Credit Card Man In The Middle

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
first48ambush
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Credit Card Man In The Middle

Post by first48ambush » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Here's the Reader's Digest version of what I've been doing for a few years:

Email from unknown 'prospect' looking to hire me for my service... and do I accept credit cards??

After determining this was a disingenuous request, I begin the 'reverse' strategy.

I get the details of the required work and provide a quote. The prospect wants to find what credit card processor I use. After he determines I use a merchant service he can skate a stolen credit card with, he proceeds. Note, all of the communication is vial email.

Next, he wants me to do a small favor. The graphics designer, or event planner, or some other service provider who would logically be engaged on this project is a small business and does not accept credit cards. Would I be so kind as to run the card for $1500-$5000 more than the quote and give the overage to the 3rd party? I totally agree, and once the prospect is comfortable and has acquired the stolen credit card information for this scam, he will send me said card information. Sometimes at this point, the prospect will ask to communicate via sms txt. I have burner phones and gvoice, so I can oblige without fear.

Upon getting the stolen credit card info, I will IMMEDIATELY contact the issuing bank. This info is obtained by a website where you enter the first 6 digits of the credit card, and the site provides the bank card contact information. I have done this so many times that I have actually acquired the direct phone numbers to several bank card fraud departments.

Now that the card is 'out of commission', I can move to the next phase. I will now play that I have the card process and am ready to send the overage to the recipient. So far I have had prospects provide Zelle, CashApp, and direct to bank deposit info. In these cases, I have reported the fraud to the various institutions for action by their security departments.

Several people have asked if I get law enforcement involved. I have tried, however, they won't get involved because; if you think about it, no one is actually getting financially harmed. The card is being reported, no money is transacting. I did speak to an Agent with the FBI, and he advised that I report all of these actions to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (ic3.gov). He explained that if I give as much data as possible, the FBI can compile that data and possibly go after these 'prospects' even in foreign countries.

To date, I have gotten 20+ credit cards decommissioned, the praise of several bank fraud department employees, and the knowledge of a couple of banks I will NEVER have a credit card from as they don't seem interested in stopping fraud against their customers.

I am compiling a step-by-step guide to how this scam is played and am interested in sharing my experiences and victories.

I will tell you that I am in Texas, and we don't like scammers here. I'd like to help stop as many as possible.

Cheers, y'all
Taking out fraud one scammer at a time.

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Re: Credit Card Man In The Middle

Post by Padme » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Welcome to eater. Based on your history of doing this, the fact that you have a burner phone, etc. I am going to guess that you are baiting safely using all fake information that can not be traced to you, your business, any real life info? Might sound like a silly question, but we have to ask. :D

The safety bit out of the way, if you search around this forum you'll find other stories where baiters are doing similar things to what you are doing, so please stick around and join us if you like.

Congratulations on getting the credit cards zapped and saving victims some real headaches. Your LE contacts are right. Unless you happen to get the contact information for local, prolific, identity thieves, reports such as yours, especially when you've already managed to shudder the card, are not likely to be acted upon. But your nuking the card and reporting the scammers bank details that you've collected to "pay out" the lad, will do some damage.

Some additional reporting options for you - please consider posting scam emails you get to our sister site for victims, http://scamwarners.com Seeing the emails listed there can help warn potential victims who search when getting suspicious. If you get bank details, you can also report those to any moderator.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? ☠️Accra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu ☯x6 GoldPith , 🎩x2⌛️
Amos ☠️🛡️🎩 Akure>Kano ⌛️
Godwin 2015-? ☠️🛡️🎩x8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomé/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail ⌛️
🎩's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. 🍟🐐 🎓🎅🏻🎥

first48ambush
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Re: Credit Card Man In The Middle

Post by first48ambush » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks for the approval. I am practicing safety.

I did try to search for others, but I don't know what name this might be considered. I just piggy backed off of the other post. I tried searching the old forum too.

Either way, glad to be here.
Taking out fraud one scammer at a time.