Creating a fake email account

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
MacGuffin
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Creating a fake email account

Post by MacGuffin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

I'm new here and am in the process of setting up an email account. I went to yahoo.com and entered in a fake name and phone number. The problem is that in order to activate the account they need to send a confirmation text to that number, meaning I'm going to have to give them a real one. Is there a problem with using my own number to set up the account? I don't plan on using the phone for scambaiting, and I'd rather not have to buy a disposable phone just to set up an email account.

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Creating a fake email account

Post by Bertje » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Welcome to Eater!

We do not recommend using ANY 'real' information related to your baiting endeavors.

You can find some sites online that provide free SMS telephone numbers where you can check incoming text with your browser. These might or might not work with Yahoo though.

I quite like GMX, which does not have SMS activation as far as I know.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

MacGuffin
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by MacGuffin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:59 am

Thanks! I didn't know about the free SMS sites. That's some useful information to know in general. :)
I tried setting up the account with yahoo, but it kept rejecting the website phone numbers. Then I tried GMX, and that worked. So thanks for that info too.
I used the name Ernie Pantusso. At first I was going to use Boston as my hometown, and make up a random name, but I waas a little concerned that it I'd happen to use one that belonged to a real person. I figure that even if there is someone with that name, the tv character would come up first if they ever tried to find an Ernie Pantusso in Boston; so they'd figure out it was fake and stop looking for a real person.

LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Try using mail.com or gmail.com or protonmail.com. No phone number verification required. I also log in with TOR browser to hide my IP.

I like mail.com, because you can create several email aliases with one account. All emails would come to the same box. It has many other features like auto-responder. You can use all of this to confuse and delay the scammer. :lol:

It also has cloud and office online viewer where you can safely view and upload attachments.

I do not recommend downloading attachments or opening links unless you are securely behind a VPN or using a Virtual machine.
- :twisted: -Pleased to sniff you - :twisted: -

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:02 pm

I do not recommend opening any links (from scammers), period!
(Unless you really know what you are doing, running a VM etc etc)
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

Rynok
Not quite a Newb

Post by Rynok » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:15 pm

I like both GMX.com and Protonmail.com whenever needing free disposable e-mails for any reason, including baiting.

And like Bertje said, I'd also recommend not clicking on any links sent by scammers. I'd also add not to download any attachments that they might send along. They might be harmless, but in this day and age you never know, so it's better to be safe than sorry.