Scambaiting on Facebook

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
jbcoops
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Scambaiting on Facebook

Post by jbcoops » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 am

I've strung along a scammer on FB until at least tomorrow (Monday). They're expecting me to either mail or give them my cashapp account. I plan on contacting USPS about mailing something, as well as the cop in Virginia who has spoken to the woman whose address has been used.

I'd appreciate any advice from others.
Last edited by jbcoops on Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbcoops
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Re: Scambaiting on Facebook

Post by jbcoops » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:59 am

i've been scamming scammers for years. i've purchased a Premium account but for some reason am not able to reply to private messages. is there a waiting period?

ScammingTheScammers
419 Eater is My Life
Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Scambaiting on Facebook

Post by ScammingTheScammers » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:55 pm

Hey @jbcoops

I know you've been reaching out for help. I also listened to the message you left for Lenny (Phonebot). I removed the recording as it contained personal information so I can see you could do with some help to know how to stay safe too.

I tried PMing you and it looks like you've replied a couple of times but the messages are on hold so I can't read them.

I'm hoping one of the admins (@rover, @bertje ?) can lend a hand here cos I don't know much more than you about how this forum works for new members sorry.

Regards
STS
:pig2: x24 :movie_camera: x12
"May the children children of those who hates you possess your gate for ever. Clever rogue."