**News Articles to Share - Includes Obituaries**

News items and topics not related to baiting.
Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: **News Articles to Share - Includes Obituaries**

Post by Kitty La Gore » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:49 am

Nigerian banks releasing new Naira designs ahead of schedule (tomorrow rather than mid-December), and all citizens must trade in their hoarded cash for the new bills by January.

https://dailytrust.com/buhari-to-unveil ... wednesday/

This is a move toward collecting counterfeit notes and regulating the economy, but will impact many people outside of cities who do not trust the banks and tend to have piles of cash at home. Traveling with cash will be dangerous, if they are convinced of the need to do it. If not, their hoarded wealth will likely be worthless. This will impact a lot of older people in Nigeria, unfortunately.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:54 pm

REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Police text 70,000 victims in UK's biggest anti-fraud operation
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63736573
iSpoof breakthrough
The mammoth cyber fraud operation began when police in the Netherlands bugged a website that allowed fraudsters to make anonymous phone calls from spoof numbers, posing as bank employees.
The iSpoof website, which has since been taken down by the FBI, crucially allowed scammers to access one-time passcodes and passwords, detectives said.
I understood that number spoofing was easy, and hadn't realised that this particular scam was so organised.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:17 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI

Inspector Gadget
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 20 Feb 2007

Post by Inspector Gadget » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:34 pm

Press Release from the UK's City of London Police.
https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/news ... in-prison/

That seems a long sentence, must have been well deserved. He has been mentioned on this website before.

edit to add a better news report with some of his previous history

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... years.html

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:31 pm

^^^There are also great mentions of the "Take Five to Stop Fraud" campaign. Over the last several years, they have put out great educational information to help prevent fraud and teach others to recognize the signs they may be falling for a scam!

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jun 2008

Post by Mr Tambourine Man » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:37 pm

Inspector Gadget wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:34 pm Press Release from the UK's City of London Police.
https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/news ... in-prison/

That seems a long sentence, must have been well deserved. He has been mentioned on this website before
UK prisoners are automatically released halfway through if they have behaved themselves., but with conditions that if broken can result in recall.
is always Good when you have the zeal to be a hitwoman when you out of school,it makes you bold and reall and it makes you more high than any other of your friend.
This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.
i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me
we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Open a sliver account: $1,000 to win and gain a maximum capital of $10,000

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:46 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Two Hattiesburg track-and-field athletes face up to 10 years in prison after confessing to an international money scam that targeted track-and-field athletes throughout the U.S.

Read more at: https://www.sunherald.com/news/local/cr ... rylink=cpy
Recovery room scammers pose as online agencies that offer to help scam victims recover their funds - for an upfront fee.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/12/20/man- ... room-scam/
A Texas man appeared in federal court to admit his role in a months-long romance scam against a St. Louis woman.

https://fox4kc.com/news/missouri-news/m ... uri-woman/

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:53 pm

The fraud schemes took several forms. Many of the victims were widowed, single, or divorced elderly women who developed relationships with fake suitors on dating websites as part of so-called “romance scams.” The women were then convinced to wire money, which often consisted of their entire retirement savings and cash taken out from home equity to bank accounts in the United States as part of a supposed investment opportunity. The conspirators also defrauded title companies with fake cashier’s checks in phony real estate transactions, leaving the companies on the hook for the losses once the checks bounced. Other victims included businesses targeted by email spoofing and hacking schemes, as well as law firms that were solicited online to perform legal work and then provided fake cashier’s checks for deposit into the firms’ trust accounts.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdfl/pr/ca ... -sentenced

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:29 pm

Stergo repeatedly demanded the victim deposit money into her bank accounts, saying if he didn’t they would be frozen and he would never get his money back. Prosecutors say Stergo also created a fake email address, claiming to belong to a TD Bank employee, along with fake letters and invoices.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... -feds-say/

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Valentine's Day News for those in Online Relationships!
According to separate indictments, 42-year-old Solomon Wilfred of Coon Rapids and 36-year-old Dodzi Kordorwu of Brooklyn Park took part in online romance fraud schemes that targeted mainly elderly victims around the country.
https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/02/ ... y-victims/
Prosecutors said Ojikutu helped lead a multi-year fraud scheme carried out by scammers in the U.S. and Nigeria. The schemers targeted elderly victims through fake online romances, and persuaded the victims to send money after building trust.
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/ma ... ance-scam/
A Houston, TX, woman who admitted to a federal judge in Providence, RI, that she collected and banked more than $1.26 million of the more than $2.5 million she and co-conspirators bilked from the unsuspecting victims of internet-based “romance scams” that they executed, was sentenced today to 78 months in federal prison, announced United States Attorney Zachary A. Cunha.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ri/pr/texa ... 26-million
An Indiana woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury in Rhode Island, charged with perpetrating an online romance scam that allegedly defrauded a 96-year-old Coventry widower of approximately $80,000, announced United States Attorney Zachary A. Cunha.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ri/pr/indi ... 6-year-old
Harrison Ojobor, 44, and his accomplice Khalid Rajah, 73, were handed their sentences after deceiving two women, one from Durham, out of a total of more than £200,000 in a case of romance fraud.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... nce-fraud/

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Fatter Siam
Flabbergasted Nonentity
Original Eater Join Date: 01 Jun 2007

Mod Awarded Icons

Post by Fatter Siam » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:33 pm

Money Launderer Sentenced for $8 Million Romance Scam Fraud Scheme

BOSTON – A Massachusetts man was sentenced today in federal court in Boston for his role in a fraud scheme that stole more than $8 million from hundreds of romance scam victims.

Kofi Osei, 30, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Indira Talwani to 54 months in prison and two years of supervised release. Osei was also ordered to pay $4,122,558 in restitution and forfeiture. In September 2022, Osei pleaded guilty to seven counts of making a false statement to a bank, six counts of wire fraud and two counts of money laundering.

Between 2016 and 2020, Osei opened at least 77 bank accounts using fake passports in others’ names and then received and quickly withdrew proceeds obtained from fraud victims. The victims, often elderly, were the targets of romance scams. Osei’s co-conspirators created and used fictious online dating profiles to capitalize on the victims’ desire for companionship, gain their trust and direct victims to transfer money based on lies. Osei coordinated with his co-conspirators to receive the fraud proceeds into the bank accounts he opened. Osei then withdrew the fraud proceeds in cash or with a cashier’s check, sending a portion back to his co-conspirators. In total, the money-laundering scheme received more than $8 million in fraud proceeds, $4 million of which went directly into accounts that Osei opened and controlled.

United States Attorney Rachael S. Rollins; Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Boston Division; Ketty Larco-Ward, Inspector in Charge of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Boston Division; and Michael J. Krol, Special Agent in Charge of Homeland Security Investigations in New England made the announcement. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kristen A. Kearney and Christopher J. Markham of Rollins’ Securities, Financial & Cyber Fraud Unit prosecuted the case.
Updated March 22, 2023

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/mone ... aud-scheme
Asking for your enlistment before sending the necessary fees can be likened to putting the cat before the horse. Between the chicken and the hen, which one comes first. - Mr Alex
WE HAVE JUST BEEN RIGMAROLLING WITHOUT MAKING ANY PROGRESS. - Mr. Alex (after the 4th bank account)
You seem not to be very intelligent, It is frustrating and I hate clients who are not focussed. (after 5th account and a dollah chop)

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:14 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:10 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Post by Myon359 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:06 pm

Delhi Police have arrested two Nigerian nationals for allegedly making fake profiles on matrimonial websites and duping many women of millions on the pretext of sending over expensive gifts.

The accused, Chife Monday (27), and Igwemma James (33), revealed to the police that they have duped over 700 women over the last four years...
https://www.nairaland.com/7667774/two-n ... sted-india
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon May 15, 2023 12:02 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 179958007/

I will note that NFCU and WF now kill more accounts than they did in past years, but they could both certainly be much better in other areas.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Tue May 23, 2023 1:04 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:59 pm

For those not aware, more and more lads are dipping into Romance scams. Whether they lead to a broad money mule network or further into pig butchering, it's become highly profitable for the scammers and downright costly for the victims.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... -rcna85252
Jones, 54, spent his career working in telecommunications and cybersecurity in the Silicon Valley area. Yet, he had fallen for an internet scam that experts say has grown more potent — and appears increasingly connected to self-harm...

Scams that once bilked victims out of hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars through gift cards are now increasingly convincing them to move their investment and retirement accounts into phony investment schemes.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:13 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:29 pm

I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:56 am

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:11 pm

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

jayhawk
Not quite a Newb
Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by jayhawk » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:42 am

Robbie Robertson of The Band has died at the age of 80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:44 pm

https://apnews.com/article/bob-barker-d ... f4cd6907f4

"Help control the pet population; have your pet spayed or neutered."

Or else.

Rest in peace, Bob.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant