Site Killing

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
PoisonValentine
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Site Killing

Post by PoisonValentine » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:25 pm

I used to be on the old forum long ago, got burned out, and recently made my way back, so forgive me if I'm being dense. I remember that there used to be subforums for site killing. Is that still a thing we can do, or is it gone the way of the dinosaurs?

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Site Killing

Post by sparky905 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 pm

I am not sure of the reasons, but we don't do site killing anymore.
🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇬🇭 🇨🇮 🇹🇷 🇦🇺 🇩🇪 🇨🇦 🇰🇭 🇳🇬 🇦🇪 🇸🇦 🇨🇳 X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:35 am

From the old forum:
Eater has long cooperated with www.aa419.org. After vetting, sites posted in the Fake Bank Forum would be added to their database. Eater's "Site Killers" subsequently reported to the hoster/registrar of the website in an attempt to have the account shuttered.

The copying of sites and information from Eater to the database was done manually by "Keyholders" - those authorized by aa419. Regrettably, there are no longer Eater members actively acting as Keyholders. This means sites posted in the Fake Bank Forum simply reside there, available to signed in members of Eater only.

It is much more effective from a victim warning perspective to post fraudulent websites at Scamwarners, where they are indexed by search engines. We encourage you to post any fake site you find there. Just like with any post at Scamwarners, evidence needs to be provided. This will help possible victims searching for details. Additionally, attempts may be made to shut these sites down using the fraudulent details posted.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

PoisonValentine
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by PoisonValentine » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:50 am

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

pete515
419 Eater is My Life
User Icons

Post by pete515 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Also if you technically inclined you can normally find which company are actually hosting the web site from the domain name. Go to the hosting main page and you can usually find a link/email to report abuse. Not for the faint hearted but often works as the scammer is using a free hosting option and the hosting company doesn’t get any revenue from hosting the site.
Easter 2015Closed lad accounts LOTS
Safari David Mark - Lagos/Yankari SSC
Sand Timer David Mark -3 years
Sand Timer Simon Dormoo - 1 year+, a standard 419er who became my love lad
United States x2 ME Foundation Home, Bank of Afrique

Palmergeddon
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 23 Dec 2017

User Icons

Post by Palmergeddon » Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 am

pete515 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:26 pm ...is using a free hosting option and the hosting company doesn’t get any revenue from hosting the site.
This is not true for the vast majority of cases. They pay just like the rest of us would. From what I've seen in the past, free hosters are the ones less likely to actually take the site offline.

Also, killing at the host level should be avoided where possible for details I won't go into on a public forum - there are better ways of doing it.
"I knew it you are just a bloody jokes"
:pig2: x 175-ish // :lock: // :trophy: // :mortar_board:
:flag_gb::flag_us::thailand::flag_gr::flag_ch::flag_bj::flag_at::flag_il::flag_es::flag_tg::flag_ae::flag_au: x lots