Scammer admits it's a scam?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
arthurdent
Hello, I'm Looking Around

User Icons

Scammer admits it's a scam?

Post by arthurdent » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:44 pm

My personal email address gets several new scam emails every day. After a week and a half of baiting them, I have now 25 mail threads going, plus several new scams that I have not yet responded to. This is all from mail that I received in one account. Other email addresses get none at all.

One of the scammers gave me his "home address" to send money to which is literally two streets from where I used to live (I originally came from Africa). However he has street number 101 where they only go up to 29. I looked at google street view and found that the apartments where I used to live are still there but looking rather seedy. The bank that he says he works for is actually the bank of my sister who still lives in Africa.

I came across an email that admits it's a scam:
Finally see attach of the scam copy of your master card for you to preview for more prove.
see https://www.auditmypc.com/atm-payment-centre.asp
:pig:x7
This e-mail and its retention are confidential and strictly necessary for the addressee. If you are not the addressee dying email, please let us die immediately with a reply email and receive emails from your systems to remove them. If they are not addressed, it is not permitted to take note of the compliance, then copy, disseminate, pass on to third parties or otherwise use them.
Finally see attach of the scam copy of your master card for you to preview for more prove.

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: * WELCOME NEW MEMBER. PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE *

Post by Bertje » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:08 pm

Welcome to our forum. Grab yourself a fresh towel!

Baiting from your personal "real" email is not considered safe baiting, and we strongly suggest you don't. In fact, I would recommend to cease all communications with the scammers immediately and block them if possible!!

Safe baiting is done from a dedicated email account or accounts! Have a look through our rules for some more pointers about baiting safe.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Here to help out!!

Also, I've split your post from the "Welcome newbies" thread, because it didnt really belong there. I think it will feel right at home here :D
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Scammer admits it's a scam?

Post by B8er » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm

He's not admitting it's a scam, it's a typo or a Freudian slip. He means "a scan copy".
👅🌺🌋😅

arthurdent

User Icons

Post by arthurdent » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:03 pm

He's not admitting it's a scam, it's a typo or a Freudian slip. He means "a scan copy".
Yes - clearly I realized that. These emails are full of grammatical, typing and spelling errors. I suspect that the author's language skills are such that he may not know the difference between scan and scam. He is accidentally changing one of his lies to the truth with a typo.
This e-mail and its retention are confidential and strictly necessary for the addressee. If you are not the addressee dying email, please let us die immediately with a reply email and receive emails from your systems to remove them. If they are not addressed, it is not permitted to take note of the compliance, then copy, disseminate, pass on to third parties or otherwise use them.

arthurdent

User Icons

Post by arthurdent » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Bertje said
Baiting from your personal "real" email is not considered safe baiting, and we strongly suggest you don't. In fact, I would recommend to cease all communications with the scammers immediately and block them if possible!!

Safe baiting is done from a dedicated email account or accounts! Have a look through our rules for some more pointers about baiting safe.
What I do is move the original scam emails from the mailbox where they arrived to the arthurdent inbox. I then reply using the arthurdent email address. I think this is much the same as copying an email from scamwarners. I looked at the sent reply and there is no reference to my real email address. All of the scammer's responses come to the arthurdent email address. I think I am safe.

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:15 pm

Sounds safe to me!

Just mentioned it in case you weren't using a different email for baiting !
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 am

It's safe in that it won't lead lads to your real life email address. It might bring them here though as it's the same as your Easter username. I suggest it would be better to use another one. It might be better to change your Eater name as well if you use it elsewhere.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:18 pm

^^ For the vast majority of user names I would absolutely agree. In this case, since a search on arthurdent brings up a trove of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references, I suspect a lad wouldn't find much. But you're correct - it's best to use an email alias that doesn't match any usernames one might use on any forums in real life. I had to change my user name when I first joined Eater because I had done exactly that - used my character's email as my user name. It was a character from Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Ernest", which has a much smaller footprint on Google, and I was able to do a search and find my posts in a result, so I changed my handle.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

arthurdent

User Icons

Post by arthurdent » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Having the forum name similar to the email address - The worst that could happen is some scammer recognizes the name and does not respond to my emails or cuts me off. There is no danger to me that I can see.

Clearly these scammers do not talk to each other, otherwise they would wonder why one person is responding to 20 get rich quick schemes in a short time. They must expect a person to see one email and get taken in. They surely cannot expect anybody to believe they were lucky enough to be selected as the winner / beneficiary of so many funds at the same time. I get two or three scam emails per day, and that should put off even the most gullible of people.