* WELCOME NEW MEMBER. PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE *

General discussion of scambaiting. Please read the forum rules HERE
Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Re: * WELCOME NEW MEMBER. PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE *

Post by Kitty La Gore » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:04 am

Welcome back! Lads still lie, and their formats really haven't changed all that much except now they accept bitcoin. My wallet address is 8675309. I don't know why it isn't working. Let us know if you need any help, and we're always glad to see a baiter come back to fight the good fight :D
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
You are been a foolish man with a naughty brain. ~Paul K
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K
Am just tired and confused and the cards didn't work. ~Jeff

bware419ers
Forum Admin
Original Eater Join Date: 25 Jun 2012

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:44 pm

I remember this avatar!
Welcome back, It's a bit like riding a bike, really. Hopefully your tires are full of air!
REPORT BANK ACCOUNTS | FOLLOW 419EATER ON TWITTER

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI
"Remind me not to get on your bad side." - jose_cuervo

JohnT2D
Hello, I'm Looking Around

Post by JohnT2D » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:14 am

Hi Y'all! :)

After a long time of receiving scam messages and emails, I've finally decided to stop ignoring them and started replying. I like the creative side of it, creating a character, world building, telling a story. It feels like writing a soap opera. My main weakness is probably writing too much and overacting. I still have a lot to learn and psychology is not my strong suit.

Anyhoo, glad to be here and along for the ride!

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:43 am

Welcome, John!

I don't think any of us were experts in psychology when we started - it's a fun journey for sure. Read the FAQs, and please post if you have a question or run into a sticky spot with a lad. We're here to help!
I'm really scared because I notice that I'm develop malaria because of the hot climax here ~ Abiola in Rosso
i was kidnap by Nigeria North desperate danger men in Borno state Nigeria all because of u ~Tim
Abiola-Tim: Lagos to Dakkar to Rosso (wDSW) 9 yrs (anniversary May 2023) | 5 yrs ~ Paul K

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm

I read the name wrong and thought you were half droid (John2D2). WE don't have very many psychology experts here, but we do have our expert psychos, so there's that. When writing a scammer, it's okay to play the normal person next door because that's what the scammer expects. Look around, have some fun, and feel free to share your baits!

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant
"I started to read it but got bored after the first couple of sentences." - SOOI

jayhawk
Not quite a Newb
Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by jayhawk » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 pm

bware419ers wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm I read the name wrong and thought you were half droid (John2D2). WE don't have very many psychology experts here, but we do have our expert psychos, so there's that.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Welcome aboard John. We have lots of psychotic mentors here who are free to help out when the mental facility gives them computer time. Just request a mentor from a mod if you are interested. Everyone around here is extremely helpful so feel free to ask lots of questions.

Baiter92

Post by Baiter92 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:57 pm

Don't know where to start I was looking for someone who would interact with this scammer that I know is making my spouse believe they are interested in him my research refers to them as romance scammers. I'm looking for advice or possibly someone who might could assist me in preoccupying this scammer so they can't con my spouse out of any more money.

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Welcome to 419Eater. I'm sorry your spouse has been targeted by a Romance Scam. There's bound to be lots of drama and conversations that need to take place, but here's some advice when it comes to baiting a scammer that has impacted your life: Don't do it. Revenge really isn't going to fix anything, at least not permanently.

You should read this Sticky first. Scamwarners is really where you and your spouse should visit. As has been said elsewhere and elsewhen, "It is difficult to think clearly and unemotionally when dealing with a criminal that has affected your life. Eater does not advocate "revenge baiting" or continued interactions with scammers by victims. We encourage victims to stop all communications with their scammers and contact our sister site: https://www.scamwarners.com/."

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Szanreszoen

Post by Szanreszoen » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:09 am

Good (insert code to put a suitable word according to what time it is for the reader); I'm just looking around for now, but it would mean a lot to me if I could get some extra aid here (especially when it comes to some tactics and methods I have in mind). I'm very much new to scambaiting, though I am a big fan of many scambaiting YouTube channels, so I know some of the tactics.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:27 am

Welcome, Szanreszoen!

We're happy to help you with any questions you have. Be sure to visit our Forum rules, and there are a lot of great resources in here on scambaiting. We'll help with pointers along the way. Great to have you with us!

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm

Feel free to sign up for the Mentor program. See: viewtopic.php?t=99

While all our members are happy to help and provide advice, there's nothing like having your own dedicated mentor to help you along!

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

sisteranita

Post by sisteranita » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:54 am

hi everyone, I'm sister anita and I have $17.5 million usd and 2 months to live.

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:18 pm

I'm a huge fan of"Anitas." Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

laser

Post by laser » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:01 am

Hello!

I am very happy to have found this forum and that my pasttime for the last few years has a name and a communitiy My real life friends are starting to get tired of my scambaits, but I find them as amusing as ever. I am dealing mainly with scambaits on messenger and Instagram.

I am not American, and not from a native english speaking country, so some of the lads I get are a bit confused by different infrastructure in different countries, but I try to work around that. I am also a bit concerned about online safety, as I've been using mainly my personal account for this. Maybe I should reconcider?

Anyways, great to be here! I wanna learn as much as I can in the beginning, but I am also open for joining creative discussions and helping out others and the community.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:27 am

Welcome, Laser!
I am also a bit concerned about online safety, as I've been using mainly my personal account for this.
Ah, here is the first big lesson: never use your personal information in a bait - it's not safe, and we want you to be very, very safe! I would drop any scammer who knows your personal information, and take a bit of time to create some fake online profiles. Read up on our tutorial, and please ask us if you have any questions!

laser

Post by laser » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:34 am

[no need to quote the above text ;) think of this as an ongoing conversation! ~ KLG]

Sounds very reasonable. Are there any spesific advice regarding how to navigate fake ids on social medias, that would seem legit to a scammer? Social media characters seems a bit harder to build than just a character on mail. I have probably not been careful enough in the past, and even though nothing bad has happened, I would want to build a safe social media presence. These are the kinds of baits I enjoy the most :)

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:13 am

You can easily create a social media presence (well... depending on where you are in the world) and if you need a profile picture, just grab one from this site. I would start following businesses in whichever area you claim to live in, and then post photos of your cats (generated by AI or something). Comment on those goofy "grandma's kitchen" type of shares, and make sure your profile is open to the world. The lads will find you!

Merlin
Original Eater Join Date: 11 Jan 2012

Post by Merlin » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:47 pm

Hello again!

Some years ago (2011-12?), I found (and joined) this site while trying to figure out how to engage a lad that wanted to share his fortune with me. With an IT security background, I knew this was a scam and I thought it would be fun to interact with him and steal some of his time. With the wealth of info I found on here, I proceeded to run a couple of baits, strung one on for a long while, but not much came of it. I think the lad may have figured out I was messing with him after the many, many failed WU attempts :roll:.

I kind of drifted away from active baiting, but did come back to read some of the published baits from time to time after that. As I am now nearing retirement, I was thinking it would be fun to get back into it so decided to see what was new here. I was pleasantly surprised to see the site going strong and having a new forum format. I see I have a lot of catching up to do...

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:01 am

Welcome back! We look forward to reading some of your baits. Have a quick catch up and feel free to ask any questions in the Help, Hints, and Tips forum, if needed.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

ScamJäger

Post by ScamJäger » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:29 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to 419eater, but have been following youtube scambaiters for years now. I'm currently taking courses on ethical hacking, have extensive IT experience, and have a goal to be like Jim Browning: breaching the scammers and reporting them to the appropriate authorities, while also saving victims from the lads.

I'm the type that does a lot of research when learning a new skill, so I'll be doing a lot of reading, observing, and asking.

Mods: May I please have my username changed? I'm unable to message you at this time due to my having a fresh account here.

Kitty La Gore
Old Mod

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by Kitty La Gore » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:56 am

Welcome, {name to be determined}! Feel free to send me a DM with your preferred name and I'll nudge the powers that be. You'll find in our forum we often rely on good old fashioned social engineering to get the scammers to part with their most prized possessions: the mule bank accounts that keep them in business! Definitely read the stickies in our forum areas, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Muskrat

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:56 pm

Hello. I joined to report scams that I commonly get on my phone, mostly "Debt forgiveness" scams. Big fan of Twitch and YT scambaiters.

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:37 pm

Welcome Muskrat. Please note 419Eater is not a place to report scams. We are a scambaiting community that deals with engaging with advance fee fraud scammers to waste their time. We do not deal with debt relief or credit repair scams. Feel free to have a look around and see what happens here. You might find it to be a fun community.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant

Dotty

Post by Dotty » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:43 am

Hi all you can call me Dotty! :D
Long time scambaiter watcher who is trying to get into it, im based in AUS and am trying to figure out the best way to begin.
I did my first scam bait on my drive home from work one night after i got the same recording scam call twice in a day, first time i just left it on until it hung up automatically, second time i decided i had a half hour to waste so i selected the option it wanted me to. :twisted:
Apparently 'my' bank account with ANZ had a $1000 transaction that they caught as sus. when i called in angry and frustrated demanding to know where this charge came from i was told it was an overseas traveling company. i proceeded to waste the girls time while i drove home, and as i was taking my exit towards home, i decided to let her know shes a terrible person. She didnt like the fact i told her i didnt even have an account with ANZ and promptly hung up on me. :roll:
Safe to say was the most fun i had had in a while. :lol:
Would love if anyone could give me advise on tech and stuff to stay safe besides common sense :) (Benefit if you are also Aussies would love to know what tech and apps we can use down here :roll: )
Last edited by Dotty on Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bware419ers
Forum Admin

Mod Awarded Icons

User Icons

Post by bware419ers » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Welcome Cheezie. The first advice I would give is to never, ever interact with the scammers using your real life details. You would be surprised what the scammers can do with a phone number, email address, or social media account connect to who you really are. 419Eater is also a community dedicated to engaging with "419" or advance fee fraud. Some of these may take place via phone, but more often than not, almost everything is done online. You might take a look around the Help, Hints, and Tips forum to see a little more about who we are and how we work. You might find we have a few tricks for wasting even more time than on a phone call.

RIP "FFS." - Capone
RIP Toomuchfun
RIP Irishemigrant