Sending low-quality IDs

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
edward
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Sending low-quality IDs

Post by edward » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Hello there, new user here with a question. I just read about the rule of not sending fake IDs to scammers, which made me wonder: is it ok to send images that are low-quality to the point of being unreadable? It makes sense to me, because I don't think they can be used against victims. But, I just want to be sure, since I've already done this.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Sending low-quality IDs

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:02 am

Hi Edward,

Basically we don't want to send a scammer anything that could possibly be used in a scam, even if it's a joke image. However, sending an unreadable, highly pixelated, or half-blank image with no meaningful info is fine. If it's a huge terrible/blank image that could eat up a lot of data or space on a phone, even better! If you have photoshop skills you can make it look like an image was not scanned properly, or you can even send a large blank file with an incorrect extension and when the lad complains, you can tell him it's his computer's fault (or phone or whatever.)

Let us know how it's going! 8-)
~Kitty
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

edward
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by edward » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:07 am

Thanks for the reply!
Everything has been going quite well so far. Sending a low-quality image seemed to seriously demotivate the scammer, as can be seen from his reply:
I cant be able to see the names on this passport , but why is it hard
for you to write your full names and address as I have stated to you
why ???
This allowed me to get away with only providing a name and address, while he was previously asking for more information.

Rynok
Not quite a Newb

Post by Rynok » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:04 pm

I also like the advice posted in the "* FAKE PASSPORTS AND IDS *" thread (near the top of the Main Scambaiting Forum).

I also use the following site (that was recommended to me here) to create various fake documents (the "files" don't actually contain anything at all):

https://www.fakefilegenerator.com/generate-file.php

If they try to complain about not being able to access it, you can take one of two routes:

#1: You just maintain that the problem is on their end, not yours.

#2: You say that you're older and don't really understand "all this newfangled tech," then apologize and promptly send them another dud attachment.

dr stephen williams
Master of Master Baiters

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by dr stephen williams » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 am

I like to ignore their request and dangle something in front of them, especially money or sex or both. If I send them something, I would send them mypassport.jpeg, which is merely underlined text in blue. Lads can click on that until they get carpal tunnel syndrome and ain't nothing happening. As KLG suggests, blame their equipment if/when they complain. "Oh, you have an IPhone, but its not an iPhone 12? Just go get a 12 and it will open" or "Oh, you use Windows? Thats the problem. Get a Mac..." but do not dwell on it, and continue with them. They have a script to follow and in the early stages, getting them to move past their "need" for ID and onto their "need" to get paid is not overly difficult.
:pith: x10 Acra-Ctnu Tgo-Pnjari Lgos-Ctnu Lgos-Ynde Lgos-Mndmba Lgs-Prku PrtHrcrt-Abche Lgos-Nttngu Bmko-Ctnu (wDQ) Frnce-Dbln :vcamera: (wPadme)
:gld_pith: x2 :pith: x7 :skull: :tattoo: x7 :$_lad: :mortar: :vcamera: :sandtimer: x6 :badge: Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
:gld_pith: :pith: x2 :skull: :tattoo: x6 :vcamera: :sandtimer: x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
:pith: Lgos-Dkr-Rsso :sandtimer: x3 :vcamera: :tattoo: x2(wKLG)
:pith: x22 SS :sandtimer: x3 :flag_uk: :flag_us: :flag_ng: x303 : :$_lad: :$_crd: :pyramid: :mortar:
:nn_pinkcar::buns::pony: :whip: :mcfry: :jboot: