General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Yura from Ukraine

Post by paulc » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:48 pm

The church received this back in October
Yura wrote:I am writing my message with tears in my eyes.

My name is Master Yura, I am 15 years old. My parents and I have spent all our
lives in Ukraine. My parents and my only brother were killed recently
in one of the Russian bombardment in our city Bucha.. I am the only
one that survived in our family..

My father lodge some money in one of the bank in USA and I want you to
help me in transfering the money into your bank account. I want you to
be my guidian. The amount is $17.000.000.00

Please Can you help me out.
Regrettably the church was unable to help him with his inheritance money, as Father Peter was keen to point out "we are simple church folk, not financial experts". However with the church's vast experience of helping refugees relocate to England, this seemed like an opportunity Yura couldn't turn down.
Yura wrote:I am open for any type of help you want to offer to me, honestly this is the best help. Father my dad was killed in my present by the Russian soldiers when we were on our way to a Shelter, honestly it was the grace of God that kept me, please Fr i need you to help me get out of my current location. Winter is already here and I don't have any winter jacket nor blanket and I have been suffering from malnutrition since I was brought to the Poland refugee camp.
Father Peter was keen to help and asked how much Yura needed to relocate
Yura wrote:Thank you for caring for a hopeless poor soul like me, my help comes from the Lord who made heaven earth. Fr I use to be an alter boy who serves at every holy mass in my community parish, but since the Russian invading on Ukraine it seems like God has forsaken us all because I lost my entire family which is too heavy for me to bear, but I'm trusting God to bring peace so that the both side can cease fire. Dear Fr I have no idea how much a we it will cost for both passport, visa, flight and other things that might be involved including medical test, I am only a child with zero experience on all these, I don't know if it's ok to involve an older woman whom has been caring for me since I came to the Poland refugee camp, her name is Mrs Julia, she is one of the Poland refugee personnel and she treats me with so much love and care.
So we were passed up the chain to Julia
Julia wrote: I have been praying to God to send a helper for this little boy because he is the only child here in the camp without a parents nor a family members and that alone breaks my heart always. Concerning the content of the email you sent to me, I have to contact a lawyer for a legal guidiance because I don't have an idea about the exact amount it will cost to get this little boy to you.
The lawyer stated that before Yura could relocate, he would have to be adopted by Julia.
crooked Polish lawyer wrote:The estimated cost for Adoption program is approximately €35,000- €40,000, plus travel expenses, So I will advise you budget down €40,000
DOCUMENTS TO OBTAIN

MENTAL CERTIFICATE: €1,000
NEW BIRTH CERTIFICATE: €200
CERTIFICATE OF NEW NAME:300
ADOPTION CERTIFICATE: €2,000
POWER OF ATTORNEY: €1,500
AFFIDAVIT: €3,000
HEALTH/LIFE INSURANCE: €1,500
STATEMENT OF FAITH: €500
LEGAL SERVICE FEE: €5,000
TOTAL AMOUNT: €55,000
Mental certificate made me chuckle.

Regrettably the church charity committee didn't have that much in their account but agreement was made to send Julia £25,000 upfront with the balance paid after Christmas fundraising.
Julia wrote:I met with the lawyer today in his office and he can accept to start up the adoption process with an advance payment of €25,000, which the balance will be paid after Christmas
Three bank accounts were supplied ...
Father Peter wrote:I have some quite disturbing news. I visited the bank this morning
and was told all accounts you supplied appear on a European banking
blacklist of suspicious accounts and are currently being
investigated. The bank would not transfer the money.
Luckily the church know a reliable courier that will deliver cash, but after Julia wanted to send it to a London address, it was discovered that Plog is only able to legally transport cash to Africa or Asia
Julia wrote:Honestly I don't know why UK law is so complicated, first the bank rejected my Polish bank account, secondly I provided you my husband's UK company's account to make a cash deposit into it, but it will be tagged as money laundering, now we find sending money to European countries through a courier service is prohibited.
Julia contacted the Polish ambassador to India for help and I thought we may see Plog's first foray into India and instead of traffic accidents with goats, we'd get sacred cows involved, but in the end a friend put her in touch with Father Frankin who is the parish priest of a church in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire, who was pleased to assist and receive the money on Julia's behalf.

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: Yura from Ukraine

Post by paulc » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:03 pm

Plog picked up the parcel from the church but Father Franklin wasn't convinced
Franklin wrote:I have been able to get into the website and when I tried tracking the parcel it didn't show anything rather than Latitude and Longitude numbers, no Leaving Date, no Arriving Date, just an empty information when parcel is been tracked not even showing on transit, I'm sure this is not real but I am going to give you the benefit of doubt from today till Monday, if nothing happens then I will know this whole thing was a prank joke. A parcel when been tracked has to show the RECEIVERS information, I have researched about the company on Truepilot website it has no single review or rating and about their Team Members like, Mr Steve Plog, Fowan In-Eater and Don Draper, non of these people has a registered profile recognized by Google. So I will wait to see the end of this play.. Remain Blessed
Father Peter calls his bluff
Father Peter wrote: I don't have the time or patience to debate the inadequacies of courier websites with you. As you feel this is some sort of joke I suggest we stop the process right now and I recall the parcel before it leaves the UK.
Franklin wrote:I'm only trying to make you understand the difficulties, but I have gotten a clearer message from the courier service company and I'm at rest now. Don't get offended if you were in my shoes you will definitely asked questions let it proceed for the sake of the little child. Stay blessed
With that cleared up and the parcel progressing slowly but surely to Abidjan, nothing could go wrong now.

Wolter from Plog wrote:I gather that your parcel was scheduled to arrive in Abidjan today. I regret to inform you that your parcel has been re-directed to Accra, Ghana. During a routine audit of our Abidjan delivery hub we have found several severe issues with the operating of said hub. Local law enforcement was informed which has led to a number of arrests. We are not allowed to disclose any further information while the investigation is ongoing.
A further update from Plog
Wolter wrote:The Abidjan delivery hub will be closed for the foreseeable future. Over the past day, we have been in high level discussions with Government agencies in both Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire. However we have been unable to reach an agreement which would allow us to make deliveries across country borders.

As we are unable to deliver your parcel we can offer the following options.

1. You can collect the parcel yourself from our delivery hub in Accra. We will reimburse all costs for any expenses incurred plus pay $250 compensation for your inconvenience.

2. We are able to transfer your parcel to Elubo. This is the closest town to the border between Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire. If you wish to collect the parcel yourself, we will reimburse all costs for any expenses incurred plus pay $250 compensation for your inconvenience.

3. If your parcel cannot be collected within two weeks, it will be returned to the sender and all associated costs refunded.
Franklin wrote:Honestly i didn't prepare for this I'm only trying to help. I don't have money on me to travel down to Ghana, but I am willing to go to Ghana to pick up the parcel if you can support me with the transportation fee. Since the pandemic a lot has changed this is why I'm soliciting for help with €300 pounds it will cover all the traveling expensive
Unfortunately the church bank account is empty as everything was sent in the parcel.

Hmm, seems like he knows someone in Accra
Franklin wrote:If I may ask can I send one of my parish servant to pick up the parcel from Accra, he is most trusted.
Let's see if we can discourage him
Plog wrote: As the cargo area is within the secure zone at the airport, if you wish to collect your parcel from Accra you will need to provide a copy of a valid government issued ID at least two days before arriving, so security checks can be run. You will then be issued with a temporary pass that will enable you to access the secure zone.
That seemed to do the trick
Franklin wrote:Thank you for your clarification Please I will be sending someone to Elubo. Please kindly confirm details because the person I will be sending only understand French and little bit of English.
Plog wrote:The process is that once they arrive at Best Star Hotel they take a photo of themselves outside the hotel and send it to the assigned driver. Once received this provides authorisation for the driver to deliver the parcel. 
So we're on for another safari to Elubo. As its such a popular destination maybe Plog should consider opening a delivery depot there.

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:29 pm

Hit a stumbling block with Father Franklin, who is one of the most demanding customers Plog has ever experienced.

Wants to speak to someone at Plog - no sorry, company policy is all communication is via email
Wants to be sent the driver's driving license - no sorry, personal data cannot be shared
Wants the parcel shipped to Lagos instead where one of his friends lives - no sorry, only if you pay the charges
etc etc
I must confess that your display of character is not something to write home about i don't know why you choose to treat a poor clergyman like that even after I have explained my situations to you
May the lord have mercy on you for insulting a noble priest like me because you don't know what you are doing.
I have been nice since I started communicating with you but you choose to treat me with cruelty.
I think your unprofessional in this delivery work

He's said the parcel can be returned to the church, expecting us to complete our fundraising in the new year and send him the full amount then
please call the parcel back so that in January we can finish up since the lawyer has started the legal process.
Father Peter soon bursts that bubble
Now I have a confession to make and I hope you won't be too cross with me. I think I told you about the damage to the church roof, well it turns out our insurance policy won't cover the repairs.

We are not a big or rich church. The fund raising team work extremely hard to raise money and we have overstretched ourselves by sending you these funds as we have nothing left in reserve. The roof is old and was badly damaged and will cost over £30,000 to repair. Unfortunately it is not my decision, the Bishop has said if the money is returned to us it will have to be used on the roof repairs.

I feel terribly bad as I made you promises and I have argued your case, but I cannot go against the ruling of the Bishop. If the money cannot be collected then it will be used for the roof. I have a meeting with the Bishop on Friday afternoon, so I will need to tell him that either it is being collected or it is being returned to the church.

Please forgive me, I didn't mean to let you down so badly. All I can say is we have until Friday to make a final decision
Let's see if the loss of £25,000 is enough to make him travel

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:55 pm

Nope, no trip to Elubo this time. Plog advises Franklin that the parcel has been recalled.

Franklin gives Plog a glowing review. Yet another satisfied customer!
Thank you for your inabilities and unprofessional service, I regret to inform you that your service is not something to write home about. Return to the original sender, Thank you for your the poor service rendered so far. May the Almighty bless you all.

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:53 pm

Franklin was given the option to claim compensation by sending Wolter, Plog's director, evidence by video
Last edited by paulc on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:44 pm

No video was forthcoming and as it was clear Franklin wouldn't travel any distance to collect the parcel, Plog opened its new delivery depot in Grand Bassam, around an hour's drive from where his IP was showing.
Plog wrote:We have decided to close our existing delivery hub at Abidjan airport and move to a new facility in Grand Bassam. The new hub will not be fully operational until the new year, however as you have waited far too long to receive your parcel, arrangements were made to transfer it to the new facility. We currently have no driver resource to deliver it, however it is available for collection by yourself if you wish.
Franklin wrote:Praise the Lord Almighty for this great news. Thanks for your efforts, your company has shown professionalism with this new step of development. Have a Blessed Day
Franklin was given directions to the new depot and a detailed map
Franklin wrote:I am at St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church please can you come pick me up there
Despite his best efforts, Felix, Plog's local manager couldn't find him
Felix wrote:I can't see you. I've been up to the church and around to the school.
There's only a shady looking guy about, but he's always hanging around there.
Are you at the right church?
Can you take a selfie of yourself with the church in the background so I can see you're in the right place.

Mini-safari confirmed.

Felix confirms he's coming to the church
Franklin wrote:Once it is 6pm on the dot I will definitely leave and head back to Abidjan, I don't know why I have to go through all these stress before collecting this parcel. I haven't had a rest today because I just came into Abidjan and headed straight to this place and I am standing in front of St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church for over 45min and still you are not yet here. You gave me 10min to be here and it is already 20min and you are not yet here. Like I said once it is 6pm on the dot I will be heading back to Abidjan because I cannot longer wait. Thank you so much for your understanding, I am waiting for you to meet me here at St Antoine De Padoue
Franklin wrote:Do you release that I have been standing here for the past 1hr and you are yet to come meet me at St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church, I beginning to feel these whole thing was just a joke and time wasting, well it is almost 6pm and I will soon be heading back to Abidjan once it is 6pm
Franklin wrote: I am on my way back to Abidjan right now Mr Felix hope you're happy that you wasted my time energy and resources
And a moan to Wolter, Plog's director
Franklin wrote:I am very disappointed in the way I was treated by Mr Felix. Could you imagine that I got to the location address I was given by him and I stood there for over 3hrs without Mr Felix showing up. He gave me 10min to meet with me in front of St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church where he asked me to wait for him and he never showed up, honestly this is the height of insult to me, I took some pictures of me in front of St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church as a prove to show that I was at the location address he have me. As a matter of fact right now I am not going to let this type of scenario repeat again, so this what I would have face if I have accepted to come to Elubo Border. Well I think at this point I have realized that this whole thing was a big joke, I just wasted my time, energy and resources for no good reason, but I blame myself for believing in your company's concabu stories, I have respected your company's directives but at this time if the parcel can't be delivered to my prospective address of St Monique Catholic Church Plateau Du Dokui Abidjan, then Im not going to make any journey again to any location For whatsoever reason, so had it been I sent someone, this is the type of experience the person would have had. Mr Wolter I think your company needs to pay me for the inconveniences the caused me today, making me to stand 3hrs plus in the sun without coming to meet me or deliver the parcel to me. This is a voilation to my fundamental right and it is unacceptable to me. Thanks for your understanding
Then some shocking news from Felix
Felix wrote:I am so sorry. I was attacked by the shady looking guy I mentioned. I think he was drunk, he certainly stank of alcohol. I am not badly hurt, just grazes and bruises, but quite shook up. He also broke my glasses. Luckily one of my colleagues saw what was happening and came to my assistance. The man ran off, I hope I never cross his path again. I am sorry not to meet you, can we reschedule?
I'm sure Franklin will be sympathetic after hearing of Felix's ordeal
Franklin wrote:Reschedule what at who's person's expense at my own expense, you must be joking. If you're going to cover my transportation then we can reschedule anything order than that count me out. You made me waste my time energy and resources and you want to reschedule another appointment at which person's expense, if you are going to send the transportation cost for me then I will, I paid a taxi man through and flow because I can't drive to Bassam due to I'm not familiar with the route, and we both waited more than 2hrs for you, I have to pay him for that, please if you want to reschedule another appointment then you have to send me the transportation fee to come over, so that I don't end up wasting money again. If this arrangement does not work for you, then look for all these delivery personnel and pay them to deliver it to my prospective address, I can't waste more resources, time and energy coming to Bassam, I wasted 3hrs coming plus 2/30 half hours waiting for you in front of St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church and another 3hrs going back to Abidjan, that is a total of 8hrs 30min wasted today plus my energy and resources. Either you pay my transportation fee or deliver it to my prospective address of St Monique Catholic Church Plateau Du Dokui Abidjan. Thank you so much, I have also sent an email to Mr Wolter describing the scenario that happened today.
 What a nice person!
Last edited by paulc on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:06 am

This morning a moan to Wolter, with the same photos previously sent
Franklin wrote:Those are the pictures I took and sent it to him to confirm that I was at the front gat of St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church and he confirmed that I was at the exact location and gave me 10min to meet with me but I stood there for 3hrs plus. I am highly disappointed in your company for not being able to keep to the initial agreement, by causing a breach. All Mr Felix could say to me is, can we reschedule another appointment without saying at which person's expense. I hired an Uber through and flow to Grand Bassam and every seconds, minutes and hours spent was counter by the Uber meter which was not part of the transportation fee I was charged by the Uber driver for through and flow, I wasted Eight and half hours today without any achievement. Honestly u don't know how I got lured into this but all I'm saying is that I cannot reschedule another appointment requested by Mr Felix at my own Expense, I wasted Thirty Thousand CFA today on transportation cost to the location address I was given through and flow including the 3 and half hours wasted, I don't want to be played again so if there should be another rescheduling appointment between us, it should be at at your own expense. Thank you for your understanding, I hope this is well understood by you.
Still no sympathy or even an inquiry about Felix's health

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:06 am

Franklin was offered compensation for his wasted journey
Franklin wrote:Thank you for this information and offer, but at the same time I have
to set the record straight to you. First, before I can accept to go
through this process this second time, your company must provide me
With an existing number because I cannot afford to go through the same
ordeal I went through on Thursday. Please note that if my own demands
are not being met, then I am afraid this is not going to work.
Plog wrote:You seem to be under the impression that we are negotiating here. This is not the case, and I need to be clear we will not deviate from our standard operating process. If you feel you are unable to accept these conditions, you are of course under no obligation to collect the parcel and we will contact the sender for further instruction.
Franklin wrote:Quit Being Rude, because your company's Standard cannot be defined. You think it is your prerogative to speak to people in the manner that you want, oh my dear Wolter you need to humble yourself because the position you are today is not of your making, but God's Grace, the earlier you know this today the better for you. You might be commanding multitude of staffs, that is just a human power and it can be taken away from you in a twinkle of an eye kindly reflect on this bible Chapter and Verse about Humility: James 4:10, Do you know that Wisdom giveth life to those that has it Wisdom is power and don't forget to apply wisdom when speaking to someone, may this bible Chapter and Verse that talks about wisdom Guide you: Ecclesiastes 7:12. Once again I appreciate all your efforts and I reserve my words and gratitude after a successful meeting with Mr Felix. May God Mercy be upon you.
This guy is very annoying. I really want to waste another afternoon of his time, so a now recovered Felix offers to reschedule the parcel collection
Frankin wrote:May God be praised for protecting and keeping your life, all thanks to him. Well you're aware that we are in the Christmas week so preparation is going on, I will suggest Friday
So we're on for Friday ...

paulc
Dumber Than A Donkey

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by paulc » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:41 pm

Yura, the young Ukrainian lad, is still waiting to receive the £25,000 sent by the church. He's really lucky to know a priest based in Abidjan who is willing to collect the money, on his behalf. Father Franklin should be commended.

It was agreed that Felix would meet Franklin at the church at 1pm
Franklin wrote:I am at St Antoine De Padoue Catholic Church right now please come meet me over there because I am standing under this hot sun. Thank you, I will be waiting for you.
Felix wrote:I had to visit Bonoua at short notice. I am on my way back now, I drive fast should be 10 mins.
I have your parcel with me so will come straight to the church.
I hope Felix doesn't drive too fast
Felix wrote:I have hit a goat in the road and damage the van. It will not drive. I will get garage to fix. Boss will kill me.
I don't know how long I will be. Do you want to come here and collect parcel? I am in Yaou opposite pharmacy on main road A100 not far from Grand Bassam maybe 10 mins drive.
Franklin wrote:What is all this excuses again, you gave me an appointment I honoured it, now you are asking me to come to where I don't know, do you think I live in this town to know where you talking about. Honestly I am tired of this whole manipulation, as I'm talking to you since you cannot come over to St Antoine De Padoue, I have no choice but to return to me destination, thank you for wasting my time Energy and resources again, I know their will be another cook up story again
Franklin wrote:Sorry I cannot condone all these excuses, it is either you come to the location you told me to come or Keep the parcel, I have sent emails to Mr Wolter concerning this and it is unacceptable to me . I came all the way from Abidjan to Grand Bassam and now you want to order me around, If you can own up to your responsibility then I am not in position to do that. Thank you for wasting my time, energy and resources.
Worried that Franklin may return to Abidjan, Wolter a director at Plog contacts him
Wolter wrote:I have received a report that Felix was involved in an accident.
I believe you have been offered the option of collecting the parcel as the town of Yaou is very close to Grand Bassam. As a gesture of good faith I have authorised an increase to your compensation to 80,000 CFA to cover your inconvenience if you wish to travel to Yaou.
Obviously you are under no obligation to do so.
That seemed to do the trick
Franklin wrote:I am at the pharmacie de Yaou and kindly view the attachment file and see the pictures taken by me

Unfortunately the van had been taken to a garage in Bonoua
Felix wrote:Sorry Franklin, garage has taken the car to fix. I not know you coming.
It 20 mins further up road away from Grand Bassam. Garage next to general hospital
Franklin wrote:This whole drama is no longer funny because I am tired of these whole arrangement honestly, I think non of this is something I can do. I am going back to Abidjan because I am tired and worn out all these I never prepared for it, I have spent more than I budgeted
Felix wrote:It not far on road towards Bonoua
Stay on main road you come to big hosptial on left
Garage on right opposite hospital
Franklin wrote:I am coming to the bonoua general hospital
Franklin wrote:I am in front of the general hospital. Mr Felix are you coming or not, I am standing info of the Canal sign post
Franklin wrote:Look my phone battery is almost flat and I don't have charger here with me, so where are you, I managed to take that picture I sent to you so I don't understand why it is taking you long to come at the gate of the bonoua hospital
Unfortunately Felix's phone battery died, so he couldn't contact Franklin
Franklin" wrote:No word from you I guess, you are intentionally doing this to waste my time, energy and resources, but it is all good, I understand that, I blame myself
Franklin to Wolter at 5pm
Franklin wrote:No word from your staff again, I go back to Abidjan thank you all again for wasting my time energy and resources, words cannot express how disappointed I feel about these whole experience. I am beginning to feel that you and your staff are purposely doing this intentionally.
Later in the evening, Felix responds
Felix wrote:I not understand why I couldn't find you. Did you go to right hospital? I not see you waiting.
My phone was flat, I unable to charge it and message you. I am sorry.
Van now fix good job. When do you want to reschedule?
I am now back in office. You can come now to get parcel if you want.
Franklin wrote:Can you hear yourself and your stupid idea out, so you expect me to still be around that town by this time of the night. Do you know how much you made me waste today plus my time and energy, you and whom ever that is involve Can continue to manipulate yourselves, as for me I can never toll that road again, if this same parcel can't be delivered to me in the Parish House of St Monique Catholic Church in Abidjan, To hell with it and don't speak to me about it nor try giving me any false rescheduling 
Felix agrees that tonight is probably not convenient
Felix wrote:Do you want to reschedule for next week?
Franklin wrote:Is there anything I said difficult for you to understand in my last email to you. Stated it clear if the parcel can't be delivered to me at the prospective address of St Monique Catholic Church in Abidjan, your company can keep it or return it to the sender. I can't continue to be wasting money, the money I wasted today could have been helpful to the poor if given. So until I get re-emburst on the money I wasted coming to that place twice, I have nothing to discuss with you. You and your company are full of excuses, maybe the next appointment the building you might be living in will fell on you, because I wonder what the next excuse could be. The first time, you got attacked, Second time your Van got spoilt on the road, maybe the Third time, The building you're living in will fall. If the parcel can't be transported to Abidjan, let's it be returned to the sender, don't write me talking about rescheduling again. Contact me only when your company wants to deliver it to my address or Re-emburst me on the money I wasted twice coming coming to pickup the parcel at your own given address. Like I said if can't be delivered to me here in Abidjan, kindly return to the sender because I have already contacted the sender concerning the flimsy excuses your company are given, so it is obvious you guys doesn't want to deliver it, and I don't want you to speak to me about re-scheduling because you might attract detriment to yourself.
I guess that's a no then. I think Franklin may be entitled to compensation from Plog for his wasted journeys. Obviously that will entail him providing video evidence.