Got me Good

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
419user23
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Got me Good

Post by 419user23 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:31 pm

I got got, guys. And hopefully, I can keep others from getting got, or at least allow others to have fun scambaiting these guys.

They supposedly work with CASHAPP in accordance with the CFDA. It's some sort of Covid relief program.
Send some money, receive a greater amount. An opportunity. An investment. Really... a scam.

Several people on FB are posting with promise of cash prize for the right answers to riddles, jokes, or just offering money because of "hard times".

One of these is REMOVED It's a good ploy to real people in, giving a real DL and identification. She claims she's religious, would never hurt anyone and wants to help. But she's just the bait. The "phishing" pole is an assigned accountant who has provided his first name, James. REMOVED I'm assuming the phisher is nowhere to be found or reached right now, but he's got plenty of phishing poles set up.

They offered to accept my money through various different ways, mostly CASHAPP, which I don't use, and wasn't working, perhaps because it knew it was a scam. I went through Zelle through my bank and they offered various different emails at different times in the conversation.

REMOVED
I was stupid, guys, and I fell for a scam that I should have seen a mile away. Both the accountant and REMOVED keep messaging me, continuing to ask me if I'm ready to complete my payment for fees that they never brought up earlier. They finally admitted to making a mistake by increasing my return amount because I "can't" pay the fees, and they said they would help me out, but are continuously asking for my bank username and password. I've tried pulling information out of them, but it's been difficult. I've managed to make Lynette mad and ask me to stop messaging her, but it's shortlived before she feels the need to message me again. I brought up family relations on FB, saying her grandson Ezra would be so disappointed in his scammer grandmother and it didn't faze her one bit. I've tried to pit Lynette and James against each other but no progress. Ive tried guilt tripping, threatening to report, using religion to express God's disdain for scammers, desperation, anger, blah blah. They still talk but it's all in circles. I've already reported them to several companies that work with those types of scams. My bank managed to recover some of the funds, and I doubt I'll get the rest of them, but they haven't mentioned to me that the money got returned, or if they feel like they've been reported, or anything like that. I haven't told them I reported them, or received some money back from the bank investigation (from Mariela Hidalgo's email), and if they keep messaging me, I'll continue to waste their time, but I hope to learn some new methods of scambaiting and continue to waste their time like they did mine, receiving information rather than giving it. Unfortunately, they got me from my FB profile, and most likely can access my phone number or email attached to the account. However, there are many accounts of "evidence" that people got their cash on their stories and pictures they send me. I've checked into a couple of those profiles and they are no longer active. I assume all of those profiles are inactive or potential scammers themselves. Definitely something worth looking into for more people involved.

I don't suspect I'll get any more money back, but I hope by putting it on this forum that others will recognize the scam if they get sought out, or some professional scambaiters will have some fun wasting their time.

Bertje
Mod Costumer
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Dec 2009

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Got me Good

Post by Bertje » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:36 pm

1. I am sorry to hear that you have been the victim of a scam. Our friends at www.scamwarners.com are better equiped to help you with that.

2. Please post the format and information you have at www.scamwarners.com, so that possible future victims may be warned.

3. I have removed some information from your post, as it is against our rules to post names/emails/addresses without proof of the scam.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Plog costumer reviews:
"you couldn't even give a half star service and you are talking of 5 star. 5 star my foot" - mr. Sunday after 2 safari's

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Forum Rules | The Mod Team |
Report a WU Mule