hostgoodies.com Sent Full Text of Report to Scammer?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
emsjeep
Hello, I'm Looking Around

User Icons

hostgoodies.com Sent Full Text of Report to Scammer?

Post by emsjeep » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:18 pm

Got lazy and used the same persona to communicate with the scammer and to report him to his host and the host sent him the full text of my complaint with e-mail. Is this typical? Something up with hostgoodies.com, are they legitimate?
"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

-"you behave like some one that doesnt know he left from his right....sorry for that, but its the fact"
-"I spoke with the my friend at the bank and its like they are having some technical problems." (~17 of his Sites Killed).

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Re: hostgoodies.com Sent Full Text of Report to Scammer?

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Welcome to 419Eater
I've never heard of an email provider that isn't legitimate. But while reporting scammers may seem a good idea, it isn't and we never do. We don't educate scammers, and here you've inadvertently indirectly told the scammer how he's betrayed himself.
They're easily replaced, and if closed could mess up someone else's bait. It may have been listed at Scamwarners to warn others, and we've lost that advantage.
Never mind. No real harm done and don't worry about it. But if you haven't read the various hints and tips, please do so. And if you are uncertain about something, ask for advice first.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

emsjeep

User Icons

Post by emsjeep » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:13 pm

I don't think you understood my post.

I reported his fake website to the domain registrar/host and the hosting company sent him the full text of the complaint including the name and e-mail address of the person submitting the report.

-"you behave like some one that doesnt know he left from his right....sorry for that, but its the fact"
-"I spoke with the my friend at the bank and its like they are having some technical problems." (~17 of his Sites Killed).

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:45 pm

So I did. Sorry. Reporting fake sites is good. Any host should be able to spot a fake site even without your evidence. It does seem odd to me. On the other hand, they could have simply ignored your complaint.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 am

I used to report bogus sites, but never had a host send the complaint to the scammer. Tho I did have a dedicated email address I used specifically for site reporting when Eater used to do that kind of work just in case my email ended up in a report (didn't want my baiting email to end up out there).

Sorry that happened to you. That sucks. I hope it didn't wipe out your baiting addy in the process? I used to work in web tech, and received numerous intellectual property related cease & desists on our domains and subdomains that we hosted onsite (ah the 90s), but never once did I know who sent in the complaint. I was the tech contact listed on - gosh, I dunno, 20 active domains at any given time? - but ICANN or anyone else never sent an original complaint email to me. (And for the record, I ran a tight ship and pounced on anyone who dared put a toe over our TOS.) I know that's not quite the same as your situation, but I'm sad they did that.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm

I've just looked at their website, but can't find a physical address. But
Do you want to speak with someone to get your issues resolved? Our support team is always ready to answer. Call us on: 0816 878 4699
What international business quotes a phone number without a country code? Pricing plans costed in naira (Nigeria).
WHOIS shows just about everything redacted for privacy.

Add that to the host forwarding your complaint to the scammer, I see little point in trying to have the fake site closed. I'd like a look at it though if you care to PM me the address.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by B8er » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Where do they claim to be an international business? Plenty of hosting companies operate just in their local markets and quote phone numbers and prices in local formats.

Also many domain Registrars opted to redact all registrants info regardless of location when GDPR and other privacy laws came in rather than trying to put logic in place to decide when they were allowed to show it and when they weren't.

They've been registered for over 10 years, which would be a long time for a fake host to exist.
๐Ÿ‘…๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒ‹๐Ÿ˜…

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm

I'm not saying it's fake. It's clearly a web host. But if it only operates in Nigeria, and copies complaints to someone operating a fake site something new to Kitty, alarm bells are ringing for me. Fake sites are obvious when you know what to look for. And if there are the linked spam emals.

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by B8er » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:58 pm

It may be new to Kitty, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

There was a reason why we used to recommend that site killers set up a specific email address for their site killing and I can recall at least one other site killer who had their email forwarded to the site owner.

Even some of the larg US hosts will hide behind the law and do nothing about clearly fake sites.
๐Ÿ‘…๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒ‹๐Ÿ˜…

emsjeep

User Icons

Post by emsjeep » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:34 pm

Mr Tambourine Man wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm I've just looked at their website, but can't find a physical address. But
Do you want to speak with someone to get your issues resolved? Our support team is always ready to answer. Call us on: 0816 878 4699
What international business quotes a phone number without a country code? Pricing plans costed in naira (Nigeria).
WHOIS shows just about everything redacted for privacy.

Add that to the host forwarding your complaint to the scammer, I see little point in trying to have the fake site closed. I'd like a look at it though if you care to PM me the address.
PM'd you the site, it and it's prior version at a substantially similar address were both shut down. The first kill was via the name registrar (publicdomainregistry) their support was super helpful, they then pulled the other domain from PDR to hostgoodies.com I believe.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:31 pm

I had a site shut down last week, and had to agree to a copy of my complaint being sent to the reseller, who was given five days to respond or the fake would be suspended. Which it was. As the seller seemed to have taken no notice, and his details were redacted for privacy reasons on WHOIS, I wonder if he's involved in the scam. I've identified a couple of dozen more near Identical fake Forex sites