Have we ever had an ex-lad as a member (and on our side)?

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Snowy_owl
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 03 Aug 2010

Have we ever had an ex-lad as a member (and on our side)?

Post by Snowy_owl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:09 pm

If so, and they were truly on our side, they'd have some very valuable insight. They'd know exactly what was most likely to work and what wasn't, they could figure out what was happening behind the scenes at any given time, etc.
"you make me cry every day!" "please in the name of god please stop calling me names" "my god we bless you for fulling us"-sese zugulu
"that is why you have the gout to call me all sort of name"-Humphery Njoku
"YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF YOU CALL MY LINE AGAIN WILL GET YOU ARRESTED"-MR JAME TOUCH
"WHAT THE YOU WANT FROM ME PLEASE TELL ME I ASK YOU FOR YOUR FIRST PAGE PASSPORT OR ANY VALID ID NOT ANY SEXING PIC"

(Pig)x59
(Blackpig)x8
(Phone)x18  
(UK, Spain, USA, Ghana, Thailand, Niger, Lebanon, Malaysia, Cote d'Ivoire)x24
(Goat)(Golden Goat)
(Witty remark linking to donating to Eater)

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Have we ever had an ex-lad as a member (and on our side)?

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 am

Not willingly :twisted:

Several of our baiters are wonderful at playing lads themselves, and have been able to get scammers to confess to all sorts of things, but I don't believe I've ever seen a reformed lad. I've seen lads "confess" that they are scammers but then turn into beggars as yet another ploy to separate victims from their money. I personally would not trust a lad who claims to have seen the light.

There have been many victims who told their stories on our sister site, Scamwarners. Unfortunately some things "work" because people are kind hearted, or they fall in love with a puppy photo, or they want to help a stranger in need, or they are lonely. For every scam there seems to be a victim, and it's just a matter of time. Most scammers use their "format" on thousands of people before they get someone to "bite", so I'm not entirely sure the scammers fully realize why it works.

I'm sure others will chime in, but the bottom line is: nope.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

Snowy_owl
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 03 Aug 2010

Post by Snowy_owl » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 am

I wouldn't trust them either, at least not until they proved themselves to be trustworthy over a LONG period. I'm also not sure what would bring about such a change in philosophy.

There must be at least some lads who have had an epiphany of sorts, though. I'm sure the number is greater than zero. How much more is tough to say.

And when I said likely to work, I meant from our POV. Which modalities will rope them in and which ones will just make them twig, for example.
"you make me cry every day!" "please in the name of god please stop calling me names" "my god we bless you for fulling us"-sese zugulu
"that is why you have the gout to call me all sort of name"-Humphery Njoku
"YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF YOU CALL MY LINE AGAIN WILL GET YOU ARRESTED"-MR JAME TOUCH
"WHAT THE YOU WANT FROM ME PLEASE TELL ME I ASK YOU FOR YOUR FIRST PAGE PASSPORT OR ANY VALID ID NOT ANY SEXING PIC"

(Pig)x59
(Blackpig)x8
(Phone)x18  
(UK, Spain, USA, Ghana, Thailand, Niger, Lebanon, Malaysia, Cote d'Ivoire)x24
(Goat)(Golden Goat)
(Witty remark linking to donating to Eater)

CruelGecko
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by CruelGecko » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:44 pm

I had a kid, a university student, fall apart on me during a romance scam out of guilt. He was from Ghana. I felt sorry for him and offered to have him work for me. My idea was that I would pay him to perform certain services for me related to scambaiting. I removed the need for trust by giving him tasks such as getting addresses of and taking pictures of the cyber cafes or whatever where the scammers were hanging out and I would pay him only on delivery. He also had to agree to stop scamming. Well, he never delivered, not even simple things. Beyond just being criminals these guys as unbelievably lazy.

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Post by Myon359 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:32 am

One of my earlier baits, the Ukrainian Widow bait (check viewtopic.php?t=4578 for complete story) resulted in a confession from the lad behind the mess. I am not sure what he is doing nowadays, but he has provided me with translations of pidgin/Yoruba, and appears to have a certain amount of respect for me after what occurred between us. Would I trust him with my life or money? Maybe not ;) but at least I can rely on him for translations and Nigerian news I can get nowhere else.

Edit: Hi mods. Just realized I unintentionally replied to a necro-ed thread. My apologies :oops:
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:51 pm

Snowy_owl wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 am There must be at least some lads who have had an epiphany of sorts, though. I'm sure the number is greater than zero. How much more is tough to say.
Epiphany in the "Don't give up the day job" sense, possibly. Turning over a new leaf? No.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:40 pm

Slightly related.
I was a scammer. Here’s how I stole your money
https://www.theguardian.com/protect-you ... your-money
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000