Woman Lost $30k To "Astronaut" Scammer Who Needed Cash To Return Home

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Woman Lost $30k To "Astronaut" Scammer Who Needed Cash To Return Home

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:10 pm

https://www.iflscience.com/woman-lost-3 ... home-65690

Remember Nigerian Astronaut Air Force Major Abacha Tunde? Still in orbit after 32 years.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

Myon359
Master of Master Baiters
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Re: Woman Lost $30k To "Astronaut" Scammer Who Needed Cash To Return Home

Post by Myon359 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:26 pm

I looked at my calendar, and was quite disappointed to see it wasn't April 1st. My goodness, if this astronaut were actually out there, this would be headline news everywhere.
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan

Annabel
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Re: Woman Lost $30k To "Astronaut" Scammer Who Needed Cash To Return Home

Post by Annabel » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:01 am

This is a good reminder that even the more "out-there" scams do catch real-life victims. No bait is a waste of time. (Well, it's a waste of time for the lads. ;)) I'm glad the victim figured out what was going on and reported it.

As for the lad, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said a million times before, but... well, they've been said a million times for a reason. Manipulating someone into thinking you're in love with them is despicable. Scamming in general is despicable.

It was brave of the victim to contact the police. Once you realize you've been scammed -- especially with a scam like this -- you tend to feel a lot of shame about it. You don't want to admit it to anyone. You don't even want to admit it to yourself, which is one of the reasons scams like this can go on for so long. Good on this woman for having the bravery and integrity to get out when she did, and to report it instead of deciding to keep it a "shameful" secret.