Grabbing lads' attention

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
X54
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Grabbing lads' attention

Post by X54 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm

How do I get my lads to go from formally writing about business and claiming my 6.5 Mil to yelling at me? They always seem to ditch me before I can get to that point. Any advice helpful!

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Grabbing lads' attention

Post by Kitty La Gore » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi X54,

I think a good question to start with is, "what's the goal?" I'm asking with absolute interest - there are reasons you might want to anger a lad and get him yelling at you, particularly if you're distracting him from something another one of your characters is up to, but is this the ultimate goal? I've had some wild rants thrown my way, and some of those ended up in my signature line over the years, but none of them were bait-ending rants or goals in themselves.

I have one lad "yelling" at one of my characters right now for drinking too heavily and spending money on booze, but the ultimate goal is to get the lad to send bank accounts while my character is (rarely) sober, only to have her forget her task when she's (more often) sotted. That character then promises to reform, goes through some angry "14 step" program psychological battering with the lad, only to have him apologize for his impatience and start over again.

So, let us know what your goal is, and we can advise you in the right direction ;)
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

X54

Post by X54 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi Kitty. I'm really just trying to waste their time but i have never really gotten anywhere with it. Do you just delay them and draw them out so much that they get angry?

DerekTrotter1981
419 Eater is My Life

Post by DerekTrotter1981 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Scambaiting is like fishing (with an "F"), really. If you think that a lad's coming off the hook, try to cut them a bit of slack and once you have them back, reel them in.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 am

X54, wasting a lad's time is a fantastic goal! You might try serial characters - the first character can get a few accounts, but is utterly inept, and starts talking about a rich uncle, then accidentally cc's the uncle on an email. Your uncle character then steps in and starts the bait all over again until he's just about to send the money and then has a horrible accident/comes down with Covid/gets hemorrhoids/ etc. His wife logs on to the account and wants to know what it's all about, so the scammer has to start all over again from scratch to convince her it's legit. I've had lads go through six characters before giving up - it's a fun way to keep them on the hook, and as long as each character is believable, the lad will keep trying & not give up hope.
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

X54

Post by X54 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Wow thanks guys that is great advice. I'll be sure to try it. :D