Scammed with google pay out of $600

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Bg1993
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Scammed with google pay out of $600

Post by Bg1993 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 am

Hi everyone,

I was scammed last weekend out of $600. I’m 17 and saved up all this year to get a new phone for my mom. When I saw it on offer up I got really excited. The app showed that it was in my area but it really was not, the guy was in Ohio but I did not think it mattered because it was such a good deal and the exact color I wanted. I messaged the guy and he asked for my number and then messaged me from outside the app. He was Facebook verified and has years of 5 star reviews so I thought it was safe. He told me to send $600 For his phone. On his profile he says he’ll accept half up front and after receiving it, he’ll ship it and you can send the other half. I thought somehow that would mean I was protected. Anyway I’m only 17 and you need to be 18 to make a Google Pay account (he asked for google pay because he does not have paypal). I gave money to and asked my older sister to send him the money (she also did not know this man was a scammer) . I get the package and it was a tire pump. The guy stopped responding. We already contacted google and they will not return the money. I also had my sister make a claim with her bank but it was a debit card so she does not think they will fight with Google for this. I feel so lost and sad I have not been able to get any sleep. I can’t believe people would do this especially during this time. We contacted the police In Dayton Ohio (where the guy shipped from) and am waiting to hear back to file a police report. The scammers phone number is <snipped phone number - KLG>. We ran a report on him on BenVerified and we got a name and address in Dayton Ohio but IDK how accurate it is.
Attachments
image7.png
image7.png (60.31 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
image6.png
image6.png (61.57 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
image5.png
image5.png (58.73 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
image4.png
image4.png (50.55 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
image1.png
image1.png (66.01 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
image0.png
image0.png (85.53 KiB) Viewed 2443 times

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Scammed with google pay out of $600

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:22 am

Hi Bg,

first of all, I'm terribly sorry this happened to you. I strongly encourage you to visit our sister site, Scamwarners, and post your story there. They have members who are experienced in this type of thing and can help you.

I've snipped out the phone number as our forum rules do not allow posting of numbers before we've been able to verify the scam. A 17 year old buying a phone for their mother is a wonderful and kindhearted thing to do. It's heartbreaking to see these scams take advantage of good people. Unfortunately, he talked you into using a method of contact and payment that was outside of the app, which is a common way for scammers to operate. Again, I'm very sorry this happened to you.

Please contact Scamwarners and let them know - they are better prepared to offer advice.

Kitty
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by sparky905 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:58 am

I am sorry to read this. It does serve as a reminder why we do what we do here. You really feel the pain on a human level with stories like this.
🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇬🇭 🇨🇮 🇹🇷 🇦🇺 🇩🇪 🇨🇦 🇰🇭 🇳🇬 🇦🇪 🇸🇦 🇨🇳 X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions

Snowy_owl
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 03 Aug 2010

Post by Snowy_owl » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:01 am

Angry emoji.

Scammers are seriously the worst.
"you make me cry every day!" "please in the name of god please stop calling me names" "my god we bless you for fulling us"-sese zugulu
"that is why you have the gout to call me all sort of name"-Humphery Njoku
"YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF YOU CALL MY LINE AGAIN WILL GET YOU ARRESTED"-MR JAME TOUCH
"WHAT THE YOU WANT FROM ME PLEASE TELL ME I ASK YOU FOR YOUR FIRST PAGE PASSPORT OR ANY VALID ID NOT ANY SEXING PIC"

(Pig)x59
(Blackpig)x8
(Phone)x18  
(UK, Spain, USA, Ghana, Thailand, Niger, Lebanon, Malaysia, Cote d'Ivoire)x24
(Goat)(Golden Goat)
(Witty remark linking to donating to Eater)