Is mail.com safe?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Sigma2003
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Is mail.com safe?

Post by Sigma2003 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:36 am

Hey, I am trying to get into scambaiting but I was afraid that my IP could get exposed. Is Mail.com safe for scambaiting?

Thank you for your time.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Is mail.com safe?

Post by B8er » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:08 am

Any email address is safe for baiting if you bait safely.

Mail.com may well reveal your IP address, but that's not a problem unless you are planning on baiting from work or college/university where a static IP may reveal details of the company/university. If you are baiting from home then your IP address will at best show the details of your ISP and at best the town that you are in.

Providing you don't reveal any real life details of yourself then at worst you may lose a bait if you are claiming to be in a different country and a lad checks.

If you are using a static ip that shows personal details of you/your employer then Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook all hide IP addresses.
👅🌺🌋😅

rtobyr
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Re: Is mail.com safe?

Post by rtobyr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:20 pm

No. Dude, I've recently spent about 2 hours wasting a scammer's time. He claims to be from the United States Federal Trade Commission. Dude, why is his email @mail.com? It ought to be from ftc.gov. Mail.com is a safe platform to email friends and family. If you get a mail.com email wanting you to pay $2,000 in order to get a lost prize of $2.5 million that the US Treasury is holding, and then the IRS will pay you, then that's a scammer. If you know what you are doing, then fuck with him as long as possible. That wastes his time. While he's engaged with you he is not scamming an elderly woman out of her savings account.