Crypto scam

For the discussion of non-419 related miscellaneous scams.
TheBoss
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Crypto scam

Post by TheBoss » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:35 am

Hi all,

A scammer tried to get me (his number being [Removed - B8er])
Basically pretends to know some corean finance commission CEO and get inside information on a fake crypto currency called CITI. This crypto does not exist, so they have website coincollectorsclub.com on which they ask you to register and there appears the fake crypto. And then ask you to transfer usdt. Of course, if you do so, you have no way to get it back.

Stay safe guys
Last edited by B8er on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unevidenced phone number

B8er
Associate
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Feb 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Crypto scam

Post by B8er » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:10 am

This forum deals with Advance Fee Fraud Scams and not crypto investments. I have also removed the phone number that you posted as you have provided no evidence of its involvement in a scam.
Do not post email addresses, profile links, or phone numbers without sourcing them to a scam mail, fake site, or other verifiable evidence of scamming. The potential for abuse of non-scammers is too great. We're not saying that you would point other baiters towards an ex-significant whatever, cheating spouse, or that neighbor who never returned your power tools. We are saying that in the past, others have. Moderators reserve the right to remove un-sourced phone numbers, links, or email addresses, or just delete that particular post entirely (they're like your credit card company, lots of reserved rights).
Locking this as it is off topic and no further discussion is needed.
👅🌺🌋😅