Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: * WELCOME NEW MEMBER. PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE *

Post by Bertje » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:47 am

Welcome!

We recommend having a seperate emailadress to 'harvest' scam emails (called a 'catcher account'), which you don't use to scambait with. If you are looking for scammers to have fun with, head over to www.scamwarners.com and find a new friend there!

As for responses: some scammers will answer quicker than other. Some wont answer at all.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

GondolaGuy
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by GondolaGuy » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Thank you! I already got one reply earlier, seems like because of the timezone issues it's going to be a sort of one-per-day dealio. Now it's just waiting to get more scammers to bite.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:17 pm

^^^ ah, cherish those days when you don't have six scammers lined up for punishment at any given time... :lol:
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

velapex

Post by velapex » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:34 pm

Hello All, new to scambaiting really looking forward to scrolling the forums and finding lots of helpful info :)

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Welcome, velapex! Let us know if you have any questions. Bait safe! 8-)
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K

Sganarelle

Post by Sganarelle » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Hello everybody,
I am just starting out in scambaiting, so I accept all the advice and tips to get started.
I speak a very little English but I'm French speaking.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:27 am

Bienvenu(e) Sganarelle! I grew up hearing French spoken around me, but did not learn to speak it unfortunately - something I've always wanted to correct. We are delighted to have baiters among us who speak languages other than English! Please let us know if you have any questions, and be sure to read all of the safety tips.

FinnGlishmann

Post by FinnGlishmann » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:12 pm

Hello everyone!
Finally decided to bite the bullet and start baiting properly since picking up tips from Monetized Youtube Baiter. Got a good range of 'victims' in mind... just need some tasty bits :D

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:20 am

Welcome FinnGlishmann!

Be sure to read up on baiting safely, and we look forward to seeing your work - ask us questions along the way if you need ideas or help!

MrB

Post by MrB » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:02 am

Hello new to the group! You are all my heroes!! What a deliciously joyful way to spend some time doing some good. Not sure if I am in the right place for my immediate concern. My 16 year old daughter on the Autism Spectrum was convinced by a hacker to change her phone number and email on her instagram account. He/she then took over the account and is using it for a bitcoin scam. They used a Nigerian area code. Good thing is she wrote down their email, [email removed - KLG]. My wife engaged them and then posted the cat online which resulted in immediate death threats. What is my best move?

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:04 pm

Welcome, MrB!

First off, I am so very sorry this happened to your family. Scammers are scum, and we're seeing a lot more of those types of scams lately. I removed the email address for a few reasons, but mostly because we don't want the scammer googling their address and finding your post here - that would not be good, and we definitely don't want to give them a heads up that we know who they are.

Your best move is to report everything to your local police, and block the scammer from all contact. If your daughter was using other social media accounts with similar passwords or user names, have her change all of her passwords just to be safe.

Unfortunately the scammer has your personal contact (and that of your daughter & possibly your wife, unless she created a fake account for the cat photos) and they can do some very damaging things with that information. It's best if you block them and do not respond - they will move on.

We don't encourage anyone to bait their personal scammers as there are too many emotions involved, and it's very easy to make mistakes. Again, reporting the scammer to the police and securing all of your daughter's social media accounts is your best path forward. I'm very glad your daughter has parents who are on top of things and figured out the problem!

agnomen
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 16 Apr 2012

Post by agnomen » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:45 pm

I popped in (after 6 years) to see how things were going and realised y'all moved on to pastures new, looking forward to some new reading.
Last edited by agnomen on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022-
:pig2: x23

2012-2016
:pig2: x44; Black :pig2: x5; :mortar_board: x1; Easter 🥚 2013
1st bait :hourglass: :hourglass: :hourglass: :hourglass: :pig2: x21 "circling in one circle over one year now something must be going wrong” "you wasted my time all this years, what a disappointing transaction" Oladimeji Bankole

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:02 pm

^^ Welcome back! We've been keeping the lads warm and the beer cold for you 8-)

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:08 pm

I recognize that avatar!
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

SpazzyLemur

Post by SpazzyLemur » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:54 pm

Hi, guys. I'm new to this site and I have insomnia, so I figured might as well do something to entertain myself while I'm whittling away the small hours. I'm excited to learn and (carefully) get started. I saw in the beginners post that everyone should ask for a mentor, so I'm going to poke around some more and see if I gather enough confidence to do so. Look forward to working with you all!

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:08 am

Welcome SpazzyLemur!

We're all across the various time zones here, so chances are you'll not be alone no matter what time you're lurking. Pull up your favorite beverage and make those lads cry! Bait safe 8-)

Kitty

Scam_Buster

Post by Scam_Buster » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:46 pm

Hi All,

Brand new to the Forum. Thank you for allowing me to join. I've become interested in sticking it to the Scammer after seeing all of the scams on Facebook Market place. Market Place has been littered with scams over the past several months. I've communicated to a few of them posing as a potential buyer and they've sent me instructions to purchase eBay cards and reply with the card information. All anonymous of course and I don't plan to send them any information. So now I kind of feel like the dog that caught the car, now what do I do with it?? :D I've replied back with questions that I know the answer to just to keep them going.

So I did some research and found this site. Now it's time to learn more about this new hobby. Besides the fact that they are scamming people out of their hard earned cash, they are posing as US Military and that they are being deployed to Poland, etc. to help out with Ukraine. I won't say what I'm thinking about them here. :x

If anyone has any ideas how I can proceed with this type of scam, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

By the way, I know that the name Scam Buster seems a bit cliche on a site like this, but what the hell.

MolecularConcept

Post by MolecularConcept » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:12 pm

hello im about to have alot of time on my hands, and have been inspired to maybe ruin some scammers days! lol. i have alot of questions, im sure ill find some help here! ill be lurking around, pleased to have found this place

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:06 am

Welcome MolecularConcept and Scam_Buster! All names are awesome as long as they hide your true identity ;-) We do encourage spending your free time making those lads wail in pain and frustration, and we feel exactly the same way about those $^#&@! scammers who use the war for their gain.

Definitely be cautious about Facebook and don't use a real life account to engage with scammers, but we have lots of ideas for using fake baiting accounts to waste the scammers' time and baffle their attempts. Pull up a comfy chair, pour your favorite beverage, read up on how to bait safely and ask us anything along the way!

Kitty

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Welcome everyone!
Kitty La Gore wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:06 am Pull up a comfy chair, pour your favorite beverage, read up on how to bait safely and ask us anything along the way!
Feel free to pour us a beverage, too! There are a lot of great answers available in the Help, Hints, and Tips forum, be we're always ready to help.
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

AL1VE

Post by AL1VE » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:31 pm

Hello there, I used to be on the old forums years ago, and just found my way here. Is there a way to transfer my old signature/avatar, threads, etc here? And is everything behind a login now? Sorry for the noob questions! It's good to be back

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:40 am

Hello AL1VE !
PM one of us mods, and we'll help you sort things out :D

TreyBake

Post by TreyBake » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:42 pm

Hi there hello I am a casual baiter of several years on-and-off experience who enjoys confusing scammers by writing in long-winded run-on sentences with many multiple redundant words which has proven to be a very successful modality.

Seriously though, hi 419Eater! I've never been a part of a communal effort before - the nearest I've gotten is a very brief conversation with someone who tried to warn me I was being scammed. They told me I was far from the only one baiting that particular scammer. This is gonna be fun. :)

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:08 pm

Welcome, TreyBake!

We've had a lot of fun with a variety of "wordy" replies. Another tactic is to create a reply, and then find & replace one of the letters. For example,

"We've had a lpt pf fun wlth a varlety pf "wprdy" replles. Anpther tactlc ls tp create a reply, and then flnd & replace pne pf the letters."

OK, I replaced two letters. This helps when the lad is using Google translate, or just having a hard time with the language. When they complain, tell them your keyboard is broken.

Looking forward to seeing your baits!
Kitty

TheWhiteRider

Post by TheWhiteRider » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:07 am

Hey all, old baiter returning after a over decade of inactivity. I decided to return when I came across someone randomly the other day and heard them talk about how they were scammed out of thousands of dollars. I was furious at what happened and it reminded me of my old baiting days and was inspired to come back. Now I do not plan on going after this scammer, as far as I know the victim is working with law enforcement and I don't want to mess anything up. Also it's been a while and to say I am rusty is an understatement. I'm pretty much a newb at this again so I will be doing A LOT of reading to catch up.

That said I'm glad this site is still around and people are still taking it to the scammers.