Twitter Cash App Giveaway Scams

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Potluck Gamble
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Twitter Cash App Giveaway Scams

Post by Potluck Gamble » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 pm

My girlfriend was just caught up in a scam where someone was posing as cash giveaway for COVID-19 relief, played out just like the old Nigerian Prince, she paid the first fee that came through before I knew it but I managed to stop it there. Twitter handle is (redacted - Padme) if anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed from here

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Re: Twitter Cash App Giveaway Scams

Post by Padme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

I am sorry to hear that your girlfriend was scammed. I've removed the twitter profile link because we do not allow the posting of any profiles/links/etc. here without proof of the scam. If you feel comfortable, please consider posting the details of the scam, including proof (screen shots of where your girlfriend is asked for money, etc.) to our sister site for scam victims, scamwarners.com Doing so may prevent others from being scammed as victims often search the names/profiles of scammers when they get suspicious.

Now, to answer your question. I looked at the profile in question and it appears to be a typical cashapp scam that is, sadly, prevalent on twitter these days. This scammer can be based anywhere in the world and cashapp transfers are immediate so the chances of recovering your money or learning the identity of this person are next to nothing. The best thing to do at this point is to block the criminal on all social media. Also, be aware, 99.99% of giveaways on twitter are scams. No one on the street offered you money today, right? Likewise, no one twitter is doing this.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? ☠️Accra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu ☯x6 GoldPith , 🎩x2⌛️
Amos ☠️🛡️🎩 Akure>Kano ⌛️
Godwin 2015-? ☠️🛡️🎩x8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomé/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail ⌛️
🎩's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. 🍟🐐 🎓🎅🏻🎥

Potluck Gamble
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by Potluck Gamble » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Will do, thanks for the info, have an awesome day

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Post by Padme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 pm

You also. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? ☠️Accra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu ☯x6 GoldPith , 🎩x2⌛️
Amos ☠️🛡️🎩 Akure>Kano ⌛️
Godwin 2015-? ☠️🛡️🎩x8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomé/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail ⌛️
🎩's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. 🍟🐐 🎓🎅🏻🎥