How did y'all come to Scambaiting?

News items and topics not related to baiting.
LordTicklefarts
Not quite a Newb
Re: How did y'all come to Scambaiting?

Post by LordTicklefarts » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Years ago, a young lady from Nigeria contacted me as a love interest. I knew I was being catfished. I googled the entire contents of her email and found it in a forum warning against the scammer. So I decided to play with this scammer for a few more months until she (he) moved on to a real sucker. Never succeeded in finding out the culprit. But from then on I started researching how to track down the source of scam emails. Eventually I stumbled onto videos from James Veitch , which showed how much more fun you can have with scambaiting rather than being a detective. I am more focused on wasting their time than tracking and prosecuting them since most operate in countries that have weak data protection and fraud laws or corrupt or lazy law enforcement.
- :twisted: -Pleased to sniff you - :twisted: -

Meow
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by Meow » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:58 pm

Well, after tons of spam crap due internet leaks (and of course, becoming millionaire after cashing out all those random cashboxes...). I thought it will be a cool thing to do would be make lose time those scamers while having fun fooling them around and make waste time instead scaming people.

I was on previous 419eater forum but completely forgot my name and email address used there so... Will start over again. :mrgreen:

Lake Amour
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by Lake Amour » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:53 pm

I was helping an elderly family friend with a romance scam he got caught up in. (He recently died tens of thousands in debt because I could never talk him out of continuing.)

I'd heard of scambaiting before, and found info on this (old) site. I thought many posted baits were hilarious so I thought I'd try my hand at it.

My first bait ever ended up in Greatest Hits! Heck, this was easy!

Ever since? Nada. Nothing remotely exciting.

I gave up for a while but I'm trying to get back into it now! Just as a way to help out victims!

LA
Mr Hump Here's Audio Book Collection
"Some of my co workers are beginning to say that you are making a fool of me but I strongly believe you" - Mr Hump Here
"You and your orphanage has destroyed my perfect life" - Mr Hump Here
"Also beside the rear entry as a quicker way to get Fellatio, is there any other thing you need?" - Mr Hump Here
"EAT SHIT AND FUCK YOURSELF WITH RUBBISH." - Tom Sawyer