Inserting Dracula

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
SleepyShadow
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Inserting Dracula

Post by SleepyShadow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:49 pm

A while back I got to wondering how well read the lads are, so I decided to subject a few of them to literature. Specifically, I decided to insert references or excerpts from Dracula, partially because it's one of my favorite novels, but mostly because I figured it would take the lads a while to figure out what I was doing as long as I didn't say "Dracula" or "Van Helsing" at any point. I started subtly to test the waters, and it didn't take long to get a bite. The lad asked for my personal information, so I fed him this...
I'm happy to comply for the time being. My name is River Quincey Morris, I'm 26 years old, I'm a private consultant, and I'm currently staying at the Korea Club in the West End of London just off St. James'. I'm afraid I recently lost my phone due to circumstances outside my control. I am glad to conduct business with you via email, but if you absolutely need to call me you should get hold of the front desk and have them take a message for me.
The lad gave me a long and boring boilerplate message about some dead relative of mine, so I probed a bit.
I was unaware James had died. Last anyone heard from him he was traveling to the Balkans on a business trip. Do you have any information on how he died?
Am in receipt of your email and if you could go back to my first mail to you ...you will find out that have been trying and doing my best in locating any members of his family but all to na avail until I decided to trace his last name till get to you.
But I tell you now that all this questions are not revalant now cause I have already presented you to the bank as the sole beneficiary of late James O Morris's fund.
Yes ..he died 4 years ago ..but his fund was established and brought forward to remit to his relative last two years in 2020 during the covid 19 lockdown.
The lad also gave me a hilarious looking death certificate which said poor Uncle James died in Lagos. Apparently James had a car crash, a hemorrhage of some kind, and also cardio-respiratory arrest. Yikes. The lad then asked for my bank account information, but Miss Quincey wasn't ready to call it quits just yet.
You'll get your information when I get mine. I'm waiting for the paperwork to arrive at the Club, but I haven't gotten it yet. There's also a small matter regarding James' death that I'd like to clear up. What was he doing in Nigeria?
He just sent me the same email again, so I did the same thing. He eventually gave up asking for my bank account and offered to mail me a cheque for the $2.5. I agreed, gave him a fake mailing address, and told him to address it to "Quincey" so the front desk at the Korea Club (also a fake place) would know who to give it to.

While all of this business about the death and the cheque was happening, one of the lad's associates (I'm not sure if it was a second person or just a second email account) was trying to bully me into replying faster. I decided to play the sympathy card, and insert a little Mina into the business to throw him off his game.
I apologize for not writing sooner, but a sad blow has befallen me. Mr. Hawkins died very suddenly. Some may not think it so sad for me, but Jonathan and I had both come to love him so much that it really seems as though I had lost a father. The dear old man's death is a real blow to me. Jonathan will be greatly distressed when he returns - all the more so when he learns that at the end Mr. Hawkins treated him like his own son and left him a fortune which, to people of our modest upbringing, is wealth beyond the dream of avarice. Forgive me if I worry you with my troubles in the midst of your own busy life, but I must tell someone, for the strain of keeping up a brave and cheerful appearance tries me, and I have no one here that I can confide in. I dread coming up to London, as we must do that day after tomorrow, for poor Mr. Hawkins left in his will that he was to be buried in the grave with his father. As there are no relations at all, I will have to be the chief mourner. Forgive me for troubling you.
Unfortunately, you made not mention of our transaction. Perhaps I will proceed to cancel your payment allocation order as unclaimed.
Of course I didn't make mention of our transaction! A family friend just passed away. Have you no sympathy?
Don’t take it hard on me I was under pressure when I drop the email. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My sincere condolences to you and your family. We at the Directorate of International Payment Office wants to what to tell the Eco Bank Ghana Ltd., either if they should continue with your transaction or you need time to get things done as regards to your late friend burial arrangements.
Apologies for the brevity, as I'm writing this on the train to Exeter. The service was simple and solemn. There was only myself and Mr. Hawkins' personal servants there, one or two old friends of his from Exeter, his London agent, and a gentleman representing the Incorporated Law Society. I stood alone and felt as though the roof had been torn from my world. After the service, I took a cab to the Berkeley Hotel and visited the doctor. I gave him the few papers relating to the matter that I could find. Mr. Hawkins never let me tidy his office, and I wish he had, because it was in terrible disorder and I'm quite sure many of the important documents are misplaced or even missing. Nonetheless, there had to be something in those letters, because the doctor exclaimed "Mein Gott" twice as he read them.
I thank God Almighty for a successful burial of Mr. Hawkins. May the almighty Lord grant his soul eternal peace in Jesus name Amen.
This second lad backed off for a while, but later asked me to contact a third lad named Peter van Gemert. Wait a minute, I think I can use this...
By the way, are you by chance related to Mr. Abraham van Gemert? I can't imagine there are too many people with your last name.
He tried to ignore my question, but I kept pushing.
Not at all, Mr. Abraham van Gemert is not related to me. I am a Dutch and English.
It can't be a coincidence. Abraham van Gemert is Dutch as well!
Yeah, we shared the same surname. Did you receive my second email today?
Yes, I see you've sent the documents, thank you. However, I don't think you understand. Mr. Abraham van Gemert (M.D., D. Ph., D. Lit., etc.) is the man who helped me with the paperwork after Mr. Hawkins' funeral. This must be fate!
This is as far as I've gotten with the lads so far. None of the lads (assuming it's more than one) have caught on to what I'm doing yet, so I think I'll get more blatant. Maybe "Uncle James" will show up in London and start haunting playgrounds like "The Bloofer Lady". I'm open for suggestions, of course :lol:

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Inserting Dracula

Post by Bertje » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:22 pm

A lad pretending to be dutch. cool. Care to share? :D
(i'm dutch)
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule

SleepyShadow

Post by SleepyShadow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Sure, here's the lad's email. Have fun ;) Do you want to be the good doctor? lol

<email snipped>
removed full quote of previous message - Just think of it as an ongoing conversation! - Bertje

Bertje
Mod Costumer

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 pm

I removed the emailaddress so it won't show up on google (to prevent the lad finding us). This sub-forum is not behind a login and gets indexed.

I'll send our mutual friend an email later
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Report a WU Mule

SleepyShadow

Post by SleepyShadow » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 pm

I'm sorry! I didn't even think about that!

Bertje
Mod Costumer

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Bertje » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 pm

No worries! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna do with the lad.
Plog costumer reviews:

Report a WU Mule

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:43 pm

Many of my characters are based on "The Importance of Being Earnest" 8-)
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

SleepyShadow

Post by SleepyShadow » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:39 pm

The lads have been getting impatient with my antics. I can't imagine why. Peter, in particular, was quite fed up with me...
Your relationship with Mr. Abraham van Gemert is not paramount to me. I was designated to intermediate between you and Ecobank Ghana Limited and that is where my interest lies. You should talk to me about the about the documents that was sent to you in my previous email and the arrangement you are making to settle the Excom fee. Your affirmative response is highly recommended. Accordingly, I have initiated steps necessary to suspend your payment and that will cause you considerable inconvenience and expense should you fail to act in a timely manner. You have left us no choice, I have attempted to work with unfortunately my patience has now reached an end. While I regret the necessity of this action I must advise you to govern yourself accordingly.
Your patience reached an end? That's unfortunate. Not very professional, if you ask me. I've been nothing but cooperative, yet you want to bully me while I'm grieving for my foster father and worrying for my missing fiancé. Why are you treating me like this?
As a professional Consultant, I must not allow personal problems/emotions to come in between me and my clients. It is unethical and unprofessional. Ever since we established communication on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, for the sole purpose of securing the release of your fund from Ecobank Ghana Limited, your subsequent emails have been about Mr. Abraham van Gemert and now your foster father death. In as much as I am deeply sorry for your loss, I need you to understand that my primary concern is to work with you with a view to secure the release of your payment, or perhaps you should advise me otherwise if you are no longer interested in the payment. On Friday, January 21, 2022, I sent 3 important documents to you unfortunately till this movement I am yet to get your comment on the documents or issues relating to the transaction. This random email communication is not what I bargain for when I took the job to intermediate between you and the bank. I stand to be corrected if have outlined here is incorrect.

How old are you?
This sudden question puzzled me a bit, so I played along to see where it would go. I couldn't remember Mina Murray's age during the novel, but I reasoned she was about the same age as Lucy Westenra, so that's what I went with.
I'm nineteen years old. Why do you ask?
The reason I asked to know your age is because you are acting immature and incoherent. I am shocked to learnt that at 19 years of age you are ready talking about fiancee. I don't mean to offend you but it's shocking to me.
It's alright if you don't understand. Jonathan is such a wonderful and kind man. We're supposed to get married when he comes home from the Balkans, but I haven't heard from him in weeks. It's very worrying.
I hope you have not forgotten the reason I was drafted by the INTERNATIONAL FUNDS TRANSFER / AUDIT UNIT) UNITED NATIONS & (WORLD BANK/IMF ASSISTED PROGRAMMED) DIRECTORATE OF INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT AND TRANSFERS UNITED NATION WEST AFRICA REGIONAL OFFICE ABUJA NIGERIA to establish communication with you. In as much as I understand your worry and concern over your missing fiancee, may I remind you that my primary responsibility is to stand as a Communication Intermediary (CI) between you and EcoBank Ghana? However, you need the help of a Seers who can see into the past and future I will be glad to connect the man.
I have no idea what he's talking about with "Seers". Is he suggesting that he can put me in contact with a fortune teller to scry on Jonathan? It's very peculiar at any rate. Since Peter was being a weirdo, I decided to inform his superiors about his strange behavior. I was hoping to get the scammers arguing with each other (assuming there was more than one at all), or at least rankle Peter a bit more. So I sent this to Albert the director...
I'm talking with Peter, but he's asking how old I am and I don't know why. Is he some kind of pervert?
I ask you for the one last time what effort are you making to settle the US$6,100 Excom Charge?
Please calm down. I'm still communicating with Peter.
You are very disrespectful to speak to me like that. Obviously, this is my last communication with you.
I doubted that very much, so I didn't check my email over the weekend just to see what would happen. How surprising! He was still talking!
Every lie has a expiring time.
Not quite what I was hoping for, but it let me know they weren't pulling out of the game just yet. I decided to cut them a bit of slack, or at least spin another yarn for them straight out of the novel.
I sincerely wish to apologize for my sudden absence for the last few days. I at last received news of my fiancé Jonathan. The dear fellow has been ill; that's why he did not write. He has been kept at the Hospital of St. Joseph and Ste. Mary in Budapest. I took a boat to Hamburg, and then the train onto Munich. I didn't arrive in Budapest until last night. My friend Mr. Morris let me sleep, although he doesn't speak a word of German and so got into terrible confusion trying to deal with porters and ticket inspectors. I'm with my fiancé now. Jonathan is so thin and pale and weak. All the resolution has gone out of his eyes, and his quiet dignity has vanished. He is only a wreck of himself, and does not remember what has happened to him.
Albert the director was the first to reply.
Good for you. Congratulations!!
Thank you Albert. I'll stay in contact as much as I can, but please understand if I don't respond right away. Jonathan has my full attention right now. If you'd like, I can put you in touch with Mr. Morris in case there is anything that needs to be resolved with greater haste than I can currently provide. Otherwise, I appreciate your patience in this matter.
That's where I'm at with them now. I'm hoping the lads will ask for "Mr. Morris" so I can make them start the whole scam over and waste time.