Advanced-fee Scam Against Cancer Patients

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
odinani
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Advanced-fee Scam Against Cancer Patients

Post by odinani » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:07 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new, and I'm over the moon to discover this website exists. I normally simply block scammers, but this one made me angry because these particular scammers repeatedly comment on posts in which we are asking for help with a friend's cancer fund. They say they will help if you email them, but when you email them, they ask for a "refundable fee" first.

I won't go into all my personal problems, but I cannot presently bait them myself and was hoping to pass on their contact information to any interested baiters. If there is a particular procedure for posting their contact information, please let me know, as I did not see it in the rules. Thank you!

Aryn

P.S. Because I am new, I am blocked from sending a PM to an admin, but I would like to change my username to aryn. Thank you.

TentacleTherapist
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Re: Advanced-fee Scam Against Cancer Patients

Post by TentacleTherapist » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:28 am

Wow that is completely wretched and unconscionable, even by scammer standards.
I'm still a new baby baiter, but I'm fairly certain that posting a scammer's contact information is permitted. But if you'd like to play it on the safe side, please PM me their details. I don't know if I will be able to hook them, being quite young in my baiting career, but I'll certainly do my best.
And absolutely post it on [Removed - B8er] if you haven't yet. They have a lot of great resources for helping scam victims, and also have a board dedicated to posting new scams for baiters and educating victims alike.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Advanced-fee Scam Against Cancer Patients

Post by B8er » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:06 am

Please take some time to read the forum rules, in particular those about necro'ing old topics. The OP hasn't returned since he made his original post, so it is unlikely that he will be back now.
Please avoid thread necromancy (that is: posting in a thread that has been inactive for several weeks). Old threads have usually little relevance, anymore. Also, members that posted in it may no longer be around. If you want to bring up an old discussion because you have something of value to add, post a new thread and put a link to the old thread. Then, people do not have to read through all the old posts to see what is new.
Also, please do not link to random sites (the domain that you linked to doesn't even have a working website), victims looking for assistance or to spread the word about scams can visit our sister site scamwarners.com.
👅🌺🌋😅