FAKE BANKERS - ADVANCE FEE SCAMMERS

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb
FAKE BANKERS - ADVANCE FEE SCAMMERS

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Hello 419eaters,

Note sure where I should be posting this. Please feel free to move it and advise me. Last year, this scammer posing as a real life banker contacted me running an advanced fee scam. I played with them for weeks getting valuable info and reported their fake accounts. In the end, they called me out about sending them fake wire confirmations. I told them I knew it was a scam and cursed them out.

She seems to have forgotten our bitter ordeal. Her/his new introduction email is posted below:
-------- Original Message --------
On 24 Feb 2021, 2:19 pm, Judy Hsu < [email protected]> wrote:

Hi Dear,

Guess you are doing great today? I read through your LinkedIn profile and from my expertise view I discovered you well qualified for an opportunity I am open to share with you if you are interested.
Expecting your prompt response in due time.

Kindest regards,

Judy Hsu.

Regional Chief Executive Officer for ASEAN and South Asia (ASA)
Standard Chartered Bank.
Intro email
Intro email
fakebanker.jpeg (42.81 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
Hope you all can have some fun. I can provide active telephone numbers and their fake work emails for the whole lot.
Last edited by LordTicklefarts on Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- :twisted: -Pleased to sniff you - :twisted: -

LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb
Re: FAKE BANKERS - ADVANCE FEE SCAMS

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Off course when I asked about the offer the last time, this is the email i received:
On 12 Apr 2020, 2:53 am, Judy Hsu < [email protected]> wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks for your swift response.I will formally introduce myself to you because I had to disguise on my Linkedin profile for security reasons.My name is Judy Hsu and I currently work as Regional CEO, ASEAN & South Asia (Standard Chartered Bank). I am sorry to have encroached into your privacy in this manner, however without delays; I will immediately proceed with the details of the proposal as said in my introductory Email on LinkedIn.I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and also respect the integrity of the information that you are coming across as a result of this mail. I contacted you privately and as such no one is aware of this communication thus the reason why I had us communicate strictly via our private email.

I am the personal accountant to one (Late Mr Richard) a foreign contractor with China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) who has an investment account with my bank. Unfortunately, my client died along with his nuclear family in France while on sabbatical in the summer of 2009, may their soul rest in peace. He died without leaving a Will. Several efforts were made to find his extended family through his embassy without success.I received a notice last week to provide the next of kin of my late client been his personal accountant or the account risk been transferred to the government (es-cheat) in 14 days time. I am contacting you to assist me in repatriating the funds left behind by my late client.This claim will be executed without breaching any Hong Kong laws and success is guaranteed if we co-operate on this. The bank will release the account to you because my recommendation of you as the next of kin.

I am a religious woman and I cannot lie; I expect the same from you. The amount involved is $22,500,000 (Twenty Two Million United States Dollars). Now, I am prepared to give the necessary details to you as the closest surviving relation of our deceased customer (Richard). I am also proposing that after a successful execution of the business deal, the funds will be shared in the ratio 50/50. You will get 50% and I will be entitled to 50% as the initiator of the deal. You know that I must have done my home work already before contacting you. Although the project is capital intensive, I know I will be able to pull it through following proper banking and legal channels with your assistance at your end. I will tidy up the legal aspect with the assistance of a lawyer who will prepare all the documents that will be needed to transfer the money from Hong Kong to your country. Once more, I ask that if you find no interest in this project that you should discard this mail and forget I ever contacted you, I ask that you do not be vindictive and destructive; do not destroy my career and we know that Opportunities like this only comes once in a lifetime. I am a responsible career person and this is an opportunity for me to give my family the best in life. I would want you to think about this and let me know your decision. If you give me a positive response, I will give you the relevant INFORMATION for the successful transfer of these funds and we both enjoy it in peace.

I will give you all the necessary information about this deal when I get your response. I am contacting you to assist me because you have same surname/last name with my late client.I anticipate your cooperation. Treat this proposal with utmost confidentially and urgency for a 100% success.Do not take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed in you. My position as an Independent Non-Executive Director guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you find yourself able to work with me, I urge you to indicate to that effect. Once again, Do observe utmost confidentiality and be rest assured that this transaction would be profitable for both of us. For more information about me please visit: https://www.sc.com/en/people/judy-hsu/ . Please note that a quick response from you will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Judy Hsu.

I wonder if she cares to adjust the scam this time?

LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb
Re: FAKE BANKERS

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:04 pm

And then here it came:
On 12 Apr 2020, 7:07 pm, Judy Hsu < [email protected]> wrote:

Hello ,

I wish to acknowledge the receipt of your email in response to my proposal.I would like you to understand that I am a woman of social status therefore i will not involve myself in a transaction of this nature and magnitude if I have not done my assignment thoroughly. The funds are domiciled with my bank standard chartered bank HK. Late Mr Richard was a devoted contractor with CNOOC China and he made his money through construction and instrumentation services with the company. Presently the funds grew to $22.5m but due tot he fact that it has been with the bank for too many years the government has decided to request for a recall back. I would advice we take it a step at a time and should there be a reason for you to open an off shore account I will let you know. The funds will be wired to you account after fulfilling the necessary paper works. I have been working in the banking institution for a very long time and i do understand the modalities associated with banking ethics. In the banking sector, those that occupy key position always enjoy some benefits which people outside the banking world cannot imagine. Under the oath of employment, information of this nature which I have made available to you are meant to remain within the shores of the banking institution. An opportunity such as this does not come all the time but when it does, it is with all pleasure that it is being embraced by
whoever the opportunity is opened to, therefore one thing that is paramount in transactions like this is “TRUST and “TRANSPARENCY”

I would like to assure you that there will be no risk involved as my position in the bank guarantees this, thus, anything I say concerning the transaction in line with the laws/banking policies will be followed by the bank Executives. Before we can proceed further i will like you to understand that this transaction can be successful only if we work together and as such you are to adhere strictly to my instructions as all instructions that i will be giving to you subsequently will be in accordance/compliance with the laws/laid down rules to apply for the deceased's fund as the Next of Kin, In proceeding further, I want you to assure me that you will be honest during the transaction and as soon as the funds are transferred to you by the bank, we would share the money EQUALLY and PEACEFULLY either by meeting in
person or through bank to bank transfers. My personal instinct directed me to contact you and i sincerely hope it was not a wrong thing to do.

I shall direct you on the process to having the funds released; we shall start by sending a formal application to my Bank for the release of the said fund as the Next of Kin to the deceased. I will send you the text i.e the format for which you are to construct the application. Thereafter the bank will request from you the relevant back up documents to your claim according to the demand of our probate law for transfer of funds. Once you have provided the Bank with the required documents, they would be under legal obligation to transfer the funds to a designated account which will be provided by you. Upon this laid-down structure, there will be no form of

Risk or illegality in carrying out this proposal.It is important we have a mutual understanding because I know we will surely enjoy the benefits of this in no distant

time.

Kindly find below my full contact details in case of necessity:

1. Name: Judy Hsu
2. Occupation: Regional CEO, ASEAN & South Asia (Standard Chartered Bank)
3. Date of Birth: 25/09/1965
4. Religion: Christian
5. Marital Status: Married
6. Home Address: Zhongi 2nd Road, Tianxin District, Changshacity, Hunan Province, China

Sequel to the above content I really do hope you are someone I can trust to help achieve this. I will want you to immediately provide me with the following details of

you.

SECTION I

1. Your Complete Names

2. Your Address

3. Present Occupation and position

4. Marital Status

5. Age

6. Religion

7. Phone Number (Mobile and Landline)

8. A scan copy of any form of your identification (International passport or Driver’s License).

SECTION II

Please provide me with accurate answers to the following below:

Have you handled transaction of this tune before?
Have you had an international transaction(s) before?
Specifically, have you had any business transaction with an individual or company that resides in Hong Kong Before?

As soon as i hear from you with the required data above as well as receiving your reassurance that i can put my trust in you most especially when the funds has been released to you by the bank thus enabling us share the money in the ratio(50/50)as agreed, I will send you the Text of Application for you to contact my bank for the release of the funds in the account of (Mr Richard) to your account as his Next of Kin.

Endeavor to have all the requirements in (SECTION I and II) above sent to me immediately as i will have to key them into the deceased's account file so that it will be an easy go through with the bank's executives with respect to verification when they receive your application.

I await your swift response.

Regards,

Judy Hsu .
And from there the games began. I was a beautiful long bait over emails and telephone calls to her accomplice at 3am his time. He ultimately called me out.
I'm surprised they have returned.
Have fun!

LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb
Re: FAKE BANKERS - ADVANCE FEE SCAMMERS

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:07 pm

Another unrelated banker but it seems I have a lot of money opportunities here: :lol:
I responded to this one but he never followed up with this great opportunity. :cry:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 6:23 PM
To: Recipients <[email protected]>
Subject: TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER NOTICEddd

From The Desk of: Dr Charles Holliday Jr Bank of America.
Branch Offices New York
1680 Broadway, New York.
NY 10019, USA.
Vice Chairman on Investment Banking
Director, Credit Control Dept.

TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER NOTICE.

We are hereby officially notify you concerning your fund telegraphic Transfer through our bank, Bank of America, New York, to your bank account, which has been officially approved by the management of World Bank Swiss (WBS) to credit the sum of US$18.5 Million into your bank account.

Note that I have started processing your payment and every thing concerning the immediate remittance of your funds will be carried out within the shortest possible time from the time we received your? Below needed information.

Also be informed that the Governor of Bank in London (BL) will sign on your payment advice and a copy of the advice will be sent to the World Bank in Swiss for some record purposes. Meanwhile your information and your full contact details were received from our research manager, Barr.Paul Peterson on your behalf to FRB for immediate release of your fund

This fund was part of the lodged Late President Saddam Hussein of Iraq discovery fund with World Bank of Switzerland, which the Swiss Bank has decided to distribute it generously to help few lucky individuals and the American Government is in agreement with the Swiss Bank to distribute the fund to 700 hundred thousand people in America, Europe & Asia in other to help improve their businesses.

Therefore, reconfirm the aforesaid information accurately, because this office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or liable of any fund credited into an unknown account.

These are the information we needed to be reconfirmed by you.

1.Your Full Bank Account Details
2.Your Direct Cell or office phone to reach you 3.Your address of locations 4.Your full name

Finally, you are required to reconfirm directly to me the above information to enable me use it to process your bill of payment.

Your quick response shall be mostly appreciated; all your response should be directed through our alternative email address for the immediate attention of the credit control department.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr Charles Holliday Jr..
Vice Chairman, Director, Credit /Telex Department.

LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb

Post by LordTicklefarts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Update:

Standard Chartered banker, Wai See is back on the hook. :P :lol:

bobdemol
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 30 Dec 2008

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bobdemol » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 am

I told them I knew it was a scam and cursed them out.
Never burn a lad - that is: letting them know they're scammers ;-)
yOU WICKED AND EVIL MAN,PERISH TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG - Obinna

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
🐧 :goat: :flag_ng: :flag_gh: 📱 🐷 📺 Safaris: Linos: Togo-Benin // Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
//: Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm

^^ What he said.

BTW: Welcome to Eater. Please take a little time to read the rules (see my sig)

Also, the Help forum is a good resource. For example, this post is really informative :p
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

Rynok
Not quite a Newb

Post by Rynok » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm

I've had something similar happen to me, though. Originally, I'd played along with just such a scam (with scammers claiming to be the chairman and CEO of a bank, and after a quick Internet search I found that there was an actual bank by that name with an individual with that name listed as chairman and CEO, though of course multiple warnings came up from several sites, including ScamWarners, alerting people to the fact that there was an e-mail scam going on - since at least 2018 from what I can find - from individuals impersonating said individual and financial institution). I did waste the time of the scamers from my own e-mail for a while before telling them I knew they were scammers (and in my defense, I can only say that this was before I found this site and read about not using your own e-mail account or "educating" scammers).

Ironically, a few months later, I was contacted again by the same scammers at the same e-mail address, so (since I now knew better about how to handle such things) switched over to a fake account and started playing along, this time without alerting them to who I was, and have actually gotten a couple of bank accounts that have been reported in here. (It's still going on, though at the moment I've claimed to have had my bank send the money to the second bank account, and we're kind of at the point of them saying that the money hasn't arrived yet, and we're doing a bit of back-and-forth "The problem isn't on my end - are you sure the problem isn't on your end?" In a few days I'll probably ask for a different account number on the basis of "Well, the one you gave me doesn't seem to be working...")

(As a side note, I believe that this is one of those cases where there are actually several people working together behind the single overal "fake" version of the real chairman/CEO, since some of the e-mails I've gotten seem rather...well, not very well coordinated, if that makes sense. Besides not seeming to remember that I'd originally called them out, as an example, there was also a point not too long after I'd reported in the first bank account that I got several e-mails (and unprompted on my part to boot!) in rapid succession (and from both the original e-mail and another e-mail that I was in contact with where I would supposedly be talking to people who would help me set up the appropriate stuff) telling me to not use the original account and to use a different account instead.)