Covid

News items and topics not related to baiting.
sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Covid

Post by sparky905 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Around the world we are all aware of Covid. It has placed restrictions on all of us. Our planned Christmas gathering was cut short when a family member got covid and unknowingly passed it on to my oldest son. Now our holidays are compromised. Mercifully, the covid has been mild, no more than a regular cold, but when it is your child testing positive, worst case scenarios are never far from your mind! Better to give up a big dinner than see someone on a ventilator!

Anyway, it drove home the point all the medical people are constantly telling us......it does spread! Please, enjoy the holidays but stay safe. The two infections of family members is a blunt reminder. Not every person gets a mild dose!

Let us hope 2021 brings brighter days for us all!
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Covid

Post by Kitty La Gore » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:10 am

Sparky, I'm so sorry to hear the news, and I hope the healing is rapid and nobody else gets infected. You are so right - whatever happens to our children (regardless of their age) goes straight into our own hearts.

My family had already planned on staying at our respective homes for the holidays, so I'm doing my first solo Christmas. My offspring is hanging out with my ex's family, which they've planned out by isolating so all is good. I had one day this week when I started feeling a bit lonely, and then I got the news that two of my coworkers picked up Covid from their family members this month. One is over 60, the other has very troubling underlying conditions. We're still working remotely so I haven't been exposed to them or the office, but it was a sobering reminder of how quickly this virus travels.

Hang in there and I wish you all very good health in the days to come.
Hugs!! ~ Kitty
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Sparky.

My daughter was tested positive a few weeks ago. As was my dad. I know how you feel.

Stay safe and healthy buddy!

B
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by sparky905 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Let us hope all our covid cases resolve quickly. Family cases make it so much more real to us. It is out there, it is spreading, so we have to be vigilant.

Having said that, I was upset to learn one of my brothers and his wife arranged for people to fly across Canada to stay with them for Christmas, violating all the protocols here. I found this out yesterday on the phone as we spoke. Some people just don't get it.
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions

John Warosa
Not quite a Newb

Post by John Warosa » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:06 pm

It is spreading rapidly here where I live too now. 2-3 weeks ago my brother caught it and they cancelled the last week of school before Christmas (from the 14th) because by then 21 people in his classroom and around half his year was infected. My dad and mom both got it from him too. Luckily my other brother and I didn't get it. I lived seperately from them for a while and brought them supplies.

Just the day before Christmas my other brother had to cancel his Christmas plans since his girlfriends sister also got Covid. They have been saying on the news that we are reaching new records and the spread is increasing for a while now but with the holidays I don't think it is over yet.