Wasting the Apartment Lad's Time (Piggy, Call to MG, 6x)

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
Myon359
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Wasting the Apartment Lad's Time (Piggy, Call to MG, 6x)

Post by Myon359 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 pm

This one isn't a standard 419/AFF scam, but Bertje told me I could put this one up here, so it should fly.

To make a long story short, I went to Scamwarners and found this Adam Gatley fellow. I had never baited an apartment lad before, so I thought it would be nice to give him a go and responded from my Protonmail address. The results were rather beautiful, and got me a personal record on MG! As usual, bold writing is my talk, plain is the lad's, and italics are my annotations.

Hi,

I am glad to read from you regarding the advertised studio apartment available to rent immediately. I lived in the apartment before I moved to Cardiff for a work contract. Currently, the apartment is vacant and available as there is no one currently living there at the moment.

The pictures reflect the current condition of the apartment. The property comes fully furnished and well equipped which is why I seek a responsible tenant to rent the flat. You will be living in the apartment alone and not share it with anyone. I am the owner of the property and I live and currently work in Cardiff.

Below are the details of the rent and security deposit.

Property address: ----------------------- Amsterdam

Rent: €800 per month (All bills inclusive no extra or hidden charges)

Security deposit: €700 (Refundable at the end of your stay in the property)

Move in fee: One month rent + Security deposit

Minimum stay: 1 Month

Maximum stay: 1 yr with the option of extending the tenancy after 12 months.

Couples: Allowed

Property/room amenities: TV, high-speed internet, washing machine, dryer, toaster, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, etc..

Please, I want you to know that I am a kind and honest person, I spent a lot of money on my property, I am soliciting for your absolute
maintenance of this property and I will be glad if you can treat it as your own, I hope you understand that! I want you to keep it clean
and tidy always and I will be impressed if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my property,

However, I need to ask you some questions.

Can you take care of my property while I am away for work?

What are your full name?

Where are you currently located?

Your nationality, age, marital status & profession?

How many of you will be living in the apartment?

When do you intend to move in?

Is this your first time renting a property?

All the facilities present in the apartment are in good working condition. I am reliable, open and I maintain a cordial relationship between my tenant and I so if there is anything wrong in the apartment, please make sure you inform me and I will make sure the problem is rectified as soon as possible.

NOTE: The property is furnished but I can make it unfurnished or part furnished if you have other belongings and furniture you are bringing into the apartment.

Attached are the pictures of the room. Let me know if you have any questions or requests. (Getty Images provides such nice pictures!)

Regards,
Adam

(Alex Gaarsland, now a small business owner responds)

Thanks for your mail. Here is the information you asked for:

Can you take care of my property while I am away for work? - Of course

What are your full name? - Alex ---------- Gaarsland

Where are you currently located? - --------------------, New York

Your nationality, age, marital status & profession? - American, 30 yrs old, unmarried, singer recruiter

How many of you will be living in the apartment? - 3, myself, my brother, and the dog Kishore

When do you intend to move in? - Whenever you want us to. We can move in within the month

Is this your first time renting a property? - No. I've rented two others before

Get back to me with more details. Thank you

Alex

Hi,

I would like to ask if you are moving in with any pets.

Like I said, I am currently based in Cardiff for work and before I can come all the way from Cardiff, I have to be sure
about your willingness and financial capability in paying the move in fee on same day, as I will like a situation whereby
everything can be finalized on the same day I come to Amsterdam for the viewing and handing over of keys.

Therefore, I require that you review the tenancy agreement form, if the tenancy terms are okay, you will be required to
pay the security deposit in the sum of €700 payable by bank-to-bank transfer to ensure easy refund if you decide not to
take the flat after inspecting it, once the deposit is transferred and confirmed, we can schedule a convenient time to meet
and inspect the flat. (There was no document attached. I chose to ignore his mistake)

Note that if there are any changes in taking the flat after viewing, you will be refunded back your deposit which you have
paid as stated in the tenancy agreement and upon agreeing to take the flat after inspection, the remaining move-in fee has
to be paid in cash or bank transfer before moving into the flat.

Attached is the copy of the tenancy agreement , let me know if the terms are okay so we can proceed.

Regards,
Adam

Apologies for my late reply. Our company had a big contract with a man in Burkina Faso (It involved screwing him). The form looks great.

By the way, I do have a pet, a dog named Kishore. He is small and house trained, so I hope that won't be a problem. Please get back to me with the information. I'm prepared to pay the 700 ¢. Get back to me soon.

Hi,

Attached is the Lease Agreement Contract. You are to fill the commencement and duration section {start date & end date of the contract} on page 3, sign where it's provided and scan back to me the signed copy. Thereafter, I will forward you the details to make the payment of the deposit to secure and reserve the apartment till your move in date.

Kindly confirm if you are able to get the enclosed document.

Regards,
Adam

I got your PDF. I'll print and sign it tomorrow. See you then

Alex

Hi,

Good to know that you have received the tenancy agreement. I will be waiting for the signed copy so that we can proceed with the payment and reservation process.

Regards,
Adam

Attached is the signed copy, which I scanned. It looks good to me. Contact me if you need more info. Feel free to call my brother at -.
He is in on this as well.

Alex

Hi,

I have received the signed contract and everything is in order including the start and end date of the lease. Let me know when you are ready to make the payment of the deposit to secure and reserve the apartment so that I can send you the necessary bank details.

Regards,
Adam

(Let's try for a piggy)
I'm ready to make the payment. Send me all necessary bank info ASAP. Thanks

Alex

Hi,

Below is my British bank account details to make the payment of the deposit. You are to visit www.wise.com and sign up an
account then proceed to make the payment to my bank details below.

(Reported! Thanks Mr. Gatley!)

Get back to me with the confirmation receipt once the payment is completed for proof of payment.

Regards,
Adam

(I certainly wasn't going to set up an account. So I played a quick game with Adam and made it through)

Hi. I went to the website you gave me this morning and this came up. What do I do?

Alex

(Those developer tools sure come in handy. See link beneath for what "came up")

https://imgur.com/a/4zJktlp

Hi,

I believe wise.com operates in the USA but it says your IP has been banned in the image you sent to me.

However, can you make the payment via PayPal or Money Gram? Get back to me with your phone number for easier and faster communication.

Regards,
Adam

Oh. That explains it. I never noticed I was banned. That's confusing.

I'll just make the payment via MoneyGram. You can send me the info for where to send the money. My cellphone broke a few days ago, so I'll call you from a payphone in a couple of hours. May I have your phone number, so that I can reach you easily?

Alex

Hi,

Below is the information to make the payment of the deposit.

NAME: ADAM GATLEY

Get back to me with the confirmation receipt from MoneyGram once the payment is completed.

Regards,
Adam

I will. I'm going to leave in about thirty minutes and call you soon. Thank you sir.

Alex

Hello Mr. Gatley!

The payment is complete. I attempted to call your number twice, but I got "The number you have dialed is incorrect.
Please hang up and dial the operator". So I gave up and decided it would be best if I went to MoneyGram and emailed
you later. Attached is the receipt of payment. Thank you for everything and Get back to me ASAP.

Alex

Hi,

Good to hear from you! Please attach a clearer picture of the deposit receipt from MoneyGram as I am unable to see the
details of the transaction. (I hate it when they complain about the quality)

Regards,
Adam

Apologies. I threw the receipt away after I scanned it. Here is a typed copy from the photograph:
Hope that's what you need!

Alex

Hello Mr. Gatley. I haven't heard from you for sometime. I hope everything has worked out well. Have you picked up your payment yet?

Alex

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me with the typed version. I’ve forwarded the confirmation receipt to my lawyer in order to
get your paperwork ready before your arrival/move in date.

I’ll keep you posted once I hear back from him and when I pick up the payment.

Regards,
Adam

(I heard back later on, something must've happened in Ladland)

Hi,

I’m unable to pick up the payment as I’m very busy with work and don’t know when I’ll be able to get it done and I have to let my lawyer know that the payment has been received before he can go ahead with your paperwork. I’ll want you to go back to the MoneyGram agent and get a refund of the payment.

When you get the refund please let me know as soon as possible so that I can let you know how to go about making the payment.

Regards,
Adam

I'm very sorry about that. Perhaps you could try halting it on your end as well. I think the customer service number was somewhere on the slip.

I'll work from my end and get a refund. Call the MG people and stop it from your end as well. Thank you.

Alex

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. You will have to be the one to go to the outlet you sent the money and get a refund as you are the sender. Let me know once you get the refund.

Regards,
Adam

Hello Mr. Gatley.

I apologize, but I just returned home from the MG outlet, and they told me I cannot get a refund without the MTCN. Only the person I sent money to, you, is allowed to get the MTCN. So, what you need to do is call the customer service number I sent you, get the MTCN for me, and email it back to me so that I can cancel the transfer. Please call and get back to me with the MTCN. Thank you very much sir.

Alex

Hi,

Thanks for keeping me posted. I’ll call the customer service and get the MTCN then I can send it to you to cancel the transfer.

Regards,
Adam

Thank you Mr. Gatley. I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex

(Gatley proceeded to call customer service’s ears off, calling six times in under three hours! New personal record! Some interesting things from the calls. Adam starts by saying the money is for "birthday gift." He then says "tenant fees". Also, he switches between whether he's known me for 5 or 10 years! Last of all, he put the phone on speaker during the first call - right when the screaming kazoo lady came on! I can only imagine what his neighbors must've thought :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Link to calls: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sKuWDOnMeG

Hi Alex,

I have just received a notification from my lawyer and I have been able to pick up the deposit payment. However, he has requested that the terms and conditions of the contract have to be met by paying one month rent and security deposit to reserve the flat and get your papers ready before your move in date when I sent the deposit receipt to him.

(Apparently, Gatley decided it would be best to lie and try and sucker more money out of me)

Therefore, he has requested for the payment receipt of one month rent in order to get your papers ready before your move in date. Let me know when you are ready to make the payment of the first month rent so that I can guide you accordingly on how to proceed.

Regards,
Adam

I can make the payment now if you like. I can do whatever method you prefer for the payment. Get back to me with all pertinent facts. Thank you sir.

Alex

Hi,

You are to visit any Walgreens or Walmart store around you and purchase a STEAM GIFT CARD & ITUNES GIFT CARD equivalent to the amount of the first month rent.

STEAM GIFT CARD: 700$
ITUNES GIFT CARD: 100$

NB: The STEAM GIFT CARD can be purchased in any denomination like 100$, 200$ & 500$ respectively that will amount to 700$. Once purchased, you scratch the cards and take a picture of all the gift cards including the purchase receipt showing all the cards purchased and send it to me.

Or you can send to my Bitcoin address for convenience:

(Reported to Bitcoin Abuse! Thanks for a Bitcoin piggy Adam!)

Regards,
Adam

Sounds good. I'm going to leave the house and go buy those before the store closes. Thank you for helping me Mr. Gatley.

Alex

You are welcome! I’ll be waiting to hear back from you.

Regards,
Adam

Hi Alex,

I didn’t hear back from you yesterday. Did you get the gift cards yet?

Regards,
Adam

Hi. I couldn't find the sort of gift card you were asking for. I apologize.

Also, a lady from MoneyGram called and said someone attempted to pick up the payment a while ago. Apparently, it hasn't
been cancelled yet. Did you call MoneyGram or if not you, who did?

Alex

Hi,

Yes I called MoneyGram to get the reference number for the payment but I couldn’t get a hold of the reference number. There
is no operator on duty and the machine is very noisy. (Especially when you put it on speakerphone Adam! :twisted: )

What type of gift card where you able to find at the store?

Regards,
Adam

Nordstrom cards, Wall Art cards, Toys R Us cards, gift cards for restaurants. Basically, they had everything except what we need. ☹️

Alex

You can try getting it at another store to see if they’ll have the gift cards. Otherwise you can buy Amazon gift card, Razor gold gift
card or steam gift card.

Regards,
Adam

You can as well get the Nordstrom gift cards and get back to me with the full receipt and all the picture of the gift card scratched.

Ok. I'll go back today and get the Nordstrom cards. I'll email you back soon. Thanks Mr. Gatley!

Alex

Okay great! I’ll be waiting to hear back from you.

Regards,
Adam

And please make sure you take a picture of the card before you purchase it so that I can confirm.

Regards,
Adam

Hello Mr. Gatley:

I got the card with the $700 amount on it. The card I got is one where you can put up to $1000 on it. I've attached scans of the front of the
card, and the back where I have scratched off the gray stuff on the PIN. Have a nice day sir.

Alex

Hi,

Thanks for getting back with the purchase receipt. Please make sure the scratched gift card is kept safe and secured.

I’ll keep you posted on the next steps.

Regards,
Adam

Don't worry Mr. Gatley. I have the card in the safe in my office. It will not be stolen. I will await your instructions.

Alex

Hi,

I’ll need the front of the Nordstrom card. Take a picture of it and send it to me.

Regards,
Adam

Ok. Here's a photograph I took of the front just now. Or you can look at the attachment "nordstrom1.jpg" in one of my previous mails.

Alex

(I sent along a 24.9 MB junk file. Adam did not reply for the rest of the day. Hopefully I ate his data plan. He finally got back to me early this morning.)

Hi,

None of your payment has been received well by my people and the gift card you sent wasn't even a good one dirty rat scammer!

Regards,
Adam

Don't you just love the irony in the last email? I'd love to see how the talks with "his people" went. :lol:
In any case, an attempt to reel Gatley back in may or may not work, but the man has had two accounts reported and
wasted 10 days talking to me, so that counts for something. Thanks to Bertje for allowing me to post this, and also,
thank you Adam for giving me a new record in MG calls.
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Wasting the Apartment Lad's Time (Piggy, Call to MG, 6x)

Post by Kitty La Gore » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:58 pm

BRAVO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Re: Wasting the Apartment Lad's Time (Piggy, Call to MG, 6x)

Post by Myon359 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Thank you. Also - Gatley is back for more!
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan