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
j4m493r
Hello, I'm Looking Around

How best to go after a fake company that is scraping information?

Post by j4m493r » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Hello!

Long time fan of this scambaiting community and finally joined.

Some industry colleagues and I found a company that we are sure is a scam. They are basically posing as a global print broker, but collecting potentially sensitive information through their website: <removed>

Fake profile on LinkedIn with 3 fake employee profiles: <removed>
What is the best way to proceed and take them down?

Removed website and linkedin profile, no proof of scam provided - Bertje

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: How best to go after a fake company that is scraping information?

Post by Bertje » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:21 pm

Welcome to Eater.

The scams you are describing are not the types of scams we deal with. We deal with advance fee fraud here.

You did not provide any proof of a scam, so I removed the information. Please take a minute to read our Rules.
Do not post email addresses, profile links, or phone numbers without sourcing them to a scam mail, fake site, or other verifiable evidence of scamming. The potential for abuse of non-scammers is too great. We're not saying that you would point other baiters towards an ex-significant whatever, cheating spouse, or that neighbor who never returned your power tools. We are saying that in the past, others have. Moderators reserve the right to remove un-sourced phone numbers, links, or email addresses, or just delete that particular post entirely (they're like your credit card company, lots of reserved rights).
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule