Proud of my very first SCAM BAIT (Whatcha all think?)

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
swami17
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Proud of my very first SCAM BAIT (Whatcha all think?)

Post by swami17 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:05 pm

So I recently got a Facebook Friend Request from an old friend of mine, which I accepted, not realizing we were already FB friends. I quickly realized that his account had been spoofed. I actually pretty strongly suspected it on the very 1st FB Messenger entry (“Hello”). Somebody you haven’t spoken to in years who friends you doesn’t just say “Hello”. They’d say something like, “Hey Andrew - Long time no see. Thought I’d say hey and see what you’re up to.”
Just “Hello” almost ALWAYS means it’s a scammer of some kind. But just in case, I figured I’d ask a few questions to see if it really WAS Jason…

Jason <Snipped last name- bware419ers>

Jason

Hello

One more thing: The REAL Jason is a great guy from my hometown. I don’t even think he got hacked. I think they just look at random people’s Friends lists (which is public) and then create a spoof account. Nothing Jason could’ve done to prevent this.
The “Jason” who’s talking to me here is NOT the actual Jason.

You sent
Hey. Long time no see. How many years has it been?

Jason
Yeah

Jason
How are you doing?

You sent
Good. Where you living these days?

Jason
Currently living in Vermont

Scammer knew that because it’s posted on Jason’s actually account that the guy duplicated.

You sent
I was just there. Just for a day and a half.

Jason
Glad to hear from you I’m doing pretty good and feel extremely happy with the way things are in my life now and that remind ms me have you heard about the (CSBG) program yet

Yep. Scammer. I could just say “Up yours, Scammer” but I decided to have some fun with the guy, because: a) I was just in the mood for to entertain myself at the expense of a scumbag, and b) The more time he spends dealing with me, the less time he has to actually succeed in stealing money from some poor unsuspecting person. Let the games begin!

You sent
What’s the name of the place the Midway Diner used to be?

(At this point I already know he’s a scammer, but thought I’d ask a question he doesn’t know the answer to, to put a little pressure on him.)

You sent
I meant to check it out but didn’t have time

Jason
Just At home since then I got money from the grant h

Jason
Missed audio call - 8:02 AM

I’m not sure why he tried to place an audio call. Maybe he accidentally hit the Call button (the little phone icon in Messenger) or maybe he just wanted to see what I sound like, and would then hang up. Who knows.

You sent
CSBG? What’s that?

Jason
I meant the cash was donated to people by the community service block grant to help and support them financially to pay bills and buy home or starting up a business to eradicate poverty and maintain the standers of living. Haven’t you gotten yours?

It amazes me that these guys don’t realize how NOT American they sound. Insert foreign accent here. He thinks this is how a white guy from Vermont talks.

You sent
What cash? I don’t know anything about it. You got some kind of grant?

You sent
What kind of grant did you get

Fri 12:47 PM

Jason
Oh really I’m so happy I got the sun of $25,000 deliver to me when I applied for the grant and it dozen require a pay back it was indeed a great blessing. You can also apply for it before the program get closed.Do you know how to do that?

“Indeed a great blessing” Hahahahah

You sent
No. How do you do it?

So now, “Jason” sends me to the Facebook page of the “Government Agent” who is going to help ME get the great blessing of a $25,000 grant…

Jason
<FB Link Removed>

<FB Link Removed>

Agent Ginnete Julian
Government organization

Jason
Here is the climate agent page where I apply just click on the link below now and send them a message that a beneficiary suggest you about this and you want to apply

You sent
What should I say to her? I don’t want to screw it up. Can you send me whatever you wrote to her? I want to know the right way to word it so my application isn’t rejected or something. I could really use a grant.

Hey scammer, you’re gonna have to work for this one. I’m not just gonna go straight to “Agent Ginnete Julian”. You’re gonna have to go back and forth between your two separate fake accounts.

You sent
Are all the grants 25k?

You sent
I also want to make sure I get approved for the highest amount

Jason
Just message her with your full name that a beneficiary just told you about this program and you also want to apply for it?

Jason
?

You sent
What exactly should I say to her?

You sent
Is she the same person you talked to? Who approves the grant? Is it her, or is she just a secretary or something? Who makes the decision about who to give the money to?

Jason
This is from the government.. she's just an agent.. message her now with your full name.. I'm very sure you will thanks me later for sharing you the info?

Jason
Just make sure you’re with her and do all what she ask you to do

Jason
?

You sent
What do I need to say on the application? What should I tell them I need the money for?

You sent
I mean I’m sure they’re not just going to give money to anyone who Facebooks the agent. Should I tell them it’s for some kind of charitable purpose? Or can I say it’s for an artistic project?

You sent
I’m nervous about contacting her before I figure out what the right thing to say is.

Jason
Yes good

Jason
Message her with your full name and I'm very sure she will explain more better to you okay?

Jason
I wish you the best of luck?

Jason
Tell her you wanna use it for a business?

Jason
Message her bd don't be scared to do that?

Jason
I’m also sue you will thanks me later

You sent
What kind of business should I tell her? Between you and me, I want to use it for a film, but I’m concerned they won’t think that’s a good enough reason.

Jason
The agent woman is a woman of integrity.. I'm very sure she will help you because she's the one that help me with my Grant?

Jason
?

Jason
??

You sent
Should I tell her I know you?

Jason
Yeah

You sent
And there’s no need for you to introduce me to her? Like, would it make a difference if you call her first?

Jason
Message the agent woman right now with your full name?

Jason
Hello, my name is Andrew Michael Tarr I’m here for my own cash donation of the (CSBG) program

Jason
That all just copy and paste ok?

You sent
Okay. Thanks J-dog. I really appreciate your help. I’ll let you know if I get the money!

Jason
Ok.

=================================================

So now I went ahead and clicked his link to the other fake account. Another note: I have no idea who the woman is in the photo in front of the American Flag. Obviously just a shot they ripped off the internet and gave “her” the fake name of “Agent Ginnete Julian”. Nowhere in this scam bait do I make fun of the woman. She’s a victim of this POS scammer too.

Agent Ginnete Julian
Government organization
Fri 2:15 PM
You sent
Hi Ms. Julian, my friend Jason <Snipped last name - bware419ers> gave me your name. He told me you’re giving out grant money for the CBGB Program. I’m starting a business that’s going to help a lot of people. Are you still giving grant money? I’m really hoping you choose me for this awesome grant program

Note: I purposely misspelled Jason’s name. Not that this guy is ever gonna notice a misspelling!

Agent Ginnete Julian
HI, THANKS FOR CONTACTING US. WE'VE RECEIVED YOUR MESSAGE AND APPRECIATE YOU REACHING OUT

Agent Ginnete Julian

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR FULL NAME TO CHECK IF YOU QUALIFY TO CLAIM THE GRANT MONEY?

You sent
Andrew Michael Tarr

Yeah, I’m using my real name. No reason not to: he already has it from my Facebook page. Later on, when I give other info, like my address and phone number, that stuff is all fake.

Agent Ginnete Julian

HOLD ON LET ME CHECK IF YOUR NAME IS AVAILABLE ON OUR DATABASE TO RECEIVE THIS OFFER....!!

Agent Ginnete Julian

CONGRATULATION ON YOUR GRANT'S EMPOWERMENT PROCESSING AS OUR VERIFICATION TEAM ALERTS THAT YOUR DATA VERIFICATION PROCESS WAS SUCCESSFUL. YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM ARE YOU READY TO CLAIM IT?

Fri 4:18 PM
You sent
Yes. Thank you so much! What do I need to do?

Agent Ginnete Julian
WHAT TAKES YOU SO LONG DEAR WINNER?

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU WANT ME TO CANCEL YOUR GRANT?

Ooo…! The “Dear Agent” is puttin’ the pressure on! And I guess the government refers to federal grant recipients as “Winner”.

You sent
Cancel? No. I just wasn’t with my phone. I didn’t see your Congratulations message until just now.

Agent Ginnete Julian

OKAY ..IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO CANCEL NIT THEN YOU NEED TO STAY ONLINE WITH ME FOR THE PROPER CONFIRMATION?

You sent
I’m here

Agent Ginnete Julian

CAN WE PROCEED?

You sent
Sure

Agent Ginnete Julian
ONCE AGAIN .. CONGRATULATIONS

Agent Ginnete Julian

ARE YOU READY TO CLAIM IT?

You sent
What’s the amount?

You sent
And this is a grant, not a loan, correct?

Agent Ginnete Julian
YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH US SO THAT I CAN HELP YOU TO GET YOUR GRANT. YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL SOME INFORMATION NOW SO WE CAN PROCEED ARE YOU READY TO FILL OUT THE FORMS NOW?

Agent Ginnete Julian

NOT A LOAN?

You sent
If you send me the forms I can fill them out tonight when I get home. I’m at my kids rugby practice

Agent Ginnete Julian
FULL NAME :- ...........
FULL HOME ADDRESS :- .....
TEXT NUMBER........
OCCUPATON :- .........
CASH OR CHECK :- ........
MONTHY INCOME.............
JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION ALONE AND SEND IT TO ME ON HERE?

Agent Ginnete Julian
YOU NEED TO FILL EVERYTHING

Agent Ginnete Julian

FOR HOW LONG WILL YOU BE AT HOME?

You sent
<Snipped>
<Snipped> Ave
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Male
<Snipped>-3202
Unemployed
Cash or check: either
Monthly income: none right now. I’m unemployed (that’s what I need the grant)

Everything’s fake but my name. <Snipped it all, anyway! bware419ers

Agent Ginnete Julian

YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON CAUSE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE VERIFIED AND SAVED INTO OUR DATABASE SYSTEM SO THAT WE CAN OPEN A FILE FOR YOU ON OUR DATABASE SYSTEM AND TO KNOW IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE THE GRANT OKAY.

You sent
Great. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Jason said you helped him a lot. He’s a great guy, by the way, but you probably already know that. I’m going to be able to help a LOT of people with this grant money.

Agent Ginnete Julian

>CONGRATULATION!!!<<

WE HAVE VERIFIED YOUR INFORMATION AND IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE QUALIFY TO RECEIVE THE

EMPOWERMENT GRANT AND YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE THE GOVERNMENT POVERTY BENEFITS AND THE MONEY WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU IN NEXT 8HOURS HOURS IN CASH. CONGRATULATION ONCE AGAIN! CAN WE PROCESSED?

You sent
I’m planning on starting a business to raise money for poor people and also dog adoption.

You sent
How are they going to deliver it in cash?

Agent Ginnete Julian

WINNERS NAME ..... <Snipped> THIS IS YOUR REF NUMBER..990078567 , BATCH NUMBER..9056490602/033 WINNING NUMBER..FB8701/LPRC TICKET NUMBER..85430000 SERIAL NUMBER..875534785.

You sent
Where are you located? Do I need to go pick it up somewhere?

You sent
Also, can you tell me what the amount is of the grant? Jason said he got $35,000 I think.

Jason had actually said he got $25,000, not 35. I want to make him think I’m really on the hook and trying to get “more” of the fake money.

Agent Ginnete Julian replied to you
Original message:
Where are you located? Do I need to go pick it up somewhere?

NO.. YOU.NEED TO STAY AT HOME AND DON'T TELL ANYBODY ABOUT YOUR GRANT FOR SECURITY PURPOSES

Agent Ginnete Julian

YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM THE SUM OF $30,000.00 ) WHICH HAS BEEN DONATED TO YOU AS A GRANT AND FINANCIAL AID BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY IN RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WHITE HOUSE FAITH-BASED AND COMMUNITY INITIATIVES WORKING TO FOSTER GLOBAL MONETARY CORPORATION, SECURE FINANCIAL STABILITY, FACILITATE INTERNATIONAL TRADE, PROMOTE HIGH EMPLOYMENT AND SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC GROWTH, AND REDUCE POVERTY AROUND THE WORLD. AS A RESULT OF THE FEDERAL STIMULUS PROGRAM (AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT OF 2009), AGENCIES HAVE NEW FUNDS AND INCENTIVE TO MAKE AWARDS OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WHICH HAS BEEN CREATED AND AUTHORIZED BY U.S. LAW.\

Haha! 30K. Poor Jason only got 25!

You sent
Wow. I’m really excited about this. I’m not home right now. I’m at my kids sports. When are they coming so I can make sure I’m at home?

Agent Ginnete Julian

HOWEVER, WE DO NOT JUST MAKE USE OF ANY COURIER AGENT BECAUSE OF SECURITY PURPOSE,EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS AND IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SAFE DELIVERY OF PACKAGES. TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SUPPORT AND RESOURCES YOU NEED TO SUCCESSFULLY PURSUE YOUR FUNDING QUEST AND TO HASTEN THE DELIVERY, WE CHARGE A SMALL FEE TO COVER THE ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS OF CLEARANCE AND CASE FILE STAMPING. THE FEE IS YOUR OWN $500 FAIR PRICE TO PAY FOR THE WEALTH OF APPLICATIONS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED (CASE FILE, CLEARANCE FEE AND UNLOCKING FEE ALSO ).

Agent Ginnete Julian

YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH CASE FILE AND UNLOCKING METHOD.. DID YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT?

Fri 4:51 PM
You sent
Hey J-dog - I can believe it. I GOT THE FRICKIN GRANT! 30K!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for hooking me up! Sorry I’ve been out of touch for a while. You are a great friend. THANK YOU AMIGO!

Jason

Glad to hear that.. I'm very happy for you

You sent
They gon’ bring cash to my house. This is nuts. You RULE my homey

You sent
Beers on me next time I’m in Vermont

You sent
Yo Jason, did you have to pay a $500 fee to get the money?

Jason
Yes

You sent
How long after you paid the fee did they give you your grant money?

Jason
Yes, that fee price amount to get the money

You sent
Did you do cash delivery or a check?

You sent
I’m wondering if the fee is just for cash delivery, and if they don’t charge that for just sending me a check

Someone replied to you
Original message:
Yo Jason, did you have to pay a $500 fee to get the money?
No..I got her a gift card

You sent
A gift card? Really? That’s weird

Jason
Ask her how you are going to make the payment to her and she will definitely tell you ?

You sent
Hey man, I need you to float me the $500. I’m overdrawn in my account. I’ll pay you back out of the $30,000 as soon as I get it. Ginnete said it will be in the next 48 hours.

“She” had said 8 hours, not 48. But I want him to think I’m really mistakenly under the impression that I have a few days to pay the “fee.”

Jason
So sorry .. immediately I received the money I put it to my checking account?

Jason
I can only afford to give you $200 .go and look for the balance and paid to her

You sent
Wait, you got $25,000 and you’re down to your last $200? What happened to the money?

Seriously, I’ll pay you back as soon as they bring me the cash. And I’ll throw in another $500 for your help. So you’ll make 500 profit in a couple days. It’ll be a Win/Win for us both. And thanks again my brotha- you have totally saved my ass here. I’ve been hella broke!

Jason
You ask me to me many questions at a time? I just told you I sent the money to my checking account Which means I want to.use the money for a great business..I have already told you what I can help you with?

You sent
I just need you to loan me $500 for two days, to pay the delivery fee, and then I’ll pay you back + another $500 ($1000 total) as soon as I get the grant money in the next 48 hours

Jason
I’m sorry I don’t have

Jason
I only have $200 to give you ?

You sent
Srsly? Okay, I’ll try to borrow the other 300 from somebody else. I can’t believe you blew through $25,000 so fast. You’re a quick spender, bro-ham!

Anyway, yeah, if you could Venmo me the 200, that would be a big help, and I’ll still pay u back double. I’ll call you tonight - I gotta get Lil Ricky home from rugby. He got bashed in the face and has a bloody nose. No tears, though. He’s a tough kid

Fri 5:42 PM
You sent
Hi Ms. Julian,
Can you just have them take $500 out of the $30,000 they’re bringing me?

Agent Ginnete Julian
NOT POSSIBLE..WE CAM DO THAT..

Agent Ginnete Julian
THE FEE NEED TO BE PAID FROM YOU?

Agent Ginnete Julian

TRY YOUR POSSIBLE BEST TO LOOK FOR A WAY TO GET THE THE MONEY TO.PAY?

Fri 6:17 PM
You sent
Who do I have to pay the money to? Do I do it online or do I pay them when they deliver the grant money?

Fri 6:51 PM
You sent
Hi Agent Julian,
I’m home now, but I know it’s after business hours so I guess we’ll get back in touch tomorrow. I think I should be able to pay the 500K fee tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help. You’re an excellent agent. Have a great night!

Sat 9:25 AM
You sent
Hey Jason? How’s it hangin? So I need to get that 200 smackers from you today, to help pay my fee. I’m gonna have my cousin’s doula swing by your house this afternoon to get it. Then she can put it in my bank account so I can pay the government thugs. And thanks again. Bro. I really appreciate it

Fri 9:31 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian

HELLO?

Agent Ginnete Julian

IS THERE ANY NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET US A GOGGLE PLAY CARD OF $500 OR STEAM CARD OF $500?

Original message:
Who do I have to pay the money to? Do I do it online or do I pay them wh…

YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU AND PURCHASE A GOGGLE OR STEAM CARD OF $500 ..I HOPE.YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT?

Fri 10:06 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian
HELLO DEAR WINNER?

Agent Ginnete Julian

Agent Ginnete Julian replied to themself

This is your grant money?

Sat 7:03 AM
Agent Ginnete Julian

GOOD MORNING DEAR WINNER..ARE YOU READY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT NOW?

Sat 8:04 AM
You sent
I just woke up. I’m planning on paying today, but I have to get the money. The banks don’t even open til 9

Agent Ginnete Julian
OKAY

Agent Ginnete Julian

IS THERE ANY NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET US A GOGGLE PLAY CARD OF $500 OR STEAM CARD OF $500?

Sat 8:25 AM
You sent
Hi Agent Julian,
Do you know anything about bloody noses? My son’s nose is still kinda needing from last night. He got injured at his rugby rehearsal. Do I need to take him to the doctor or can I wait longer to see if it stops. I don’t know if bloody nose doctor visits count as free Obamacare appointments

You sent
I figured since you’re in the government you might know

Sat 8:51 AM
Agent Ginnete Julian
TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL?

Agent Ginnete Julian
IS THERE ANY NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET US A STEAM OR GOGGLE PLAY CARD OF $500

Agent Ginnete Julian

PLEASE YOU NEED TO BE FAST ABOUT THE PAYMENT .SO WE CAN BE ON OUR WAY TO DELIVER YOUR GRANT MONEY TO YOU?

Sat 9:15 AM
You sent
Hi Agent Julian.
I’m not sure about the hospital because I don’t want to get hit with a huge medical bill if bloody noses don’t count as Obamacare. I changed out his snot rag and he’s still bleeding but I think it’s less than last night. Hopefully it’s not that he’s running out of blood. If it doesn’t stop by lunch, I’ll bring him to one of those cheapo clinics. Do you know what time they’re planning on delivering my grant money? I don’t want to be at the cheapo clinic with my son (we call him Lil Ricky but his name is just Ricky) and then if I’m not home they leave and I never get my grant money. That would be horrible

Agent Ginnete Julian

WHEN ARE YOU MAKING THE PAYMENT?

You sent
You said 48 hours. Are they coming today or is it tomorrow even though tomorrow is Sunday. And then Monday’s Labor Day. But I don’t need to tell you that - you’re a government agent

You sent
I have to get the money together first

You sent
My friend Jason is gonna loan me 200 of it

NOT 48 HOURS

Agent Ginnete Julian

I MEAN 8 HOURS

You sent
But I have to get the rest

You sent
Oh wow. 8 hours? Okay, I have to get on this!

Original message:
But I have to get the rest

WHEN ARE YOU SENDING THE GIFT CARD ?

You sent
Jason said he paid you work gift cards. Is that true?

You sent
That was supposed to say Jason paid you WITH gift cards. I’m a terrible typer

Original message:
Jason said he paid you work gift cards. Is that true?
YES . I'M WAITING FOR YOU TO MAKE THE PAYMENT SO WE CAN BE ON OUR WAY TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS?

Agent Ginnete Julian

IS THERE NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET THAT?

You sent
You take gift cards? Cool!! My son has a $100 gift card to Forever 21 and I also have a $50 Cheesecake Factory and a couple Starbucks cards. But I have to check them for the amount. I think I bought a couple Frappuccino’s with them

Original message:
You take gift cards? Cool!! My son has a $100 gift card to Forever 21 an…
DID YOU HAVE THE CARD WITH YOU NOW ?

Agent Ginnete Julian
PLEASE I'M NOT HERE TO WAIST MUCH OF YOUR TIME ..YOU NEED TO MAKE THE PAYMENT TODAY ..SO I CAN BE ON MY WAY TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS

Agent Ginnete Julian

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT?

You sent
I’m working on borrowing the money to pay you. I can pay some of it with the Forever 21 card. (That’s girl clothes anyway, and Ricky is DEFINITELY a boy. He got it as a gift from his mother’s parents. They’re kinda senile) But I’m still short on the $500. I have a few people I can ask for it though, just give me an hour to get this all together. Thanks!!!!

Original message:
I’m working on borrowing the money to pay you. I can pay some of it with…
OKAY..AS SOON AS YOU HAVE THE CARD LET ME KNOW OKAY?

Agent Ginnete Julian
PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR SON?

Agent Ginnete Julian

I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK?

You sent
Thank you Dear Agent
I really appreciate it

Agent Ginnete Julian

I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK?

Sat 10:25 AM
You sent
Agent Julian- Looks like I might be able to get one of the ladies next door to give me the fee dough. But she has a question. Are there any more grants? I didn’t get the last one did I? How many more are they. And are they all for 30 Large, or is it a different amount for different people. I think she wants to apply for one. And then she’ll also loan e the money for my fee. She’s really nice and in my opinion totally deserves a grant. She’’d do a lot of good things with it. Mostly to help the community. Her name is Mrs. Streissand. Maybe it’s just one S. I’m not sure of the spelling. She goes by the nickname Babs.

Agent Ginnete Julian
DID YOU MEAN YOU HAVE A FRIENDS WHO WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM..

Agent Ginnete Julian
GIVE HER MY LINK PAGE AND TELL HER TO MESSAGE ME?

Agent Ginnete Julian
DID YOU HABE MY LINK PAGE?

Agent Ginnete Julian

<FB Link Removed>

Agent Ginnete Julian
Government organization

Original message:
<FB Link Removed>

SEND THIS TO HER AND TELL HER TO MESSAGE ME NOW OKAY?

You sent
Yeah. Her name is Babs. She lives next door with her sister. (I THINK it’s her sister, but they might be a couple. )

Agent Ginnete Julian

ARE YOU READY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT NOW

You sent
Hi Agent,
Babs wants to apply for a grant. But she doesn’t have a Facebook account. She’s one of those older people who “doesn’t do the internet”. She still uses one of those old phones with no apps. It’s literally just a phone. Can I apply for her? And also, if we get our deliveries at the same time, could we use the same $500 fee, or does it still have to be $500 for each person? (Obviously this is only if she gets approved for a grant of her own)

Original message:
Hi Agent,
Babs wants to apply for a grant. But she doesn’t have a Facebo…
OKAY..YOU CAN'T APPLY FOR HER OKAY..

Agent Ginnete Julian

ARR YOU READY TO MAKE YOUR OWN PAYMENT NOW?

You sent
I can’t apply for her? She’s going to be disappointed. Hopefully she’ll still loan me the money for my fee.

Agent Ginnete Julian

OKAY..DID SHE HAVE A NUMBER

You sent
A number? What do you mean?

Agent Ginnete Julian
Okay

Agent Ginnete Julian
I MEAN A TEXT NUMBER

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU WANNA APPLY FOR HER?

Sat 10:28 AM
You sent
J- dog I might not need the 200 from you. I think my neighbor Babs is going to give me the whole 500. But I’m not sure yet. So I might still need you to kick in the 200 clams like we talked about

Sat 10:47 AM
Jason
Good morning

Jason
I have already make the payment to the agent woman this morning!

Jason
Any good news yet

Jason
I have already sent her the gift card this morning

Jason
Go and make the payment to her

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU WANNA APPLY FOR HER?

Sat 11:07 AM
You sent
Yes, I want to apply for her. I can get you her info. Let me go talk to her

You sent
I mean it’s HER application. Not mine. I don’t want to do something that could cancel my own grant. It’s just that we need to send you her info from my Facebook Messenger because she doesn’t have one

Agent Ginnete Julian
OKAY .

Agent Ginnete Julian
WHEN ARE YOU MAKING YOUR PAYMENT?

Agent Ginnete Julian
HAVE YOU GET THE MONEY YET TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN FEE?

Agent Ginnete Julian

STOP WAISTING MY TIME?

This is fun. He’s starting to get really frustrated.

You sent
I’m borrowing the money from Babs

You sent
Waisting your time? What are you talking about?

Agent Ginnete Julian
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON MY WAY NOW TO YOUR DOORSTEP

Now Agent Julian was going to be personally bringing the cash to me. It’s no longer a delivery person.

Agent Ginnete Julian

GO AND GET THE GIFT CARD I ASK YOU ..OR DID YOU WANT ME TO CANCEL THE GRANT

You sent
I told you I don’t have the 500 dollars for the Fee, and for some weird reason, they won’t just deduct it from my $30,000. I have to borrow it from someone.

You sent
Obviously I don’t want to to cancel it

Original message:
Obviously I don’t want to to cancel it

OKAY..SO WHEN WILL YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY?

You sent
I have to get the money from Babs. I feel like suddenly you’re getting mad at me and I don’t know why!

Original message:
I have to get the money from Babs. I feel like suddenly you’re getting m…
I'M NOT..

Agent Ginnete Julian

OKAY ..DID SHE WANTS TO APPLY ALSO?

You sent
Let me go talk to her and get the money, but she also want me to apply for a grant for her. So I have to get her full name and income and stuff

Agent Ginnete Julian
OKAY..

Agent Ginnete Julian

WHAT IT'S HER NAME

Original message:
WHAT IT'S HER NAME

?

You sent
It’s Babs Strisand but let me go talk to her to get the exact spelling and all the other info you need, like her phone number

Agent Ginnete Julian

PROVIDE HER DETAILS ..LEY ME CHECK IF SHE QUALIFY FOR THE GRANT

You sent
Babs is out walking her dogs. She has a Shitzu and an English Mastiff. I’m guessing she’ll be back in about 15 minutes. I’ll talk to her as soon as she’s back home

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PAYMENT HOW

Agent Ginnete Julian

THE EARLIER YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT ..THE EARLIER I BE ON MY WAY

You sent
Babs is back with the dogs. I’m gonna go talk to her now

Sat 12:09 PM
You sent
Damn, girl! That took FOREVER! Babs is a talker. Okay, so here's the deal. She wants to apply for one grant for herself, and one for her "friend" who she lives with. Minnie. I don't think Minnie is her sister. So what she wants to do is have me apply for a separate grant for her, and one for Minnie. And then she'll pay the $1500 for the delievery fees for all three of us. (500 + 500 + 500 = $1500). But she also wants to know if ALL of the grants are for 30,000 each, or if they're different amounts?

Sat 12:47 PM
You sent
Barbara Joan Streisand
4584 Hazeltine Ave
DD
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Female
818-879-6877
Retired Fluffer, On-set technician
Cash or check: Either, but Cash is preferred
Monthly income: $6,000/mo. Stipend + donations

Minerva McGonagall
<Snipped> Ave
DD
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Female
<Snipped>
Deputy Headmistress
Cash or check: Cash preferred

Monthly income: Approx. 8500/month

Minerva is Professor McGonagall’s name from the Harry Potter books. A little literary humor!

You sent
Babs says that Minnie will go to the bank on her way home from work, and withdraw the money for our fees. But she wants to make sure she and Minnie (Minerva) are both approved for grants. Can you apply for them?

Agent Ginnete Julian

YES

You sent
Thanks. Let me know if they’re approved. They’re really nice lesbians, and very kindly neighbors.

You sent
Also, my friend Jason Beims (he sometimes goes as “The Beemer”) says he sent you $200 of my fee this morning. So that would mean I only owe $300 now. Can you check?

Agent Ginnete Julian
YES..OKAY

Agent Ginnete Julian

I RECEIVED IT?

So now he’s gonna get $200 less, but he doesn’t care. With my two neighbors, our scammer is about to get $1300 from me!!!!

Sat 12:51 PM
You sent
Oh hey man. I just saw this note from you. You sent her $200 for me? She didn’t tell me about it. I wonder if she’s planning on keeping your 200 bucks! Thanks bro, I’ll pay you back. I think I’ll be getting my money later today

Sat 1:29 PM
You sent
Yo Jay-Jizzle, Agent Ginnete sez she got your 200 cabbages. So I guess she’s not gonna steal it after all LOL (that means “laugh out loud”) Thanks again homeslice. Man, I’m so excited to get my Grant Money, I’ve been walkin around all day with a chubbie all day. 30K is aLOT of money to me right now. I also might be able to get grants for the two rich ladies next door, so imma be way popular on my street after this. King of <snipped>, dawg, so don’t f w/me haha. And don’t worry - I’m gonna pay you back $400 like I promised. I’m so glad we’re back in touch, pal

Sat 1:33 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian

HELLO?

You sent
Hi

Agent Ginnete Julian
HAVE YOU GET THE CARD YET?

Agent Ginnete Julian

YOUR FRIEND QUALITY FOR THE SUM OF $20,000

You sent
Are they both getting 20,000, or just one of them? There are two of them: Babs and Minnie (Barbra and Minerva)

You sent
Minnie is going to get the money on her way home from work. She works a some kind of a school for gifted people. She usually gets home late afternoon

Agent Ginnete Julian

TWO OF THEM QUALITY FOR THE GRANT?

You sent
So 20,00 for each of them?

Agent Ginnete Julian

YES?

You sent
I’m lucky that I got approved for 30. Maybe they give less to women because of the gender gap. That makes sense

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID SHE KNOW HOE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT FOR DELIVERY FEE?

You sent
Anyway they’ll be really happy.

Agent Ginnete Julian

?

You sent
She’s just gonna give me $1500, end then I can give the money to the FedEx man, unless you still need me to go buy some Gift Cards. I’ll do whatever you think is best

Sat 2:01 PM
You sent
I just told Babs that she and Minnie both got approved for 20K grants. She hugged me for like a full minute! You have made 3 people VERY happy. Sounds like you have a pretty fun job, giving away US Government grant money and making peoples dreams come true. We’re all super grateful for your help with the applications. I’ll let you know when Minnie gets home with the money this afternoon. And then you can tell me what to do with the $1300 (remember J-dog already paid 200 of my fee) Thanks, Ginny! Talk to you in a couple hours :-• XO

Agent Ginnete Julian
OKAY.. CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU GUYS.

Agent Ginnete Julian

IS THERE ANY NEAREST STORE AROUND YOU

You sent
There’s lots of stores. There’s a Pleasure Chest a couple blocks away. And a mini mall with a Piggly Wiggly and a Spearmint Rhino

You sent
I also still have my son’s Forever 21 card if you can take that one

Original message:
I also still have my son’s Forever 21 card if you can take that one
CAN YOU TAKE A PICTURES OF THE CARD YOU AND TALKING ABOUT AND LET ME SEE THAT NOW?

Agent Ginnete Julian

HOW MUCH IS THAT?

Agent Ginnete Julian

HAVE YOU EVER GO TO A STORE TO PURCHASE A GIFT CARD BEFORE?

You sent
I don’t usually buy a lot of gift cards but it should be too hard. Is there something I need to know?

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU HAVE CASHAPP TO MAKE THE PAYMENT

You sent
​​No. Do I need that app when I go to the store?

You sent
I’ve never needed to use it before. Is that a new thing?

Agent Ginnete Julian
OKAY NOW LISTEN AND LISTENING GOOD?

Agent Ginnete Julian
YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE NEAREST STORE WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE A GIFT CARD OF $1300 IT EITHER GOGGLE PLAY CARD OR STEAM CARD .. RAZOR GOLD GIFT CARD.. ANYONE OUT THE THREE?

Agent Ginnete Julian
*5*5*3

Agent Ginnete Julian
$500 IN TWO PLACES AND $300 IN ONE?

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID YOU UNDERSTAND?

You sent
Coolio. I’ll hit the store as soon as Minnie comes home with the money.

Original message:
Coolio. I’ll hit the store as soon as Minnie comes home with the money.

WHERE DID SHE GO TO?

You sent
She’s still at work. She’s going to take the money from her bank account on her way home. I think it’s CitiBank

Original message:
She’s still at work. She’s going to take the money from her bank account…

Omoiyami

You sent
?

Agent Ginnete Julian

WHAT IT'S THE ETA

You sent
What does Omoiyami mean?

Original message:
What does Omoiyami mean?

ERROR TYPO?

You sent
Oh.

Agent Ginnete Julian

YER?

You sent
I’ll message you when she gets home with the do ray mee

Agent Ginnete Julian

WE NEED A PICTURES OF YOU AND YOUR PARTNERS

Agent Ginnete Julian

ANY I'D CARD TO ATTACHED TO YOUR GRANT MONEY?

Sat 5:34 PM
You sent
Howdy Agent Julian. My neighbor just got back with the cash. I just have to give my son his bath and massage. (His nose is bleeding way less now - Yay!!!) and then I’m gonna head over to the store to buy the gift card. Talk to you soon

Sat 6:08 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian

HELLO?

Sat 6:31 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian

ARE YOU BACK FROM THE STORE?

You sent
Hi Agent. I’m at the store and they want to know if I want a Point Of Sale card (POS) or a Secure Card. The secure card just has a chip so that no one can steal the numbers off the card. Only the person with the physical card can use it. That sounds safer. But if you’re a POS only(that’s the regular card with the numbers printed on it) let me know. I’m about to buy it

Agent Ginnete Julian

BUY THE GIFT CARD AND SEND WITH THE RECEIPT?

You sent
Are you a POS or should I get the Secure Card

You sent
(Secure card has no numbers. Just a chip)

Agent Ginnete Julian

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN TO YOU?

You sent
But which card should I get? Chip-only, or are you a POS where you need numbers on the card?

Original message:
But which card should I get? Chip-only, or are you a POS where you need numbers on the card?
YES .. NUMBERS OF THE CARD?

Agent Ginnete Julian
EITHER GOGGLE OR STEAM OR RAZOR GOLD?

Agent Ginnete Julian

DID THEY HAVE ANY OF THIS?

You sent
Okay. I told him you said you’re a POS. I’m buying the card now. $1300. I’ll text you when I get home

You sent
It’s Goggle

At first I thought it was a typo, but the guy keeps calling it “Goggle” instead of “Google”. Wow. Just, wow.

You sent
Talk to you soon

Agent Ginnete Julian

OKAY..MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE IT AMD THE RECEIPT?

Agent Ginnete Julian

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Sat 7:10 PM
Agent Ginnete Julian
HELLO..ARE YOU STILL HERE WITH ME?

Agent Ginnete Julian
ARE YOU READY TO SEND THE CARD NOW?

Agent Ginnete Julian

HAVE YOU GOTTEN HOME?

Agent Ginnete Julian

?

5:59 AM
Jason

Good morning

Jason
Any good news yet?

9:16 AM
You sent
Ginny, I got your number: 867-5309

Original message:
ARE YOU READY TO SEND THE CARD NOW?

?

You sent
Nope!

Well that's it! If you actually read this whole thing, I'm super grateful to you. Took me a little while to get my sea legs on in, but I'm hoping other people think some if it is funny. I had several good laughs doing it. And I hope that I "waisted" enough of this scammer's time that maybe at least one potential victim got spared while he we dealing with me.

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Proud of my very first SCAM BAIT (Whatcha all think?)

Post by bware419ers » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:37 pm

I did a bit of editing and snipping. We reserve the color green for Mod use. Additionally, your friend is an ITP and their surname was removed, as was yours to protect you. You might have a look at the Eater Rules for additional explanations. We also caution against ever baiting from anything connected to your real life. When you do engage from something like a social media account, you connect the scammer to everyone in your circle.
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

swami17
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by swami17 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:26 pm

Thank you for your suggestions and cautions! I'm new to this sport. I had planned on rubbing the scammer's face in it at the end. ("Haha you scumbag scammer, I wasted your time...etc.") but opted for just disappearing at the end so that he probably just thought I got wise to the scam just before giving him the gift card numbers. That way, hopefully, he'd just move on disappointed, rather than having a vested interest in trying to get revenge on me. At this point, it's been a few weeks, and I haven't seen anything on my FB or other socials that looks like any kind of response from the scammer, so it looks like I'm in the clear. But yeah, in the future better safe than sorry on that. I'm psyched that this has been published in such amazing company. (A lot of other brilliant scam baits in the forum. Pretty addicting reading!)

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:15 am

You definitely made the better choice by not "burning" your lad - we don't want to teach them that we know they are scammers, because once they get over their frustration they'll ask a dangerous question: "How did they know I was a scammer?" We really don't want them to learn and grow in their craft, so we NEVER burn a lad by taunting him for being a scammer. The worst thing we could do is make a scammer think about how he can be more subtle, crafty or realistic... right?

Here's another fantastic reason not to burn a lad.

Hopefully you've seen this already? -- it's a fantastic place to pick up great information.

Addicting??? Never. I've been doing this almost TEN YEARS and I can stop ANY TIME I want!!1! Just because I haven't yet doesn't mean I'm addicted. I know lots of people on this forum who spend hours and hours baiting lads and coming up with more sinister ways of wasting their time, but it doesn't ... mean ...

Oh who am I kidding. Yeah, it's addicting :D
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff