Some ideas

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
CruelGecko
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Some ideas

Post by CruelGecko » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:39 am

One hurdle you can throw at a lad is the need to fill out and file a FINCEN 105 form if shipping cash into the united states. The instructions on the form are vague enough that it can be read to apply to bank transfers as well. I insist on this form and a matching copy of their passport before sending a delivery fee. It's not a huge hurdle but it's just another one. I usually only learn of the requirement when trying to pay the fee.

Lately I have been getting scammers to click on a grabify link to get there phone type, location, IP, and sometimes more. In one situation it even told me his charging level. I then tell them I am part of a group that messes with scammers and that I hacked into their phone and uploaded software to let me see their camera, hear their mic, track them, and read texts and emails. Of course they don't believe me until I tell them details that I should not be able to know such as which neighborhood they are in (from ip2location.com). They get SO angry once they are convinced. I then harrass them over the next few days or weeks telling them generic things like I saw what a slum their neighborhood is, how ugly they are, ask who the guy they were talking to was, etc. What fun. Of course I don't actually hack. That would be illegal.

I really want to send someone on safari so I think that will be my next project!

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Some ideas

Post by bware419ers » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:01 pm

CruelGecko wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:39 amI then tell them I am part of a group that messes with scammers and that I hacked into their phone and uploaded software to let me see their camera, hear their mic, track them, and read texts and emails.
Welcome CruelGecko. We understand it is tempting for new members to "one-up" scammers and show how smart the baiter is, however, one of the things we really strive for at 419Eater is not educating lads. What this means is we take every effort to keep scammers from being better at what they do and more effective in their interactions with potential victims. When we finish with lads, they should simply think they lost another victim, not wonder about groups of baiters, what they did (or did not do), etc.

See viewtopic.php?t=68#educating for more!
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo