How long can you keep a scammer engaged?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
LawrenceM
Hello, I'm Looking Around
How long can you keep a scammer engaged?

Post by LawrenceM » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:30 am

I am new here. I've only done scambaiting a few times, with varying levels of success.

Does anyone hold a record of sorts?

How long have you kept a scammer engaged in your communications?

It could be measured by length of time, i.e., the number of days or weeks that you maintained communication. Or it could be measured by the number of e-mail messages. But if you use e-mail messages as a measurement tool, you would need to specify whether you are counting just messages from the scammer, or both incoming and outgoing messages. The number of messages from the scammer is probably a more useful data point. In other words, how many times did you get him to respond before he figured out (or you revealed) that you knew it was a scam?

LM

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: How long can you keep a scammer engaged?

Post by Bertje » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:57 am

I'm not sure if I agree that the amount of communications is THE definitive measure .

there are baiters that have had lads on the hook for years and years and those baits are still going.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

LawrenceM
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by LawrenceM » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am

<removed unnecessary full quote of above message - bertje>

For years with the samescammer? That would be really impressive...

I'm working one right now where I have received about 25 messages from the scammer, over the course of about 30 days. I think this is the longest I have ever kept one going.

LM

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:33 am

That would be really impressive...
Yes, yes it is!

Great job on keeping the scammer on the hook for a month! I'm sure you can make it two :!: If you manage to make it to a year, you can add that nice Image to your profile!
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:47 am

Hector's bait went on for nine years, but that did involve different baiters. I think Kitty La Gore has a lad with 5+ years, currently.

I'm not sure I would qualify "messages," either as a number of baiters engage with the lads via chat or text, so that's a high number of exchanges to begin.
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:27 am

^^ Just passed our 7 year anniversary in May with the same two original characters (his and mine) although I have about five other characters I've brought in along the way, and he's brought in two others. Even so, the original characters still send love letters to each other on a weekly basis. I get at least one note from him per day to at least two of my characters. We've also spoken on the phone several times, although I played two different people in the calls. Also, during one of the calls I was suddenly kidnapped and taken away screaming by my assailants, and he quietly cursed and hung up the phone, at which point I and the "assailants" burst into laughter.

Good times.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff