It's all Good, man

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter
Re: It's all Good, man

Post by Dissolute Dan » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:21 am

He really doesn't want to answer my question.

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
Thank you for your email.
Apologies for the late response.
I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy's sudden ill condition, I pray and hopes she gets better.

Mr. Smith
****@****
Smith > Yang
Hi Lucy,
How are you?
Hope you had a wonderful weekend?
Can you please brief me with the current situation of our business, thank you.
Regards

Mr. Smith
****@****
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:pig: some

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:32 am

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
How are you doing?
Please brief me on the health state of Lucy, hope she's feeling better now?
Regards

A. Smith
****@****.com
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:54 pm

White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

First off, apologies for my late reply. It's been very hectic here as Lucy and 3 other staff are all off sick with confirmed covid. I've been trying to reallocate the work handled by those colleagues while at the same time deal with my own caseload.

I aim be in touch shortly.

Regards
Dennis
Smith > White
Dear Mr White,
Thanks for your response.
I understand how hard this has been on you, I hope you get over it.
My regards to Lucy, I hope she defeats this deadly monster in the name of "covid".
Regards

A. Smith
***@****.com
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith,

Your kind words are appreciated.

Alongside my work for other clients, I'm still trying to clarify some of the late Mr Goodman's arrangements. In particular, I'm trying to identify his male romantic partner. I initially thought it might have been you, but from what you have told me, that was never the case. Did he ever mention such a relationship in the course of your conversations? Or, do you have any idea who the mystery gentleman might be?

Dennis
Smith > White
Dear White,
You're welcome.
No, I was never aware of this.

Mr. Smith
****@****.com
White > Smith
ok. Thank you for that.

Perhaps I should explain my interest in the matter.

I don't know if you are aware of his situation but the fact is that Mr Goodman was a wealthy and successful man. His Estate runs in several tens of million of pounds. One of the beneficiaries named in his will, to whom he has left a very substantial amount, is the gentleman I've been trying to trace. When you said you had a vacation planned, I thought you must be that person! But sadly not.

Mr Goodman did stupulate that should any of the beneficiaries predecease him or be otherwise impossible to contact, that portion would be given up to charity. So, we will not be in a position where his wishes cannot be followed. I'm grateful that his will was drafted in so careful a manner.

Anyway, enough chat. I need to turn out the lights and lock the doors. It's late and I'm the last one left in the offices!

As promised, I'll get back to you you when I have news, hopefully good news, regarding Lucy.

Best Regards
Dennis
Smith > White
Alright Dennis,
Mr Goodman had already showed me that he was indeed a great and a wealthy man, it's not a news to me.
This very young man must be a lucky man if you finally succeeded in finding him, otherwise the charity becomes the beneficiary of this great gift from mankind.
I'm sorry, I don't think I know this person in question.

I must appreciate your good and continuous support in seeing that my late friend's businesses and assets was handled in a well, good and responsible manner.

I'll be waiting to hear from you.
Regards

A. Smith
****@****.com
Such a measured response. I'm thinking he must know....
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Smith > Yang
Hi Lucy,
How are you?
Hope you had a wonderful weekend?
Can you please brief me with the current situation of our business, thank you.
Regards

Mr. Smith
***@***.com
No response, Lucy is ill and in bed.
Smith > White
Good morning for here Dennis,
How are you doing?
I just wanted to check on you.
I hope Lucy is fully recovered?

Mr. Smith
***@***.com
No response. Offices are closed over Christmas.
Eventually, a week or so later:

Yang > Smith
cc > White
Dear Mr Smith

I hope you and your family had a joyous Christmas.

Our offices are open again for 3 days this week after which we close again for the new year. We will then be fully open from Jan 2nd.

I've been inactive for a period on account of contracting the coronavirus before our Christmas break. This morning, checking the status of Estate submissions to UK tax authorities, I regret to advise that the window of opportunity to formalize your claim against the Estate has now passed. It seems that in my absence, the Estate executors instructed my colleagues to submit the required particulars without delay, and that was done without my being consulted.

We knew at the outset that the time available for putting your refund in place was much shorter than is usual. Nevertheless, I apologize for not being able to process your application.

Best Regards

Lucy Yang
Principle Secretary to Mr Dennis White
[email protected]
Rogers White LLP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
London xxxxx
Smith > Yang
Dear Lucy,

Yes we had a great Christmas thank you.

I was informed about your ill condition by Mr Dennis White. I sent an email to him to know how you are, but he hasn't replied yet.
I'm happy you're recovered from it.

Is there anything I can do for you? Regarding yet to be processed application.
Regards

Mr. Smith
****@****.com
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Lucy's failure to get Smith's payment processed in a timely fashion doesn't sit well with Dennis White.

White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

I hope you had a restful Christmas.

I've just been reviewing the mail Lucy sent you and the current status of the payment you should have received.

I note that the time window, within which the application had to be submitted, has now closed. Although Lucy was ill with covid, it seems no provision was in place for one of her subordinates to complete the process.

I shall be discussing Lucy's failure to have an adequate contingency plan in place in the course of her performance review in early January. Any feedback you may care to provide would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dennis

Dennis White
Senior Associate
[email protected]
Rogers White LLP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
London xxxxx
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:03 pm

Smith > White
Hi Dennis,
How are you? I must say it's been awhile since we last communicated. Hope you're having a good week so far?
Kindly update me on the status of our business.
Regards

A. Smith
****@****.com
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

Good to hear from you. I hope you and your family had a joyous Christmas.

I regret to advise you that the situation regarding your payment is unpromising. The deadline for submission of your claim in the Estate of the late Mr Goodman has now passed. This was partly due to delays in your responses to our enquiries and partly due to Lucy having no BCP (Business Continuity Plan) in place when she was taken ill.

Lucy is currently the subject of a Capability Review, undertaken by a panel of independent and impartial assessors. We will be sharing the final report with you.

Depending on the conclusions in that report, we may be able to offer compensation to you for losses suffered. Our insurance policy covers losses suffered by clients as a result of professional negligence in certain limited circumstances. The loss calculation would have both a monetary component and also a figure reflecting the level of stress and disruption caused.

Would you be minded to submit a statement to the assessors detailing what losses you have suffered? With this type of review, the chances of clients receiving compensation are greatly improved when such a Statement of Loss is put before the panel.

I wait to hear you position.

Kind Regards
Dennis

Dennis White
Senior Associate
[email protected]
Rogers White LLP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
London xxxxx
Last edited by Dissolute Dan on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 am

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
My regards to Lucy, I pray and hoped she recovers fully well.

I have no damages about this transaction, it's only the storage cost which costs $27 per week.
From the months of November till now has about 6 weeks which will be at the amount of $162, which when added to the $8,513, it will be $8,675.00 USD.

A. Smith
****@****.com

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 pm

About a week later, Mr Smith get mail from Lucy Yang. It's not from her Rogers White LLP business account however. It appears to be from her personal gmail account.

Yang@gmail > Smith
Subject: Have you complained to Dennis about Goodman's estate?

Hey Mr Smith

Is anything going on with you & White? I was called into a meeting with Dennis and some other people this week, after which I've been suspended! Even my work email has been cut off so I can't get to it. All to do with the estate of the old fool Goodman.

Have you been complaining to White about me? He says there was a deadline I missed. I was ill at the time so I don't see how I could be expected to meet any deadline.

Just trying to find out what the background to this is. I've been given very little information.

Get back to me
Lucy Yang

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:45 am

Smith > Yang@gmail
Hi Lucy,
I got your email.
Mr White told me about your ill condition, and I've been trying to make inquiry to know how you have been.
I'm sorry to hear you're sent off, I'm going to be speaking to Mr White about that.
I'm a bit confused with the statement "old fool" you used in addressing Mr Goodman, hope all is well?

A. Smith
****@****.com

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Smith > White
Hi Dennis,
How are you?
It's been a while since I heard back from you, can you please get back to me and the current situation of the business?
Lucy emailed me some days ago, and told me that she lost her job due to the covid.
I'll be happy to hear back from you friend.
Regards

Mr. Smith
****@****

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for your mail.

We are currently in negotiation with our insurers to establish the requirements for a refund and compensation due to the missed deadline as previously discussed. Although matters are yet to be finalised, it seems likely that a statement from yourself, explaining that you were expecting a payment from the Estate, will be sufficient. You might also choose to outline any inconvenience which the missed payment has caused. If you would care to draft something and mail it to me, I'd be happy to check through it for you, before submission. I think it likely that the full amount you were expecting will be covered by insurance. I'm advised that compensation is usually an additional amount in the range of 50% to 100% of the base figure. That is of course dependent on some element of inconvenience being established.

Lucy is currently unavailable so please direct your communications to myself. From your mail, am I to understand that she has been in contact with you via a private email account? That isn't something that should occur and I would ask you not to respond to any further such contact.

Best Regards
Dennis

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:34 am

Smith > White
Hi Dennis,
How are you?
It's been a while since I heard back from you, can you please get back to me and the current situation of the business?
Lucy emailed me some days ago, and told me that she lost her job due to the covid. I'll be happy to hear back from you friend.
Regards

Mr. Smith
****@***
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith.

Thank you for your mail of Friday.

I can now confirm that our insurers will indeed make a payment. They require a signed and dated statement from yourself, explaining that you were expecting a payment from the Estate. As I previously mentioned, you might also choose to outline any inconvenience which the missed payment has caused. If you would care to draft something and mail it to me, I'd be happy to check through it for you, before submission. The full amount you were expecting will be refunded, plus an additional amount in the range of 10% to 100% of the base figure, dependent on the degree of inconvenience established.

The payment would be without any admission of fault or liability.

Lucy remains on long term leave and I have no expected date for her return.

I wait to hear from you.

Regards
Dennis

Dennis White
Senior Associate
[email protected]
Rogers White LLP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
London xxxxx

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 pm

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,

I have read and understand your message.
I think there is nothing more serious than I see as an inconvenience, as we all could understand that the delays has to do with the global pandemic which is almost all over the globe.

Below is the attached photograph of the statement which you requested.

Kind regards

Mr. Smith
****@***

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 pm

White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for your statement. It looks to me as though the basic points our insurers require are covered and I have therefore sent it on for their consideration.

I will update you as I have further news.

Regards
Dennis
Smith > White
Dear Dennis,

Kind regards.

Mr. Smith
****@***

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 pm

Out of the blue, mr Smith contacts Plog again
Hi Bernard,
How are you?
It's a been a long time! I hope all is well with you over there.
Dear friend, I was really away from my email and duties due to the fight for survival against the global pandemic, but I'm happy God saved me.
Please is there anything I need to know about the package from Mr Goodman?
I'll be waiting to hear back from you.
Regards.
Bernard wrote: Dear mr. Smith,

thank you for your email. I apologize for my belated reply.

I am glad to hear you are healthy and safe. These are trying times, and infection rates seem to be rising instead of falling. Several of my colleagues have fallen ill with the virus recently. Luckily I have been able to stay out of the virus' reach, but I think that ultimately, an infection will be inevitable.

As for the parcel: I had some problems finding the information. I think I mentioned before to you that we had intended to return the parcel Goodman's executors. However, before we could do so, our Cotonou depot was closed due to many staff contracting Covid. It was decided that, during this closure, an IT-upgrade was to be rolled out. This upgrade was originally planned for mid-2022 but the hacker incident, of which you are well aware , forced us to bring those plans forward. We were advised by our IT contractors that any open records were migrated to the new database. However, it seems that the information for this particular parcel was not migrated, and is only visible in the legacy system. This was probably caused by the unusual sequence of events behind this particular delivery. Only after checking the legacy system I found the info about your parcel.

The parcel still appears to be in our Cotonou hub. As the parcel is not in our new system, we won't be able to plan a delivery any time soon, especially now so many of our employees are being infected. However, if you or an associate would be able to personally collect the parcel, it would be fairly easy to arrange a local pickup. We might even be able to reimburse you for your traveling expenses, but I'd have to check with my superiors.

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

cheerio
(credits to Dan for coming up with this response)

Semi-immediate response:
Dear Mr Bernard,
Yes please. I'm interested.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:48 pm

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
How are you?
It's been a while I heard from you. Please let me know what is the next step.
Regards.

Mr. Smith
****@***
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for your mail.

We submitted the details of your situation to our insurers on 27/1/2022 with a follow up telephone call this morning. Their assessment office is currently dealing with a backlog of claims which accumulated as a result of staffing disruptions during the pandemic. Their current turnaround time is around 10 weeks.

I will of course advise you as I hear further news.

Regards
Dennis

Dennis White
Senior Associate
[email protected]
Rogers White LLP
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
London xxxxx
Smith > White
Dear Dennis,

I await your response.
Kind regards.

Mr. Smith
****@***

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm

Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
How are you?
It's been a while since we discussed. Hope all is going well with you.

Mr Smith
Smith > White
Dear Dennis,
How are you? It's been a long time since we discussed. I hope all is well with you.
Can you please get back to me?

Mr. Smith
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

Apologies for my much delayed response, until now I've had nothing to report.

Our firm has now heard from our insurers who have unfortunately decided, at this late stage, to argue against our claim. As it stands, we cannot therefore reimburse you for the $8000 which should have been claimed from the late Mr Goodman's Estate.

We are considering our options at this stage, one such being legal action against the insurance company.

There has also been a second development. I have been contacted by a logistics company who claim to have a consignment, somehow stranded at a distribution hub in Cotonou in Benin. They have been waiting for a suitably authorized agent to collect it. I was surprised to learn that you have business connections in that part of the world.

The consignment is of significant value, although I wasn't told what it is.

If you are not planning to send an agent to collect, then the consignment could be sent to our UK office. Could you advise if and how our company should respond to situation?

Best Regards
Dennis
Smith > White

Dear Dennis
I'm sorry, I know nothing about the consignment you're talking about. I don't know how you come about that.
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith,

Thank you for your reply.

I was catching up on mail from home when I previously wrote you. This morning, I've been able to check the physical paperwork held at our office in connection with the Estate. In answer to your question, DuPont Care, former residence of the late Mr Goodman, became aware of *** Logistics from paperwork amongst Mr Godman's posessions. There was some communication between DuPont Care and that company shortly after Mr Goodman's passing. It seems that **** Logistics are still holding a package at one of their distribution hubs. Unsure of what to do with it, **** contacted DuPont Care, who passed them on to us.

*** logistics advised our office that you are the intended recipient.

The package can either be returned to our office for distribution amongst Mr Goodman's beneficiaries, or collected by your agent from ****'s distribution hub.

****'s contractual terms provide for the eventuality that if no disposal is effected one way or another, within 18 months, the consignment becomes **** property, whereupon anything of value is divided between local hub staff.

Could you please advise if this is a matter in which you have any ongoing interest.

Regards
Dennis
Smith > White
Dear Mr Dennis,
For the fact that I'm fully aware that **** Logistics is not existing, I'm no longer going to have anything to do with the both of you.
You've shown me that, there's something else you've not told me about Mr Goodman's property.
I don't think we're going to continue with this business.

X. X. Smith
White > Smith
Dear Mr Smith

It is of course entirely your choice.

Legal matters do at times appear to proceed at a slow pace and I understand that this may lead to frustration. I apologise if that is true in your case.

I'll advise the logistics company that we have no interest in the parcel and they may treat it as abandoned.

Please contact me if, on reflection, you change your mind. Also, I hope you will consider **** **** should you have any future need of legal services.

With best regards

Dennis