Yet another Corona bait

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
zulu1001
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Yet another Corona bait

Post by zulu1001 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:35 pm

I decided to start baiting again after a while. Here is one of my current baits:
(Names are all changed ofcourse, stuff in brackets are comments)
(Bold = Lad)

The first message I got from the lad was following: (Or to be exact the message that was at the ScamWarners topic I grabbed that lad from)
Attention: Good Citizens

This is acknowledge you that Mr Trump Donald the president of United
States of American, is hereby to help out all the good citizens of
Americans and other country's good citizens too during this period of
corona-virus disease, for adequate living ensure and to donate each
person of American citizens and other country's good citizens as well
with sum of $70,000.00 USD only to each individual to enable you
manage it during stay indoor as Federal Government instructed, so that
-- (Remember the stay indoor part...)
we fight the corona-virus disease case ,so you are covered with the
blood of Jesus, to receive your donation funds do contact Bar Sammy
False here to enable him release your donation funds or recommend
instant bank transfer to your personal bank account today or deliver
cash, do urgent response back now.

Once again you have to chosen one option here below.

And anyone you chosen here, you can make the payment through REDACTED
-- (But that would require me to go to the supermarket...)
Gift Card or REDACTED Gift Card or Steam Wallet Card or Google Play Card Ok

1. To receive your own $70,000.00 USD through Bank of American within
2hours time, will cost you sum of $100.00 USD.

2. To receive it in cash through FedEx Express delivery service, will
cost you sum of $75.00 USD.

Here is my phone number REDACTED

Thanks
Regarding
Bar Sammy False
Contact Email: REDACTED
Fellow engineer Joseph Mustache replied then, a bit curious because he replied after US-Elections:
Dear Barrister Sammy False,
is this still recent due to the fact the Mr Biden Joe got elected as president of the United States?

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
He replied promptly:
It has been long he order us to give out the donation funds to good citizens of America and you are among of those that will receive the owe donation fund this week. How will you like to receive your own $100,000.00 usd, You're to chosen one option, To receive your fund through bank transfer or ATM debit card.

I urge your immediate response.

Thanks
Regarding
Bar Sammy False
Joseph chose the bank transfer:
Dear Barr Sammy False,
that is nice, but don't tell him that I voted for Biden last week.
I'd like to get the funds transfered to my bank account.
The money would be great as a starting capital for a project I am planning.

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
The lad continued then with the default gift card scam:
Okay you have to send me your account details so I can transfer your fund to your account today, and also send me the require $150 for transferring your fund to your account. Use the $150 to purchase Google play gift card or iTunes gift card. If you send the gift card today your fund will be transfer to your account immediately.

I urge your immediate response with your account details and gift card.

Thanks
Regarding.
Bar Sammy False.
Mr Mustache wanted it even more quicker so he suggested wiring the amount:
Dear BAr Sammy False,
Would it be an option to wire you the money directly to a bank account? That way we both can save an extra step to make the process faster. I don't have to go out extra so I don't risk getting the virus and you can get the bank account details directly from the statement.

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
Lad insisted on gift cards or a so called "Bit Coin":
What we are only accepting is gift card or Bitcoin. So it will be better you purchase gift card or send Bitcoin. I will advise you to use something to protect yourself (I need to get an FFP2/N95 mask? How do I look like!) and went out and purchase $150 Google play gift card or iTunes gift. Once I receive the gift card your funds will be transferred to your account you will send.

Thanks
Regarding.
Bar Sammy False
Confused Joseph replied:
Dear Bar Sammy,
I really don't want to risk getting the virus and I don't even know what a Bitcoin is. Is it some foreign currency?
Apart from that, can't you just send me the bank account that sends me the 100,000$ and then I would wire the 150$ to that account?

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
He still insisted on the payment methods:
We are not permited to pay in and the options the give us is gift card or Bitcoin, that is the reason I advise you to use something to protect yourself and went out. What state are you? Bitcoin is like ATM machine where you can come and made a payment. (Nice explanation..) Try your possible best to purchase the gift card of $150 so I will transfer your fund to you.

Thank
Regarding.
Bar Sammy False
Joseph then told Sammy why he has fears of getting the virus currently:
Dear Bar Sammy,
I live in Roswell, New Mexico. The thing is, my dad is visiting me for a week or two and he is 84. If I somehow get the virus my dad could die. Isn't there some US/White House department or any department at the Trump Organization that could give me a bank account?

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
Lad then gave in and sent a bank account at 4am EST (Can't dm at new forum rn, will do when possible):

This is the account number you will transfer the $150. When you transfer the $150 today send me the payment receipt.

Bank address: REDACTED

Account name: REDACTED

Bank Name: REDACTED

Account number: REDACTED

Account type: REDACTED

Routing number: REDACTED

Swift code is REDACTED

( REDACTED) address: REDACTED

Thanks
Regarding
Bar Sammy False
Next thing I will probably do is requesting some kind of receipt for the tax statement.
:pig2: x8 from old forum :pig2: x2

zulu1001

Re: Yet another Corona bait

Post by zulu1001 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 pm

After the lad sent me his bank details I decided to confirm the payment first:
Dear Bar Sammy,
I have wired the money to the account you provided. It probably won't arrive today as we have Sunday but tomorrow or Tuesday it should arrive.
Best regards
He then replied with a quite cryptic mail first and then wanted confirmation:
The you receive the account details I sent you?
Send me the payment receipt to show you have wired the money to the account I sent you.

I urge your immediate response

Thanks.
Regarding.
Mr. Mustache did a copy of the payment confirmation beforehand:
Dear Bar Sammy,
is this the thing you need?
I did this online so I don't get a payment slip but that should show that I did the transfer.

Best regards,
Yes once the money reflect I will inform you Immediately. Send me your account details.

Thanks
Regarding.
The $150 you transfer haven't yet reflect to the account, send me your account details so when the money reflect, I will transfer your fund to you account immediately.

Thanks
Regarding
But then something horrible happened. Because Mr. Mustache put into the payment details "Payment for 150000$ of corona funds" the bank automatically flagged the payment and the advisor of Mr Mustache emailed him:
Dear Bar Sammy,
I got some bad news. My bank advisor from my bank contacted me that my transaction was flagged by the automatic system and needs verification. He sent me some steps that need to be done to verify the transaction.
He sent me the following steps:

---
Attention Mr Mustache,
Your Domestic Wire Transfer with the number REDACTED is on hold because our automatic system flagged it due to inconsistencies. To verify this transfer you need to provide following information:
(1) Signed paper confirming that the transfer is being made with consent of the account holder. This needs to get signed by the account holder and the beneficiary

To comply with the anti-terror regulations of New Mexico you also need to send following:
(2) Photo where the beneficiary holds the attached sign to verify the beneficiary is real. This photo will get verified by an automatic system that checks if the image wasn't manipulated.

The whole process is semi automatic and after everything has been verified, the transfer will be done immediately and all documents and photos are going to be removed.
---

I need you to sign 1 that is attached and send me 3. I attached the sign that was attached to the original mail. Please do it as fast as you can because I want this to get done fast. I scratched the plans for the project I had in mind as I found a nice house that fits in the budget if I get the funds. I already talked with the real estate agent and I am going to meet with him at Friday. My current living situation is quite bad: I live in a apartment that is in horrible condition but I can't afford a better apartment. Living in a house that looks like that would mean the world to me so we need to get this done before Friday.

Best regards,
Lad didn't reply then for 2 days (I already thought he blocked me because I went a bit too far at my last mail) so I tried mailing him back a few times:
Dear Bar Sammy,
I am not home starting tomorrow noon (13:00 MST) till Thursday evening (17:45 MST). Would it be possible that you do the required steps till tomorrow noon and send me the required stuff so the payment is on the account at around Thursday?
By the way this opportunity is fantastic! I couldn't thank you enough for it.

Best regards,
Dear Bar Sammy,
You replied to me in the last days quickly but I haven't got a response from you since 1,5 days. Are you OK?

I urge your quick response.

Best regards,
The lad was still somehow convinced of this and replied:

I am sorry for my late reply, I had a bad news yesterday evening that the owner of the account have contacted corona-virus and he have be isolating for 21days
(Online banking exists...), I will suggest you should cancel the transaction and send the $150 through Bitcoin or PayPal so your own donation fund can be transferred to you tomorrow morning. I will be waiting for your respond so I'll send you the Bitcoin wallet you will send the $150 or PayPal details you will send the $150.

Thanks
Regarding
Then I was the one not replying and the lad got a bit mad:
The you receive the mail I sent you? Your immediate response is needed.

Thanks.
Regarding
What is going on?
(I was already writing a mail but he replied while I had written it)
Mr Mustache then said that he doesn't have enough time for this so he contacted his lawyer, Harry Potrer to do the transfer:
Hello Bar Sammy,
I'm sorry for my late reply, I did only check the emails at 12pm yesterday.
I still don't quite get what bitcoin is and how it works, I even watched some youtube videos about it. I had a paypal account but I fell for a scam some years ago where I lost a lot of money and closed it because of that.
Anyway, I called my bank advisor a few minutes and canceled the transfer. I don't have time to contact paypal to reopen my account but I called my lawyer Mr Harry Potrer and he will handle the transfer for me. He is currently on a business trip to France but is going to write you after his dinner.

Best regards,
The lawyer Harry Potrer (displayed in italic) then sent a mail to Sammy:

Attention Barrister Sammy False,
my client Mr. Joseph Mustache instructed me to send you 150 US dollars to release funds.
I happily would do that but normally I would need to analyze the type of funds first but I am currently in France away from my law firm.
So to save you and me some hassle, I would just need a bank account {Preferably some account located in Europe so I can do a SEPA Instant Transfer that will finish in 30 seconds} and some signed description or certificate of the funds. I can't access the law firm bank account from overseas but I bought a debit card at a french tobacco store and charged it with 2000€.
My client also allowed me to pay you double the amount (so 300$) to compensate for the required work.

Best regards,
Harry Potrer
Potrer Law
Lad replied to Mr Mustache explaining that he can only do the transaction:

Bitcoin is one of the first digital currencies to use peer-to-peer technology to facilitate instant payments. This is how to pay through Bitcoin search for any nearest Bitcoin ATM machine and if you got there told them you what to send Bitcoin and their will ask you for Bitcoin wallet you what to send the money and then I will send you Bitcoin wallet you will send the $150.

I don't what someone else to handle this transaction, even your lawyer. If you can't handle this transaction today, You have to keep it on Thursday when you can be chance so you will handle this transaction by yourselves. On Thursday when you will be chance I will send you Bitcoin wallet you will send the $150 and once I receive the $150 your own donation fund will be transferred to you immediately.

Thanks
Regarding
Dear Bar Sammy,
I can't go to such an ATM because I am driving in a bit to New Orleans to bring my dad back home early. I plan to drive the full 14 hours through with only a quick gas stop so I can arrive at Roswell at about Thursday evening with only 1 very quick stop too.
My lawyer got all the required permissions to handle the transaction legally, so it shouldn't be a problem. I also told him that he can transfer a bit more to calculate other costs required.

I forgot to say it last mail, but good recovery on REDACTED (Owner of bank account). I hope the virus didn't hit him too hard.

Best regards,

lakeside77

Post by lakeside77 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Sammy False
This scammer could not have chosen a more apt name!
I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert

zulu1001

Post by zulu1001 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I changed the name to make harder to find the topic.

Update:
The lad decided to change it's mail:
How are you doing today? I am sorry for my later reply, i was very busy. I am sorry your lawyer can not handle this transaction Mustache, Instruction give to us, only the rightful beneficiary can handle his or her transaction, we shouldn't accept any permissions from any lawyer or office. You are to transfer the fee to this account below today.

Bank name: REDACTED
Swift code: REDACTED
Payment details: business

When you are transferring the fee today fill the information exactly what I wrote here to avoid bank holding the fee again. Once you have transferred the fee send me the screenshot or payment receipt. He will soon be free from the virus. How is your Dad my greeting to him. I am having some issue with this my email ([email protected]) so I decided to use this my second email to wrote you.

Thanks
Regarding
I didn't reply for some time because the mail landed in the spamfilter:
What is going on? The you receive the mail I sent you?

Thanks.
Regarding

Why are you delaying me to transfer your own donation fund to you!! I have sent you several email no respond from you, what is going on? The you receive the new account details I sent you? I need your urgent respond to know if you have transferred the $150 to the new account I sent you. You're the one holding me to transfer your fund to you today.

How is your Dad you went to pick up? My regard to him. Get back to me once you receive this mail

Thanks
Regarding.
I made up a story then and got some of the details he forgot to send me:
Dear Sammy,
The drive to New Orleans was great although traffic was a bit high. At the drive back I got into an accident though. I got a bit injured but didn't need to go to a hospital. My car got broken though so I needed to stay in an hotel for that night.
Luckily my car is insured so I got a replacement car after a call the next day.
I was by the agent though for the house, I managed to reservate the house for 2 weeks.

Anyway, I am going to do the payment next Monday so that I can go to the bank directly (with mask of course) and do the transfer.

Best regards,
Dear Bar Sammy,
a thing I forgot to ask last mail: The SWIFT you sent me isn't looking as the one you sent from REDACTED. Also I need the address from REDACTED.
My dad is fine by the way I brought him home safely the accident happened while I was driving back home.

Best regards,

God grace is with you, I thank God the injury isn't much. The first bank account details I sent you and this second one isn't the same bank so their Swift code suppose to be different. This is the account details once again.

Swift code: REDACTED
Payment details: REDACTED
REDACTED

When you are transferring the fee fill the information exactly what I wrote here to avoid bank holding the fee again. I don't want anything that will cause delay again on this transaction. You can send the fee through Walmart to Walmart
(Inspired me for an Idea *moneygram*) with this information below.

Receive Name.. REDACTED

Address: REDACTED

Amount:$150

Once you send the fee forward me the payment slip. It will be more better to send the $150 through Walmart to Walmart as you want to go direct to bank. My regard to your Dad.

Thanks
Regarding.
Dear Bar Sammy,
the thing I was trying to say was that the SWIFT you sent me looks shorter than the ones I seen. Also the codes have always started with letters.
What is the address of the bank? I need that too to do a wire transfer. If the bank transfer will get locked up again, can we use something like Moneygram?

Best regards,

Just go and send the money through MoneyGram with that information.

Thanks
Regarding
Dear Bar Sammy,
I really want to use MoneyGram as a last resort so could you give me the bank address so I can do the transfer on Monday.

Best regards,

Swift code. REDACTED
ADDRESS IS REDACTED
Payment details: business

REDACTED address: REDACTED

Once you send the fee forward me the payment slip. It will be more better if you send the fee through MoneyGram.

Thanks
Regarding
Bar Sammy False.

Thanks

Good morning Dear Joseph Mustache

The you receive the bank details I sent you on Saturday? I what you to send the fee this morning so I will transfer your own donation fund to you this morning. Re-confirm me the bank details I sent before you will transfer the fee this morning.

Thanks
Regarding

Use this below information to send the fee through MoneyGram or Walmart to Walmart.

REDACTED

Once you send the fee this morning forward me the payment slip. I am waiting for your respond this morning so I will transfer your own donation fund to you .

Thanks
Regarding
Dear Bar Sammy,
I recieved all bank details you sent me and go to the bank after lunch.

Best regards,

Okay i will be waiting to receive the payment slip. It will be more better you send the fee through MoneyGram.

Thanks
Regarding
Then I got a MoneyGram receipt from the generator ScammingTheScammers has made (He did made the bot I try to get called by the lad too):
Dear Bar Sammy,
I went to the bank and they told me my account got frozen due to investigations. I do not understand what that stuff is all about!
But anyway, I went into the Walmart and was at the Moneygram thing. The agent gave me an receipt with a number where you can call to get the code.
I attached the scanned receipt. Let me know when you got the code.

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache
Currently the lad is denying calling the number:

I don't see any reason the agent that is working in MoneyGram will not release the reference number to you, Go back to the MoneyGram and order him or her to release the reference number to you immediately. I don't know him or her and I will not call anyone, get the reference number for me once you receive the mail. Stop delaying me to transfer your fund to you.

I urge your immediate response

Thanks
Regarding

I am still waiting for you to send me the reference number.

Thanks
Regarding
I went early to the MoneyGram and the cashier said that due to certain regulations it is only possible for the receipent (so Mr REDACTED) to retrieve the socalled MTCN by calling a number which will guide you to a fully automated process. He repeated that the process is fully automatic and the MTCN can only get retrieved by that way.
I cannot do something to get the reference number: Mr REDACTED needs to call that number otherwise he can't retrieve the number.
If he calls as soon as possible the 150$ should be ready to pickup.

Regards,

If you what to receive your fund get me the mtcn number. I will not call MoneyGram or Mr REDACTED.

Thanks
Regarding
Dear Bar Sammy.
as I already said, I CAN'T get the MTCN because of regulations in the US Patriot Act. Honestly I am quite pissed of why Mr REDACTED can't make the call to retrieve the MTCN after all that mess I done so far. My bank account even got frozen because of it!

You probably should also know about the Patriot Act and it's regulations. For which company or department do you work? I want to contact the head of the department.

Best regards,
Joseph Mustache