Kofi Kyei will ship you gold

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Myon359
419 Eater is My Life
Original Eater Join Date: 06 Jul 2022

Kofi Kyei will ship you gold

Post by Myon359 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 pm

Note: I am changing the name of the lad involved here, as I have lost a previous bait to a guy who became suspicious and wandered in here. The names of my characters are left unchanged.

An individual who I will refer to as Kofi Kyei from Ghana had the nerve to interrupt me in the middle of a more important bait:

Attention,

My name is Kofi Kyei am a local miner in my village in Ghana i need your assistance.

All i need from you now is assistance to ship the gold out of Ghana,presently we have 20kg raw Gold Bar in 1kg form each,moreover i don't have the proper documentation to sell gold here in Ghana,because i dont have the fund to finance the shipment i want to use the service of one of our government Agent who help local miners to ship there gold out of Ghana without any documentation.

I want to beg of you if you can help me receive gold bar and sell it for me over there in the your country and take 20% as your commission and wire the balance to my nominated bank account. After this first transaction we can now have money to finance big quantity of 100kg every two month and make direct shipment to any buyer destination.

Here are the gold specification.
ORIGIN:GHANA
PURITY:97.06%
KARAT:22 +
PRICE:$42,000 PER KILOGRAM

Please get back to me if you can handle this transaction for me.
Please find attach gold bar picture.

Best Regards.
Kofi Kyei
Phone:+233--------------------------

Sent BCC no less! Any man who is that careful in his business dealings is definitely someone I want to deal with ;)
My "dumb American" Alex, writes back:

Hello sir. I'm very interested in your offer.
There is nothing attached to your email, (there wasn't)
could you please try again? Thanks.

Alex

Dear Alex Gaarsland,

Thank you very much for your urgent respond.

I will handle everything about exporting the Gold to your country,all i need from you is to handle the clearing and the delivery charges in your country and help me for the sales of the gold. I will give 20% of the total sales of the gold bar for your assistance,please let me know if you can handle this for me and let us move to the next step.

I will like you to provide phone number in your next reply so that i can call you and discuss better with you.

Please find attach Gold Bar pictures. Waiting for your reply.

Kofi Kyei

^^^Actual size. Watermarking this wasn't fun^^^

Time to have a little fun with our lad:

Mr. Kofi:

May I ask, how much gold will you be shipping to me? I want
to ensure I have adequate storage before I receive it. Thank you
for your understanding.

Alex

Oh, and my home telephone number is -----------------
My co-worker L-------- might answer. He knows about this
too, so you can leave a message with him.

Alex

Dear Mr.Alex.
Thank you for your message.

I have 20kg at present but let us start with 10kg depending on your capacity. Can you handle 10kg and take the responsibility for the clearing of the gold in your country USA.

My agent is only responsible for the delivery to your door step as soon as the gold is cleared in your country Airport,he will call you as soon as he arrive your country.

Please due let me know if you can handle this.
Thank You.

I accept your offer. But one thing. Mr. Kofi, if we're going to
do this thing, let's go big. There's no point in shipping this gold
unless we're going by larger weights. Give me your agent's email
or give him my email as well. I'd like to talk to him when he gets
to the USA.

Alex

And we'll see where this goes. Hopefully, Kofi will realize he has a greedy sucker on his hands...
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

🐖:114

🤠Abimbola: Owerri -> Lagos -> Awka. Spent Xmas in Awka hotel parking lot.
🤠Team Ayo (w/ Cubanskies, Miss Orchid): Lagos -> Korup, Cameroon
🤠🤠Team Godstime: Ekpoma -> Abuja -> Warri; Ekpoma -> Lagos -> Ibadan

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life

Re: Kofi Kyei will ship you gold

Post by Myon359 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 pm

Thank yo for your message i will forward you is details tomorrow.

Sounds good, thank you. I'll be waiting for further details shortly. See you tomorrow.

Friday---

Kofi started the day off right:

Dear Mr.Alex,
Thank you for your patient.
Please find below my agent information.

NAME: MR.ABISOLA TUESDAY
PHONE/WHATSAPP: +233-------------------
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Contact him and get back to me.
Regards.

Being the good client I am ;) I immediately contacted the man:

Dear Mr. Abisola Tuesday:

I got your email address from one Kofi Kyei who claims you are his agent. He also says you will be shipping gold bars to me. Can you confirm, so that I can tell my bankers about my incoming shipment? Thank you.

Alex

After not hearing a peep for a long time, I wrote back to Kofi:

Hello Mr. Kyei. I've contacted the agent, around an hour to two hours ago,
and I'm waiting on his mail. I would've contacted you when he contacted me,
but as it was taking a while, I wanted to alert you I've mailed, so you wouldn't
be worried.

Also, I've contacted my banker about gold shipments and what we have to do,
so I'll get back to you with that info. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you or your
agent soonest.

Alex

Okay thank you for the update my agent will contact you soon.
Regards

Well. That was informative. Not.
The agent did contact me, hours later:

ATTENTION:

Mr alex,I wish to inform you that i have recieved your package delivery from Kofi Kyei,I will be travelling to the united states this weekend to make deliveries of all the package i recieved alongside with your package containing 20kg of Gold bars from Kofi Kyei.

Kindly provide the following information;
Home address
Phone number

Note: you are required to pay custom clearance fees as soon as i arrive in united state,please you are kindly adviced to get your custom clearance fees ready in other not to delay me because i have a lot of deliveries to make before coming back to Ghana.

Thank you,i will be waiting for your respond.

Alex is happy and compliant:

Thank you sir. I'm glad to have heard from you. I'd like to discuss
some things of importance. First and foremost, you do know you
have to go through the formalities before bringing gold into the US?
My banker told me this.

Here is my info:
---------------------------- Hempstead, New York, USA
Telephone # - +1------------------- If I am not around my coworker L---- will answer. I have told him all about this.

Get back to me so that I can tell you what my banker needs from you.
I'll give you his email: --------------------. I've called him and told
him to contact you. Thank you, have a great day, and I look forward to
seeing you in the USA.

Alex

I then wrote to "Agent Tuesday" from my accountant's email:

I hope you're doing well today, sir. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm J. Cole Singer, Alex Gaarsland's personal accountant and banker.

He has informed me that you, Abisola Tuesday, from Ghana, will be flying here with gold bars. Before the gold is delivered, there are a few formalities. The "International Gold Sales Form" must be completed before gold can be exported into the United States. I fear I will have to tell Alex not to do business with you unless this is completed.Please respond as soon as possible so that I can provide you with the paperwork. Thanks.

J. Cole Singer
Registered Accountant

Meanwhile, Alex and Tuesday discussed paperwork:

Thank you for providing your delivery detail to me,note i will contact you as soon as i arrive united through my phone number.

Please kindly note I have been on this job for years,i have every paper work and international delivery license that permits me to transport Gold from Ghana to the united states.

PLease inform me all that your banker needs from me.

I am looking forward to your next email.

I just got off the phone with my banker, and he says he's emailed you a letter with info in it.
I think he just wants you to fill out a customs paper or something in order for him to allow me
to receive the gold. Do update me on anything that occurs between you.

Alex

And it is now time for me to invent the International Gold Sales Form.. :lol:
⛪ :1 All of My neighbors are laughing at me because of what happen the monument of faith - Abimbola on the pyramid he built

Hope you’ve buried your father and mother Please incinerate them And use the remains to drink vodka It works for good English - Miss Aliyah

This is really bad. I think poor broke gods time is gonna die out side - Godstime's Review of Lagos Safari

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life

Re: Kofi Kyei will ship you gold (Form Trophy!)

Post by Myon359 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:53 pm

Haven't updated in a while because J. Cole Singer and Abisola got into a long useless talk about customs. Finally, Abisola stopped writing Singer, and emailed Alex.

I emailed your banker and i hope he gets back to you with my reply.
I explained to him already that i am a licensed gold exporter,and i have
been doing business in the UNITED STATES,this is not the first time i am
bringing Gold into the UNITED STATES,I am aware of the custom requirement.
I will contact you as soon as i arrive the UNITED STATES.

i look forward to see you soon.

Best regards.

My banker tells me you have to do the paperwork if you're bringing in gold.
I'll talk to him and update you. Hope to see you shortly as well!

Alex

That was the last I heard from Abisola or Kofi for a time. Despite Singer and Alex sending several "Are you there?" messages, nothing more was heard from the gold lad over the weekend. I was beginning to wonder if he'd sussed, when suddenly, Alex got this mail:

Hello Alex,

I hope you are having a great day,
Please be kindly informed that i will be leaving Ghana today.

I hope to see you tomorrow,I already informed your banker,to get the money ready so that payment will be made as soon as i arrive the united states.

Of course I ran over to my Singer account, and found this:

Thank you for your reply to me, i am sorry for delay in responding to your email.
Please be informed that i will be leaving Ghana today at 9:15PM,kindly inform Alex .

NOTE: THE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FEE SHOULD BE PAID AS SOON AS I ARRIVE THE UNITED STATES,THERE SHOULD BE NO DELAY IN PAYMENT.

Best regards.

Attached was a shiny new trophy:

I'm happy, and Singer is happy as well:

Sir, I appreciate the paperwork.I've read it and checked that it's true.I'll transfer Alex's funds to your account.Today, he is out of town, but I will try to get in touch with him.Stay tuned for New York!

By the way Mr. Abisola Tuesday, let me begin by being the first to be saying hello to you in New York City! We adore foreign guests. You're coming to the NYC concrete jungle, where dreams are made. There's nothing you can't do, these streets will make you feel brand-new, big lights will inspire you! Let's hear it for New York!

P.S: I'm gathering alex's money together now

J. Cole Singer
Registered Accountant

Empire State of Mind anybody?

Around this time, Abisola called L-----: http://www.sndup.net/c8wq And wound up thinking L----- was Alex. How...foolish.

Now it's time to grab a piggy! Stay tuned!

Myon359
419 Eater is My Life

Re: Kofi Kyei will ship you gold

Post by Myon359 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:42 pm

Things were steaming along nicely with the gold lad, however, due to an email fluke, which I had no hand in causing, I may have lost them.

Alex wrote back to Abisola Tuesday right after getting his letter:

Hello Mr. Tuesday. Apologies for not contacting you sooner, I was in another section of the state today for business
matters. I got your email, and I got a telephone call from my banker about you, so I'm coming down to New York
City today. I should be ready by tonight. Will I be delivering cash in person? Where will we meet? Please fill me in
on all details.

Alex

No reply from Abisola, but....
Tuesday morning comes with a letter to Singer--

Hello good morning please be informed that i am already in the UNITED STATES i have informed Alex via emial.
please the custom clearance fees should be paid as soon as possible.

Hello please kindly payment with the information provided below;

(Mule bank account redacted and reported)

NOTE: The amount is total of $6500 and the money should be paid as soon as possible,kindly provide details of payment as soon as you have completed the payment.

A similar mail was sent to Alex:

Good morning ALex,this email is to inform you that i arrived united states this morning with your package in Los Angeles International Airport(LAX) where i am presenting on hold by the custom,like i told you the customs are demanding for clearance fees before i will be released to proceed my journey to New york for us to meet each other,kindly note you have to come with the total amount for the 20kg of gold before i will release it to you.

The custom officers are demanding for clearance fees of SIX THOUSADN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($6500),this amount should be paid immediately without any delay of any kind,below is the payment details;

(same mule account, redacted)

Kindly send evidence of payment as soon as you make payment.

Thank you i look forward to meeting with you today.

Alex was understandably shocked:

Mr. Tuesday, this is unexpected. I thought you were flying directly from
Accra to NYC. How on earth did you get in Los Angeles? It is halfway
around the world from where I am.

I'll refer you to my banker Singer once again. He'll pay the needed
money out of my account. Do refer to him on any further matters and
alert me when you've received the money, so that we can meet.

Alex

No response came from either Kofi or Abisola for quite awhile. Then Kofi finally got back in touch:

Hello are you sure you are ready to receive the gold because have not had from you for a while now.

Yes, I am ready. I've been waiting to hear something back from your
agent Duru. He's currently in LAX and I haven't heard from him in
quite a while. He was supposed to be sending me payment details
today, but he appears to have gone missing.

He will contact you

Ok, thanks for the update. I'll be anxiously waiting.

Then trouble struck. Due to some fluke of the mail system, both of our mails missed each other. I was wondering why the lad wasn't talking, and he was wondering why I was silent. After waiting one and a half days, I wrote to Kofi again, this time to complain:

Hello sir. I have not heard from you or your agent since yesterday and I'm getting
worried. Mr. Singer has everything ready to pay the customs fees, and not hearing
from the two of you is delaying everything. Please do reply.

But Lucas has sent you account and no body bother to respond.
You and your banker are not serious since yesterday account details has been sent to both of you
and three emails have been sent and there is no reply.

Singer has emailed your agent Lucas both yesterday evening and this morning.
We are both serious. Tell your agent to look for our mails and reply, because we
have been trying to get in touch with him. All this wasted time is upsetting.

I had sent a mail from Singer, and got no reply. I resent it after waiting an hour or so:

Hello sir. I think I sent this email to you yesterday, but Alex just called on the telephone and says that you claim to have not received anything. Please get back to me immediately so that I can send Alex's money to you.

Regards, Mr. Tuesday. I am preparing to send Alex's money to you today in my private bank office here.I'll have to ask you to complete this paperwork for me and send it back to me because the bank staff is asking me why I'm sending money to a different account than yours.Please complete everything within the day so I can move on.Thanks.

J. Cole Singer
Registered Accountant

There was some more paperwork attached to the mail.

I don't know what you are talking,if you are not ready to make payment for the gold it will be sent backi and that is the deal.
I am sorry i don't have time for this,i will rather email philip and sale the gold to more serious individual.

I must confess, I got a little ticked off with Tuesday for his incompetance in blaming me for something neither of us could've prevented:

Mr. Tuesday. Know that I have Alex's money on me right now.I mean that.I wouldn't be sending you the bank form to fill out if I weren't.Because the money is going to a bank account other than your own, they want you to complete this.I promise we'll both smile by the weekend if you will kindly collaborate with me on this.My employer, Amalgamated Bank, sets the rules, not I. There is no reason to be offended, kindly complete the paper so that the bank will finalize the transfer. Have you looked at or printed the form?

J. Cole Singer
Registered Accountant

Meanwhile, Kofi was still trying to strongarm/blame Alex

Send the money to the account details he sent to both of you or I will tell him not to sell the gold to any of his receiver.

Sir, Singer is waiting on Mr. Tuesday's input. The money is prepared, it is sitting on the desk,
it is all ready to go, but because Abisola went quiet on us nothing has happened. Again, tell
your man to check his spam folder, his inbox, search for those mails. They have critical things
that Singer needs to send the money.

Nothing from our lads since then. We'll see if I can drag them back in and make them realize the truth, that this was merely an email fluke.

Even if the bait dies here, we've got 1x form, 1x call to Lenny, and 1x piggy, so it hasn't been entirely a waste. :)