A consignment from Ghana

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter
Re: A consignment from Ghana

Post by Dissolute Dan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Great news! Bill will be getting a full refund.

[email protected] -> Dent
cc -> Addo
Incident 2201E53/DENT/1308

Dear Mr Dent

Your complaint regarding a missing payment has been passed to me for further investigation.

The ***** Tesco MoneyGram Bureau have given me a copy your statement. As the bureau manager confirmed, our records do show two payments, each of £1550 GBP, on 11/01/22 at 11:29 and 12/01/22 at 10:30.

To progress the case, I will now need a signed statement from your intended recipients:

confirming that they were unable to collect the payment. Photographic copies of the same via email will suffice. As agreed, I have copied your business partner Mr Addo in my reply, in hopes that will be able to offer his assistance.

From the details in my possession, provided your intended recipients confirm that no collection was possible, I would expect a full refund to be made together with an offer of compensation to ***** and *****.

Please allow me to unreservedly apologize, on behalf of MoneyGram UK, for the security breach resulting in the loss of your funds and consequent disruption to business with your intended recipients.

MoneyGram UK values your custom and aims to provide you with the highest level of service in the industry. Transactional security is our top priority.

I would like to assure you that losses of this kind are very rare for Moneygram customers. The UK experienced a spate of such theft attempts, mostly unsuccessful, around 18 months ago. In response, we introduced the 'one-time telephone call' security measure, layered on top of our standard precautions. That measure reduced such attempts by around 90%. Since this protocol is only operating in UK bureaus, and your recipients are in a different territory, they may have found it unfamiliar. Despite that, we accept full responsibility for the failure of our service on this occasion.

Once the statements have arrived, I'll pass your details to our payments team. I assume, payment via MoneyGram will be convenient although you can provide a bank account for us to pay into should you prefer.

We hope that this proposal will meet with your approval and that we may continue have the pleasure of your custom. Please quote the Incident number in any further communication.

Sincerely

Katherine Meadow
UK Incident Analyst
***** Fraud Division

**** Fraud Report: Integrity Confidence Security
**** Fraud Report is a wholly owned subsidiary of Moneygram UK Transfer Services
Dent > Addo
Dear Mr Addo

I went back to money gramme yesterday. They were very apologetic that somehow my payments have gone missing. All the details have been sent off to their complaint resolution office. It seems likely that I will get my payment refunded and you will receive compensation. I had to certify that I'd sent they money, although they knew that already. I think it just needs Patience and Solomon to supply a statement that the money couldn't be collected.

Can you arrange that? Not sure how much the compensation might be.

Bill
:pig: some

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 am

Addo > Dent
Dear sir
We do not need any compensation from MoneyGram,just do the right thing by accepting your money back from MoneyGram,kindly send a message to Jerry Howell of the situation
Thanks
Howell > Dent
Hello Dent,

Good morning.

What's the update on the payment for the documentation, so that i can proceed on the delivery of your two consignment boxes to the United Kingdom.

I need your urgent response.

Thank you,
Jerry Howell

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 pm

Dent > Addo
Dear Mr Addo

Money Gramme have agreed that it's a fault in their system that allowed my payment to somehow vanish. I was mailed from their fraud department. I'll send the mail I got from them in a few minutes, there is a button somewhere that does that. They did already ask me for your email address.

All that's needed is a statement from you saying that you could not collect the money. It has to be signed. At the bureau, I was given a form to pass on to you. You don't have to use the form but it just gives you blanks to fill in. I'll take a photo and send you that as well. I gave my one in already.

Bill
Addo > Dent
Dear sir
I did not receive any money from MoneyGram
Bill hasn't noticed that Katherine already cc'd Addo.
He sends Addo another copy of her mail.

Dent > Addo
Mr Addo

Here it is. I found the button, it's under the 3 dots.

Bill

------Forwarded-----------------
message from [email protected]
Dent > Addo
Here is the form. Sorry it's a bit squashed, it's been in my pocket.
Please fill it in and then send it back to Katherine Meadow. She is at
[email protected]

Or, send it to me and I'll send it on to her.

From her mail, I think we will get the money back. If she offers you
compensation you might as well accept it.

Bill

attached: <picture-of-crumpled-mg-complaint-resolution-form>

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:25 pm

Dent > Addo
Dear Mr Addo

Have you had a chance to send your statement off to Katherine yet?

I submitted my part of it a couple of days ago but the fraud department need to hear from you also before any payout can be made. The form looks simple enough to complete.

Could you give me an update?

Bill

Dissolute Dan
Wannabe Baiter

Post by Dissolute Dan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:20 am

No attempt yet from Addo claim his refund. Katherine sends him a reminder.

[email protected] > Addo
cc > Dent
Dear Mr Addo

I'm contacting you in connection with your missing payments on 11/1/22 and 12/1/22.

Although there were 2 distinct payments, the bureau manager decided, for your convenience to place them under a single telephone authorization number.

From details already supplied by Mr Bill Dent, I believe that you have been unable to collect these 2 payments. Our records show that that the payments were in fact already collected via a bureau in Accra Ghana.

Please allow me to unreservedly apologize, on behalf of MoneyGram UK, for the security breach resulting in the loss of your funds and consequent disruption to business. I am in a position to refund your payment, totalling £3100. In view of the stress and inconvenience this mishap will have caused, I would be obliged if you would accept an additional gratuity of £3100 by way of apology for the failure of our service on this occasion.

MoneyGram UK values your custom and aims to provide the highest level of service in the industry.

To close the case and make those payments, I would ask that you kindly complete the attached claim form, which will take only a couple of minutes of your time. In addition to the basic details, please describe the steps you have taken to try and collect your payment. Dated signatures of the two intended payees are required, which I hope you can arrange. Either put both signatures on the same sheet or on two different sheets. Photographic copies of the same via email will suffice.

Payment will be made either via MoneyGram or a bank account if you find that more convenient.

I hope to hear from you shortly. Please quote the above incident reference in any communication.

Sincerely

Katherine Meadow
UK Incident Analyst
***** Fraud Division

**** Fraud Report: Integrity Confidence Security
**** Fraud Report is a wholly owned subsidiary of Moneygram UK Transfer Services

attached: <missing-funds-claim-form.pdf>
Bill's gmail account mistakenly classified his copy of this mail as spam. In case Addo misses Katherine's mail, on account of it being in his spam folder, Bill also mails Addo.

Dent > Addo
Dear Mr Addo

I've just heard from Katherine Meadow. For some reason her mail was on my spam. Please check yours. I'll send my copy on to you so that you don't miss out.

I think she has the refund ready but just needs confirmation from you that you couldn't collect.

Please update me.

Vic

sparky905
Elite Baiter
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jul 2017

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by sparky905 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:32 pm

Always nice to get the lads busy completing forms.
🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇬🇭 🇨🇮 🇹🇷 🇦🇺 🇩🇪 🇨🇦 🇰🇭 🇳🇬 🇦🇪 🇸🇦 🇨🇳 X157

Sand Timer "George", Sand Timer "Dr. Egobia" Sand Timer Rev James Smith Sand Timer Lawson Dike

" I can sue anybody for deformation of character" scammer Fred Unuobia losing his patience with endless questions