Unique item for sale on Craigslist . . . Scammer takes the bait

This area is for members to publish their completed scam-bait letters to share with everyone.
namesake072
Hello, I'm Looking Around
Unique item for sale on Craigslist . . . Scammer takes the bait

Post by namesake072 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Not my first Scambait, but one of the funniest. And relatively short. I can't believe what these people will say.

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:40
To: Clifford Latshaw <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Re: Item

U STUPID, STUPID FONGISHUP! I just sold item WITH the jigglum to someone else FOR CASH who was NOT STUPID and FOLLOWED MY INSTRUCTIONS. I am keeping your cheque so thank u you STUPIDHEAD.

Oh yeah -- ONLY STUPIDHEAD SCAMMERS would send TOO MUCH MONEY and ask for it BACK. I hope you DIE in DARK HOLE with JIGGLUM up your FIGGLUM.

Sent: 26 October 2021 16:29
To: Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED>
Subject: Re: Item

i love love jigglum and will put jigglum in your figglum. figglum is VERY READY for the jigglum.

We will mail Out Certified Cashier Check payment already yesterday . Sorry and we hope that you will take item down off Craigslist. Payment will clear quickly and I will make arrangements for pickup right away.

I have a favour to ask. The check we wrote was for US$850. When you receive the check payment and deposit can you send Western Union the difference of $300? The extra money is for your inconvenience.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:16 AM Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED> wrote:

Ooooh Clifford. U proposing to me? I WANT u to put jigglum in my figglum!!! But we should be careful talking about this on Craigslist. Figglum and jigglum is SO personal. My figglum is so ready and squishy for u. will be more ready and squish for u if you actually send check by email like I keep asking u you stupid fongishup. WHY U SO STUPID AND NOT FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTION? DO U NOT WANT ITEM? If u want item WHICH I AM HOLDING FOR U stupid please SEND ME CHECK BY EMAIL. I WANT PHOTO otherwise I can’t deposit.

Sent: 26 October 2021 16:22

i love love jigglum and will put jigglum in your figglum. figglum is VERY READY for the jigglum.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:16 AM Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED> wrote:

Cliffy poo – are u dumb? Did u not read my email? I need copy of cheque so I can deposit! Please send front and back so I can do mobile deposit ASAP. Cannot withdraw item until u send check. Also u worry me. Are u sure u aren’t one of those scammers? U sound like u cut and pasted from you last email. If u aren’t a scammer, u tell me how much u love jigglum and promise u will put jigglum in your figglum. Do u know what a figglum is? Is your figglum READY for the jigglum?

Sent: 26 October 2021 16:14

Sorry. I will get back to you with the tracking number of the check as soon as the check mailed out to your location, you withdraw the item from Craigslist yes?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED> wrote:

Cliff -- I didnt hear back from u so I am selling the item. Not cool. I hope you fall off your name.

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:40

Cliff - i am going to sell item to this next buyer if i don't hear back in 10 minutes. they only want to pay $220 and will pay cash $$$$ but without promise from u I want to just sell. I'd prefer to sell to u for $280 and also becasue you appreciate the jigglum. Your choice. You know how this craigslist thing works.

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:21

OK cliff. Lucky. They were short $20 so I still have item.

But someone else is coming in 30 minutes. Can u tell me when u can pay? I don't know what happened to u.

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:14
Subject: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Re: Item

CLIFF THEY ARE HERE

THEY WANT TO PAY ME $250 BUT IN CASH. I WANT TO HOLD ITEM FOR U BUT NEED RESPONSE - WHEN CAN I GET CASHIER CHECK?

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:11

Cliffy,

They are coming in 5 minutes but u were first so want to sell to u. Can u at least promise that you can send photo of check (front and back) soon so I can deposit? Then I can put aside mega brator and u can even pick up tomorrow! Just have to disinfect the jigglum.

Thanks, Larry

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:05

OK! Jigglum is yours 😉😉😉

Can you send me check pic so I can deposit via mobile banking? Faster than waiting for mail and less expensive too. I have people coming now in 15 minutes so need to know IMMEDIATELY.

Sent: 26 October 2021 02:01

yes i want jigglum! thanks

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 5:59 PM Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED> wrote:
Clifford - do u want the jigglum attachment? I need to know right away. It's a special kind of feeling. Because the price is 280 and the other parties want the special feel of the jigglum.

Once you confirm i will withdraw the item (and u can enjoy withdrawing the jigglum!) hey congrats on getting married! .

actually i use mobile banking -- so if you send me a pic of the check (front and back) I can probably deposit it more quickly and send you the item faster.

Again, please respond immediately. I have two more people coming over tongiht to look at the item. i need a response with the check in 30 minutes. The others want to pay cash

Please confirm and I can hold for u

Sent: 26 October 2021 01:54

Thanks for your information, I will get back to you with the tracking number of the check as soon as the check mailed out to your location, i will also advise that you withdraw the item from Craigslist in order to prevent other buyers ok..hope to read back from you today

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM Lawrence Smithson <REDACTED> wrote:
Dear Clifford

I think you and your partner will love the mega-brator! It has 16 speeds and has brought my own partner much enjoyment. We're only parting with it because we've recently invested in the supradong which we like better. You should really check out the Folsom street fair the next time you are in town. It's especially great if you want to be "large," if you get what I mean. 😉 And great if u are in the mood for a gerbil! Full disclosure, there was a small issue with crabs but we weren't using the brator at the time. The price of the item is $265, but if you want the jigglum attachment, I can add that in for an extra $15, so a total of $280.

A cashier's cheque would be great. Please send to my PO Box tho because my mail gets stolen.

Here's the deets:

Name: Lawrence (Larry) Smithson
Address: 322 Linden Ave, Box 322
City: South San Francisco
State: California
Postal Code: 94080
Phone Number: 415 737 91123
Last Asking price.. $280 (with jigglum)

Please let me know if you want the jigglum.

Also - have 3 other parties interested. Respond immediately and let's get this done.

Larry

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021, 04:25:19 PM PDT

Hello Thanks for your quick response, We are very interested and OK with the price but sorry I wouldn't be able to come down to your location due to the Corona-virus (covid-19) out break and Also My partner and I are getting married in few weeks, Planning on starting our new life close to his new job. We've been very busy with all the preparations, I am so excited. We have a personal delivery service that will pick up the item right after you receive your payment, they have been helping us with our moving and other deliveries as well. We will mail Out Certified Cashier Check payment right away & right after payment has been cleared with you, We schedule the date and time for the pick up . I will make arrangement for the pick up as soon as the check clears. Hope I can trust you with the check payment?

I will make arrangement for pick-up . So get back to me with below
details as we proceed asap.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:
Last Asking price..

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Unique item for sale on Craigslist . . . Scammer takes the bait

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:36 am

I read from the last note to the top (took me a bit to realize it was posted in reverse) and while the bait was very funny, please tell me you didn't "burn" the lad by letting them know you knew it was a scammer? We definitely don't want to educate them, or make them more aware of "jokers" who waste their time, right?

Is this a fake craiglist ad to start with? I'm a bit confused as to how the lad found you?
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

bobdemol
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 30 Dec 2008

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Unique item for sale on Craigslist . . . Scammer takes the bait

Post by bobdemol » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:05 am

^^ To me it looks like the ad was set up and the lad was "burned" during the last conversation.
yOU WICKED AND EVIL MAN,PERISH TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG - Obinna

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
🐧 :goat: :flag_ng: :flag_gh: 📱 🐷 📺 Safaris: Linos: Togo-Benin // Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
//: Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)