Saved Another One!!!!

News items and topics not related to baiting.
boofles
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Saved Another One!!!!

Post by boofles » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:06 pm

So, as some of you may know, but most probably don't because I rarely post...I like to help victims when I can.
Well, today was a good day in that regard, so humor me while I tell you the story...
I recently took a 2nd job so I could afford health insurance. Part of the services this 2nd job offers is cash cards and...drum roll please...Western Union. As a general rule, we don't do WU because my manager thinks it's way too much trouble, but we still get people coming in for it regardless.
Well today, a nice older lady came via a cab, and as I was chatting with her, it turns out she was about to become the victim of a scam.
So, rather that turn her away, I dug deeper into the conversation, got the details, and convinced her she was being scammed. It felt GREAT!
But, later, it got me thinking in a Big Picture sort of way, and I realized some things...
First and foremost, I realized that because of all the time I've spent reading and lurking on Eater and other sites, there is literally NOTHING a scammer can say that I cannot refute totally. I can even show evidence online if required. And the thing is, I would not be in that position were it not for Eater, and it's members, both past and present.
So, sure, people here like to humiliate scammers...and Yes, we all think it's pretty funny. But literally EVERYONE here, even lurkers like me, would not hesitate to help a real victim given the opportunity, and because of all the knowledge we've gained here, we can usually convince the victims, even when their own family cannot(the lady mentioned her granddaughter had tried to warn her).
And you know what? That's a hell of an accomplishment for a website and a small community of people.
so KUDOS TO EATER in all her glory! All of you share in my small victory today!
Thanks to you all!!

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Saved Another One!!!!

Post by sparky905 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 am

That is a great message to read here on a Monday morning! It is a wonderful feeling to assist someone and stop them from being scammed. I do hope she now knows how to spot such a scheme as you can't be there all the time to assist others!
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions

bobdemol
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 30 Dec 2008

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bobdemol » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am

Well done !
yOU WICKED AND EVIL MAN,PERISH TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG - Obinna

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
๐Ÿง :goat: :flag_ng: :flag_gh: ๐Ÿ“ฑ ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ“บ Safaris: Linos: Togo-Benin // Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
//: Felix: Accra-Lomรฉ (x3)

Padme
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 27 May 2005

Mod Awarded Icons

Post by Padme » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:01 pm

Awesome news.
So, sure, people here like to humiliate scammers...and Yes, we all think it's pretty funny. But literally EVERYONE here, even lurkers like me, would not hesitate to help a real victim given the opportunity, and because of all the knowledge we've gained here, we can usually convince the victims, even when their own family cannot
This! Also, I think that sometimes people tend to tune out those closest to them. You may have had better luck both because of your knowledge of scams and the fact that you are not a member of her family. Fortunately for her you were in between her and the scammer on the right day. Well done.
"Your knife will surely cut off your head trust me. Useless man zombie."
"Shege danburuba, your end has come. The spirit of all the people you kill is after you now and you can not excape it. See you in hell dan esika."

Woody 2105-? โ˜ ๏ธAccra -> Singapore, Dakar/Rosso/Bmko/Kpndo/Ctnu โ˜ฏx6 GoldPith , ๐ŸŽฉx2โŒ›๏ธ
Amos โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ๐ŸŽฉ Akure>Kano โŒ›๏ธ
Godwin 2015-? โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ๐ŸŽฉx8 Owerri -> Maiduguri, Lagos/Lomรฉ/Bmko/Kolokani/Bmko/Nioro Bmko/Timbuktu/Bmko/Youri Bmko/Mauritania/Kidira/Dakar>Jail โŒ›๏ธ
๐ŸŽฉ's -West African safaris, France-Dublin w/DSW, etc. ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽ“๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŽฅ

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 18 Apr 2004

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Juan Freizwidatt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Outstanding!
"SATAN WILL KILL YOU . BECAUSE YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF MERMAID"

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

You screw up things up for me and went to bed with my own lawyer????

am so confused, very, very confused!

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals
- Shorty

:sandtimer: x4: Shorty
:pith: x 16:
US lad w/Capone: (gold pith)
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal: Lagos>Abidjan
+ Several random lads.

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:14 pm

Padme summed it up best! Many baiters have found the desire and need to do more led them to our sister site www.ScamWarners.com where they could help others identify the scams that seem obvious to us (now).

You have made my week boofles. I'm sure you made the woman's year!
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by sparky905 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm

I'd like to add a further comment on what boofles wrote. Yes, we do enjoy the "games" we play with scammers. On a personal level though, my membership here has taught me so much about being a smarter and more educated consumer. I know before joining that even I, a trusting soul, would not have fallen for the Nigerian prince type email scam. However, my time here has shown me to identify the more highly refined and cleverly disguised scams too. It has been a real education.

That knowledge has helped me to stop several family and friends from being scammed. Like boofles writes, we all share in those victories.

It is more than just acquiring the baiting trophies. Those are milestones on this journey. It is about helping people along the way.
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions