First time getting this far! Thoughts on my work?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
FunctionFour
Hello, I'm Looking Around
First time getting this far! Thoughts on my work?

Post by FunctionFour » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Edit: I've replaced all mentions of my character's name with the appropriate initials

So I replied to this email from scarmwarners.com: https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... 7&t=205435
Seems like a pretty enticing offer. Let's find out more.

Hello Sir

I am interested in your business offer. Please tell me more

Yours sincerely
JT

Attention: JT.

I am in receipt of your piece, the response to our USD 31 million proposal.
Please, before we pass very sensitive information/documents, let me give you a few tips about how we intend to proceed, and if it soothes you, we'll commence.

1. This transaction will be executed as a contract payment.
2. It requires registering our partner with the Department of Petroleum Resources,( DPR) as a contractor, and registering
your Business Name, "Accent Engineering Consultants" with our Corporate Affairs Commission, (CAC) as a registered business name in this country.
3. It equally requires paying Vat/Tax @7.5% for the principal sum of USD 31 million, but we'll go for a Vat/Tax waiver which will cost far less.
4. Our company's lawyer, because of his percentage cut, will produce and backdate these documents, without attorney fees but we'll pay
the state cost of acquiring them.
5. We need a partner that will assist us in paying some of these execution costs, as we go through the process.
6. Finally, apart from the Vat/Tax waiver, where we intend to spend more, registrations and approvals won't pose any problems since they are inside processes.

Meanwhile, forward the following information as stated hereunder, in your reply, if you choose to work with us:

(1) Your Full Name, and contact address.
(2) Your Direct Mobile Line.
(3) Your occupation, and company name if any.
(4) Your Full Banking Details Where the funds will be transferred into.

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.
Head Upstream Monitoring & Regulation.
Department of Petroleum Resources; DPR.
Phone: NG: +234 902 339 1670. UK: +44 705 386 4765.

Let's get past the templated responses ASAP

Dear Mr. Enoronse Amadasu,

Thank you for your email. I am very grateful. This is a very exciting offer. I have some questions. Will you be able to answer them?

JT

Why ask a question in one email, when you can spread it out over two?

Please ask your question, if they are in line with this transaction.

Sincerely.
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

Clearly he isn't too pleased to be off script and spending extra time on me. We'll work on that later.

Mr. Enronse Amadasu

Why is the VAT/Tax only 7.5%? I am a millionaire so I pay 40% tax. Is this a mistake? Can you please confirm the tax amount.

JT

This is the first time I've attempted the millionaire ploy. My hope is that he will be less likely to drop the scam, and will spend far more time and effort on me (and less on other victims). Also, I know he mentioned a tax waiver, so this is irrelevant to both of us, but I thought I'd like to see how he'd react.

That's the way it is in this country; was increased recently from 5%, to the present 7.5%. We will go for Vat/Tax waiver through kickback, and that will never cost up to USD500,000.00. Well, we are lucky to have a millionaire as our partner, you will take us through a better investment. Yes, vat/tax, is 7.5%.

Stay safe.

Sincerely.
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

So a couple of things to note here:
  • He has added the line 'Attention JT' to the start of the email. This will continue for the next few.
  • He has added the line 'stay safe' to the end of the email.
  • It appears that he believes that I am a millionaire and is nonchalantly complimenting me. (I like to think he did a little dance in real life).
Conclusion: he's hooked

I see. That is very strange that your country does it that way. I wonder if there are any other differences between our countries. What do you think?

I don't think there could be much differences in the area of policies, but tax rates from other countries are always different from that of Africa.
Now, what's the way forward, are we going to commence with this transaction, or you are out? Let me know your take immediately because time is money.

We appreciate you/

Sincerely,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

I see. That is very strange that your country does it that way. I wonder if there are any other differences between our countries. What do you think?

Clearly he's trying to bring me back on track. No reason to allow that.

What do you mean time is money? That doesn't make sense at all

And what do you mean it doesn't make sense, Mr. T?
Is either we're progressing, or not. This transaction is very important to us, and should be the same to our partner. Please, let's get started, if you are really keen to get this solved with us.

Stay blessed.

Regards,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

So it looks like the first cracks in his patience are showing through. On the one hand, this is a wonderful feeling. On the other hand, I'm not nearly done with this lad yet, so we need to bring him back in line.

I don't understand you. In fact, sir, I am quite unhappy that you keep ignoring my questions as if you don't respect me. I am an elderly business man so I know what I am doing. This transaction can be very profitable for both of us but first you need to stop being rude

J

I've deliberately left out the greeting here to drive home my impatience. I feel that this short email achieves several things: first, we establish a dominant position in the relationship, making it easier to dictate pace (slow) and flow (bad) of the conversation. Second, we tell him my character is elderly, helping us to keep a slow pace. Third, we demonstrate that we have a very low threshold for rudeness, which will make him tread carefully and slowly in the future. Finally, we remind him that we are still highly interested in his deal, which should hopefully prevent him dropping us out of frustration. Let's see his response.

Dear Mr. T,

I am truly surprised of the very way you thought I've disrespected you, maybe we haven't really understood each other deeply; still early, I guess.

Honestly, because you haven't complained, my guess was that I've answered your questions correctly. You talked about the Vat/Tax, and I explained that it used to be 5, but was raised recently to 7.5%. I also added that policies may vary but tax in Africa, is better than that of the West, and Europe, because we are very blessed down here but our leaders lack what it takes to make us live better. The other differences, like I stated in that piece, will be in the area of policies, and execution which is different from what we observe in other countries.

Another thing I think unsettled you, was my response to your, "IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE" Most times, when I don't really understand why things does not make sense to people, I throw the question at them to know why. That's what happened and my response was to know why.

Meanwhile, I never doubted your seriousness from day one, and this is the truth. Only an unserious person will engage in a transaction of this nature, without asking question, If you think I've been rude in any way, please accept my unreserved apology, and keep correcting me because I am human, and not perfect. I truly want to work with you because I'm equally looking at possibly investing my share with an elderly experienced person like you. Honestly, I loved the way you spoke out, that's what fathers do, and I thank you for that.

May God bless and give you more healthy years ahead.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

Perfect.
If nothing else, we can tell just from the greeting and signoff that he is making a determined effort to be respectful. Other things to note here:
  • He seems to be indicating that he is willing to stick it out for the long haul ("still early, I guess)
  • He is taking a very long time to explain several of his previous emails. Clearly he's spent time going back to read them all, then carefully rafting a response to pacify me. He's even added more to his answer to a question from 6 emails ago. Talk about return on investment.
  • He is telling me that he knows I am serious (true), and that he is glad that I am asking questions (false). He's even invited me to keep correcting him. I will Enronse. I will

All-in-all an excellent response.

Dear Mr Enoronse Amadasu,

Thank you for your unreserved apology. I now see that you are a serious businessman like me. I am very sorry to hear about your leaders. Surely it is their job to make your lives better. What do you think your leaders should do to help you?

J

Because of the last round of emails, we can be fairly confident he will answer this question without protest.

Dear Mr. T,

Our leaders should secure the country from bandits, and Boko Haram Islamic Jihadist. No country succeeds without a better security system in place. Secondly, they must create jobs for the masses, and put a better salary structure in place. Finally, they should leave politics for the upcoming younger people, and retire these old corrupt politicians who does not want to leave power.

I equally thank you for accepting my apology, and do hope see a better corporation henceforth.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

Another well thought out, time-consuming response. We have him very much on the back foot. No mention whatsoever of the scam.

Dear amr Enronse Amadasu,

This is very insightful and intelligent. I can see that you are a wise man. I did not know that Jihadists are such a problem in your country. Have you ever encountered any yourself? Are they a big problem?

J

My intention here is to draw him into a conversation about religion, since his previous email makes me think he likely a bigot. On the one hand, this is surely an effective way to waste his time. On the other hand, I am not sure about the morality of fuelling this sort of opinion. Thoughts?

Not really, I haven't encountered Jihadists myself, but have lost a very close friend, a clergy, to those die hard Jihadists last year.. I believe that they are a big problem because government, and our corrupt military, seem to have lost the war to a more coordinated set of determined group.

Mr. T, are you truly interested in partnering with us through this project?

Let me know in your reply.

Sincerely,
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

We are back to the old 'Attention: JT' greeting. A shame to be sure, but not a huge loss. Also, he's regained enough confidence to try to bring me back to the scam. I would have preferred to go back and forth a bit longer without mentioning the scam but that's fine... I have a plan.

Dear Mr Enronse Amadasu,

I am deeply saddened to hear that you lost your friend last year. We must protect religious freedom at all costs. These Jihadists would take that freedom away from us.

I have been in contact with some of my business partners here in the UK and we have agreed that something must be done. We would like to set up a charity to help your country. Since I have come to trust you, I would like you to be the head of this charity. We will send you money and you can decide how to spend it, in order to best serve your country. I have some ideas about things that might help, but in the end it is up to you, as you are the one who knows best.

My first suggestion would be to set up a social media presence, by which the good people of your country can report when the police are being corrupt and not doing their job. This would be extremely helpful for many reasons. Firstly, the people of your country will come together as a community which will make them stronger. They can support each other emotionally when these terrible things happen. Secondly, it will make the police and politicians think twice before commiting acts of corruption. Finally, it will make criminals think twice a out commiting crimes because they know they cannot hide from all the people of Nigeria. A close community is the strongest force in the world.

My second suggestion would be to run for political office yourself. The best thing you can do to serve your country is to become a leader. The obvious problem here is that political campaigns are expensive. This is not a problem. We will send you more money at a later date to cover the cost of your campaign, if you choose to run for office.

If you have any thoughts on these suggestions, please let me know. Take some time to talk to your colleagues in your business and think about ways you can use the money I will send to you. The best way for us to move forward with this proposal is to discuss between us the most effective ways to help your country. Two heads are better than one, after all.

Yours sincerely
JT

P.S. I will be taking some time away from the office this weekend to play golf with my friends. This means I may be unable to reply quickly to your emails.

This is, by far, the longest email I've sent to a lad, and I'm pretty happy with it. We get to take him away from his original plan entirely and install myself in the driver's seat. We've given him 100% confidence that I am serious, and we've turned his whole face green with greed. Clearly this email sets us up for some long, detailed emails from both parties. I also hope that, if this lad is part of a team, this email may prompt him to bring other members into his thinktank. As a side note, this email may set us up for some nice little jabs about criminals and scammers.

Dear JT.

I must tell you that God's hand is in this one.
I really want to thank you for trusting me, and promise you'll never find me wanting. Though we have not met, something always tells me that you, and I, have a great thing to do. I don't know how to respond to your proposal right now, but I'm believing, and want to commence with the social media process immediately, for my people's freedom. I must be honest with you, Mr. T, I am doing this project just to raise money to run a political office with whatever will be my share because my people are being killed in their hundreds daily, and no one cares.

Like you suggested, I'm equally going to set up a social media presence, and name it; "CLOSE COMMUNITY" I am not reach, nor a millionaire, Mr. T, but people respect me because I tell the truth and hate injustice. I've been thinking of how to raise funds to take up this mantle, and I believe the MIGHTY JEHOVA, is giving me the breakthrough in a clean way. Please, let us continue to discuss, as you suggested, the most effective way to help our people. I will discuss this with a few of my club members tomorrow. Meanwhile, take your time, and enjoy your weekend with your friends; and commune with me when you are free. Can I call you sometimes?

Please, stay safe.

Yours sincerely.
Mr. Enoronse Amadasu.

So this gets us up to speed. We have him wrapped around our little finger. I plan on asking him in the future for some project proposals in the form of posters or slideshows. Other than that, I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. What does everyone think?

P.S. I don't plan on speaking to him on the phone at any point.
Last edited by FunctionFour on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: First time getting this far! Thoughts on my work?

Post by Bertje » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:21 am

Great work!

Setting up a charity takes a lot of work.

Let him make detailed list of the inventory/it that is needed.

Have him look for appropriate office space. Pictures required (preferably with him holding up a sign with the name of the charity)

Will he recruit volunteers? A team picture please!

As your friend will run the charity for you he will have to look the part. A nice business suit is required. Pics please! If the suit is not to your liking, have him take some "vitruvian man" pictures so your tailor can make him a suit ((your tailor uses high tech Biometric software that can extract exact measurements from the picture)
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Good start and a fair analysis. This lad looks like he will want to do some work.

One note, and this is more on the details being shared: You may want to edit out names, addresses, and phone numbers. If and when the lad becomes suspicious of your character and starts Googling, guess where the results will lead.
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

FunctionFour
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by FunctionFour » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:25 pm

bertje this is incredible. Will definitely do these.

bware419er ah that makes sense I'll remember that in the future

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Editing names is really important. I just googled some of my characters and was led straight here.
Just spent 10 mins changing them.
How long does it take for google to 'refresh' and not find them?

bobdemol
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 30 Dec 2008

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bobdemol » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:44 am

^^ Chances are that they remain your browser's cache for a while. Clearing your browser's cache may indicate whether your character names lead to this site.
yOU WICKED AND EVIL MAN,PERISH TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG - Obinna

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
🐧 :goat: :flag_ng: :flag_gh: 📱 🐷 📺 Safaris: Linos: Togo-Benin // Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
//: Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)