WhatsApp Extortion

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
lostsheep6969
Hello, I'm Looking Around
WhatsApp Extortion

Post by lostsheep6969 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:48 pm

I started chatting with a presumed lady on Chatiw she then asked to chat on WhatsApp. We chatted on whatsapp and she sent me pictures of herself and we were having a great chat. Then all of a sudden she/he send screen shots of our conversation threatening to upload it to the web unless I pay him/her.

I reported and blocked the contact on WhatsApp. They then started using other numbers to contact me and threaten to upload our chats to the web. This continued for weeks. I blocked and reported all those numbers as well. I however noticed that they are still active on WhatsApp since their profile pic regularly changes in the blocked contacts list.

I emailed WhatsApp but their reply to me was that I have violated their terms of service which makes no sense at all. So I assume they not going to do anything about it.

I reported the numbers to Tellows to try and protect others.

<snipped information - KLG>

What should I do.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: WhatsApp Extortion

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:09 am

Hello Lostsheep,

first of all, I'm terribly sorry this happened to you. This is not the type of scam that we go after as it uses personal information, but I highly encourage you to visit our sister site, Scamwarners, and post your story there. They have members who are experienced in this type of thing and can help you.

I will say there is very little chance the scammer is going to do anything at all, and a HUGE possibility that if you pay him, he'll continue to ask for money. Your best bet is to ignore all messages until they move on - they do not like to waste time on a victim who doesn't pay.

You've already done well by reporting and blocking them. Continue to do so, contact Scamwarners, and do NOT send any money.

Hang in there - this will go away in time!
Kitty
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff