I got Illumunati money!

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
styroman
Hello, I'm Looking Around
I got Illumunati money!

Post by styroman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:00 pm

I'm not a pro baiter, but when I received an Instagram message to join the illuminati for fame and fortune, how could I ignore?
Everything starts as predictable:
The IG account gives me a whatsapp number to contact. I contacted them through whatsapp where I began conversation with Grand Master William. For three days, we had back and forth conversation about the significance of Baphoment and Satanic worship in the Illuminati (of course). Eventually, he explained that he would need a contribution to the temple in order to complete my initiation. He wanted $5k sent through cash app. I assured him that it was no problem and would be done. I claimed to have trouble getting the money into the app.

Grand Master wanted proof that my money has made it into the app. I took a screenshot of the cash app account balance page and photoshopped "$5000.00" into the balance and sent him that. He believed it and sent me his Cash tag: YvngNuahsar.
I know I shouldn't have let him know my cashtag, but after sending him a request of $5000.00 (hoping he'd be dumb enough to accept) he began to get frustrated. I sent photoshopped screenshots showing, with time visible in screenshot, my balance showing $5k, a fake transfer confirmation to his cashtag, and a new balance in my account of $0. The times in the images were sequential. He thanked me and gave me a 'membership ID number'.

Eventually, he was confused as to why he didn't receive the transaction. I got quiet for a day. The next morning, I get a whatsapp message from a new number explaining she is Mia St John of the Illuminati and for the Grand Master, she wants to find out what went wrong and teach me how to use cashapp to send the $5k. I assured her that the money was already sent and that I had no reason to believe she was who she says she is. To prove her identity, she sends a video of her introducing herself stating her 'real name' and her Illuminati name (because they provided a new identity).
She then sends me a photo of her driver's license. Initially, I assume these are AI generated, but was unable to prove that there was any digital simulation or alteration to the sent picture and video. Her face in the video matched the driver's license. The license address and name exist through truepeoplesearch and her whatsapp number does reverse-number-search to that same name that's on the ID as well. She tells me that through cashapp, I can convert my $5k to bitcoin and send it to the temple. I alter a couple screenshots that look like purchase confirmation of $5k worth of bitcoin through cashapp. This gets her to send me her bitcoin address: bc1qh2y9c0mtyvxgm3qajl88562zx46arlgwszq2qs

I ask Grand Master if she's legit. He says she does work for him and he was using her to assist me with the transfer. I asked him for the bitcoin address since I was ready to send. He gives me a different address.
114ykdYY8GCKi1rHoYRxv15fTLKYSSjZ7v

I can't help but check BlockChain.com and see the volume going through these addresses. They're pushing some serious coin! I couldn't believe it. I was so astonished at the success of their scam I took a few days off to ghost them. I deleted whatsapp. After a week or so, I found a bored enough moment to redownload it and send 'Mia' a message. I explain that I came into hardship: raised rent, gasoline, utilities, car broke down, daughter doctor trips, dad cancer medication payments and I had I lost my spare $5k in addition to a new debt for a $5k short term loan I took. I explained this short term loan is very high interest and now I barely have enough money to pay the interest because I miscalculated my loan terms. I said I have to pay everything to the loan and now I'm too broke to join the illuminati. She advises that I should tell the Grand Master.

I tell the Grand Master why I'm broke. He feigns compassion.

I explain that I'm so broke that I have enough gas in my car to "probably make it to wendnedsay, but then I have to start asking people to borrow money because then I can't get to work". He asks when my next pay day is and assures me he will do what it takes to ease my pain. He says that through getting to know me, he knows he can trust me and Baphomet has advised him to trust me. He says once my initiation is complete, he's going to send me $920,000 through Paypal. I said I don't have the money to finish initiation, I just need $70 for a tank of gas. He says let's touch base Wednesday and he will send me the money for gas. He asks how much I expect to pay to my short term loan through the next month. I said "$1500".

He says that on my next pay day, I should be able to afford sending $1200 to complete my initiation which would welcome me to the $920,000 salary and the lump sum would then pay off my loan. He assured me completing my initiation is significantly more important than my loan because it would open the doors of the temple to me and the funds to me. I agree. We spend a couple days playing Satanist. He asks me to pray and watch some satanic youtube videos, meditate, etc. I check my instagram insight tools and see that I now have profile views from Nigeria (of course) that weren't there before.

Wednesday evening, he asks about my gas situation. My real life car really was low on gas and I sent a photo of my dash that showed I had 1/8 tank of gas in my car and I had a 40 minute commute from work to home. My gas light came on by the time I got home and I sent him a photo of that too. He assured me he would send me the money "within five hours" so I can buy gas. We don't speak for the rest of the evening.
This morning, I awake with $80 in my cashapp account sent from his original cashtag YvngNuahsar. I couldn't believe he sent me a normal valid transaction with no suspicious links, he never asked for my driver's license, social security or anything to steal my identity. I don't believe he has enough information to steal my identity and create credit lines under my identity. I pulled the money from cash app and bought gas with it. I sent him my thanks, he reminded me that he will always be there for me and that after I send the $1200 my next pay day, he will transfer the $920,000 to begin my work with them.

He thinks he's bought my trust, but my perspective is that I might have enough of his trust, to get him to click something malicious and begin efforts to harvest his bitcoin private keys. Too optimistic?

osc
Not quite a Newb
Original Eater Join Date: 31 May 2023

Re: I got Illumunati money!

Post by osc » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:11 am

styroman wrote:This morning, I awake with $80 in my cashapp account sent from his original cashtag YvngNuahsar. I couldn't believe he sent me a normal valid transaction with no suspicious links, he never asked for my driver's license, social security or anything to steal my identity. I don't believe he has enough information to steal my identity and create credit lines under my identity. I pulled the money from cash app and bought gas with it.
Be very, very cautious from this point on. What you just did is called cash baiting or reverse scamming. I don't know if you did actually intend on pushing the scammer for money, or were you considering the possibility of receiving money, but if I were you, I wouldn't take this cash for granted. Who knows if it had been obtained fraudulently? I don't know if it's possible to withdraw completed transfers through CashApp, but if it were a bank transfer or a cashed check/cheque, there would be a possibility of your bank realizing your money is "dirty" or fake and removing it from your account.

Also, even if the money you received was sourced legitimately (doubt it), what you did was borderline 419. In the worst case, they might want to blackmail you by threatening to report YOU to the police for scamming them out of $80. As such, this forum doesn't really allow cashbaiting AFAIK. Refrain from cashing out money transfers from the lads in the future. Report the fraudulent accounts instead.

Nonetheless, if they did send you money, they're clearly invested in you. The are certain that you've taken the bait, and are now pulling the fish out with all their might. Little they do know, the very fish IS bait itself! So milk it for all it's worth. Try going for a piggy or two. Ask for a bank account number. If you want to send something "malicious", try a Grabify short link to get information about his IP address, location and device. Drag the bait out, occupy as much of their time as you can.
🐷: x22 (2023.08.18) 🤖: 57 min
Customizable Polish Forms Collection

"Now I understood who you are. / Ali baba / Ali baba" - GLOBAL DELIVERY SERVICE

styroman
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Re: I got Illumunati money!

Post by styroman » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:42 pm

osc wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:11 am Refrain from cashing out money transfers from the lads in the future. Report the fraudulent accounts instead.

Nonetheless, if they did send you money, they're clearly invested in you. The are certain that you've taken the bait, and are now pulling the fish out with all their might. Little they do know, the very fish IS bait itself! So milk it for all it's worth. Try going for a piggy or two. Ask for a bank account number. If you want to send something "malicious", try a Grabify short link to get information about his IP address, location and device. Drag the bait out, occupy as much of their time as you can.
Thanks for the response. I absolutely did not expect them to send me money. What I anticipated was that he’d wait until the pressure was on, I seem desperate, then ask me for my social or something to join the club. I didn’t think he’d sent money. To my understanding, Cash app money can’t be refunded without sender approval. I’ll see how much of their time I can waste. I keep reporting their WhatsApp phone numbers at random times in the middle of conversations like the reporting cut me off. We’ll see how much time I can waste.